Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Iplaysgames96" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, July 7th 2017, 8:07am

Odd speed inheritance mechanic in BF1

So has anyone else noticed especially on the landship if the driver is steering the chassis of the tank to the right for example, your shell will not fire in the direction of your aiming reticle but rather towards direction of where the tank is moving. This happens with all vehicles and Im trying to figure out why this happens and was never an issue in past games
Official heretic of the Symthic forums

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, July 7th 2017, 8:23am

Also Id like to add video visual to better describe what Im talking about

Iplaysgames96's Xbox clips on XboxDVR.com

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, July 7th 2017, 2:35pm

Does that seem like a bug to anybody else? I understand including speed inheritance of turret rotating, but looks like it does not include players compensation (or are these old tanks supposed to work like that?)
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, July 7th 2017, 3:27pm

I figured this was a game mechanic and everyone knew about it. That's why I never get people saying tanks should keep moving all the time. it just makes all the shells miss (as it should with tanks this old without gun stabilizers). I thought it was to balance vehicles against infantry a bit better. If a tank has to sit still to fire accurately then it's more vulnerable to the anti-tank weapons besides just the rocket gun, like mortars/ rifle grenades and thrown grenades.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, July 7th 2017, 8:04pm

I... don't think this is how speed inheritance is supposed to work.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, July 7th 2017, 9:29pm

I figured this was a game mechanic and everyone knew about it. That's why I never get people saying tanks should keep moving all the time. it just makes all the shells miss (as it should with tanks this old without gun stabilizers). I thought it was to balance vehicles against infantry a bit better. If a tank has to sit still to fire accurately then it's more vulnerable to the anti-tank weapons besides just the rocket gun, like mortars/ rifle grenades and thrown grenades.

You stop only to fire....

When people are saying keep moving all of the time they mean retaining tactical mobility.

A tank that sits around is a dead tank. That doesn't mean you can't take some time to aim your shots.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, July 7th 2017, 9:37pm

When people are saying keep moving all of the time they mean retaining tactical mobility.

A tank that sits around is a dead tank. That doesn't mean you can't take some time to aim your shots.

The issue is with landships in particular, This "mechanic" greatly hinders the effectiveness of landships because even the most organized squads wont act as one mind and will almost always have shells going everywhere but where they are aiming

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, July 7th 2017, 9:41pm

The issue is with landships in particular, This "mechanic" greatly hinders the effectiveness of landships because even the most organized squads wont act as one mind and will almost always have shells going everywhere but where they are aiming

Agreed-ish. It's not a problem if you have both gunners responding on VOIP. The rare times I do use the TH, I usually have company and I'll call a stop to fire at enemy tanks, etc.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, July 7th 2017, 9:51pm

I usually have company and I'll call a stop to fire at enemy tanks, etc.

Also one more detail I forgot to mention that is important is it isnt dependent on whether or not the tank is moving but if the chassis is changing direction. If a tank is driving with the chasis going straight but angled at a 45 degree angle with the turret facing forward, the shells will go straight. this only occurs when the chassis is actually turning or changing directions.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, July 7th 2017, 9:55pm

I usually have company and I'll call a stop to fire at enemy tanks, etc.

Also one more detail I forgot to mention that is important is it isnt dependent on whether or not the tank is moving but if the chassis is changing direction. If a tank is driving with the chasis going straight but angled at a 45 degree angle with the turret facing forward, the shells will go straight. this only occurs when the chassis is actually turning or changing directions.

I'm going to try to steer and counter aim with one of the casematted tanks to see if it's doing the same thing. Wonder if it's consistent across all vehicles or something funky with having multiple seats. Does it throw off MGs too?