Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "tttt1010" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 28th 2017

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 1

Saturday, July 1st 2017, 10:13pm

The definition of High and Low TTK

I see a lot of inconsistency between how low and high ttk is used in the CTE forums. Some people, like marbleduck in his latest video, seem to think that high TTK = higher dps. But increasing the time to kill someone means is the opposite of higher dps, so shouldn't it be lower dps?

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Saturday, July 1st 2017, 10:22pm

I see a lot of inconsistency between how low and high ttk is used in the CTE forums. Some people, like marbleduck in his latest video, seem to think that high TTK = higher dps. But increasing the time to kill someone means is the opposite of higher dps, so shouldn't it be lower dps?

It should be "fast" TTK and "slow" TTK. "slow" TTK is obviously a low DPS.

"High" and "low" times are idioms, and thus gramatically incorrect in this context. "High time" could mean "greater than normal time" but that's not a typical construction in English.

• "tttt1010" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 28th 2017

Reputation modifier: 1

Saturday, July 1st 2017, 11:45pm

wouldn't high ttk be a a high amount of time to kill, thus making it the same as a slow ttk? I don't see how that is grammatically correct. I would rather people be more consistent and use high=slow and low=fast.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Sunday, July 2nd 2017, 7:19pm

wouldn't high ttk be a a high amount of time to kill, thus making it the same as a slow ttk? I don't see how that is grammatically correct. I would rather people be more consistent and use high=slow and low=fast.

Yes. High in that context means "greater than normal".

This post by "DoyleNorman" (Monday, July 3rd 2017, 7:22am) has been deleted by user "Miffyli" (Monday, July 3rd 2017, 10:07am)

This post by "DoyleNorman" (Monday, July 3rd 2017, 7:24am) has been deleted by user "Miffyli" (Monday, July 3rd 2017, 10:07am)