Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Saturday, July 1st 2017, 8:52am

I don't think the Russian M1895 Cavalry/Trench is THAT bad, honestly. If anything, it's practically a slower firing RSC 1917 with laser-like accuracy and the ability to kill with a single headshot within relatively close ranges. Muzzle velocity is fairly "meh," though, and the cycling animation likely throws most people off. DICE should probably work on the latter a bit. Have the rifle's sights deviate less from the center of the screen while chambering a new round.

IIRC the Beretta 1915 was manufactured in much larger numbers in .32 ACP, and the game data also indicates that it's chambered for that round. But yes, a slightly more powerful cartridge would be a nice solution to it being a clear downgrade compared to the other pocket pistols (even though Support doesn't have access to those anyway).

Having fewer BTK with a headshot mixed in is a difficult advantage to leverage, though. I'd suggest something like 28 max damage and the damage dropoff points being bumped 3m further or so.

Regarding the P08, I agree with the sentiment that it suffers from a lack of a clear niche.

Hm, I recall the Beretta M1915 being chambered in .32 ACP also, but I couldn't recall if those would have been pre-Armistice or post-Armistice models. I was also going to mention that the 449 rpm pistols are all class-locked. The minute differences between them won't be a deciding factor in which class you're going to choose, not by a long shot. That's unless you're playing in a handgun server. In that case, the Taschenpistole M1914 would be the best, followed by the M1903 Pocket Hammerless, then the Beretta M1915, and lastly the Frommer Stop (because deploy time won't matter much at all when a pistol is forced to be your primary). In regular servers, where you'll likely spend at least 95% of your time, I'd say the Taschenpistole M1914 and Frommer Stop are roughly tied, followed closely by the M1903 Pocket Hammerless, and lastly the Beretta M1915. Overall, whatever buff the Beretta M1915 should receive should be fairly "minute," nothing too large.

Simply for the P08, just cut off damage drop-off points after 27 (17.37 damage) or 28 (16.67 damage) meters. Maybe DICE can implement some strings of code in either the round's files or the separate gun files to have the 32.76 meter damage point (15 damage) only apply to the Steyr M1912 and not the P08, and thus bypass the need of creating a whole new round within the game files.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Saturday, July 1st 2017, 9:54pm

I don't think the Russian M1895 Cavalry/Trench is THAT bad, honestly. If anything, it's practically a slower firing RSC 1917 with laser-like accuracy and the ability to kill with a single headshot within relatively close ranges. Muzzle velocity is fairly "meh," though, and the cycling animation likely throws most people off. DICE should probably work on the latter a bit. Have the rifle's sights deviate less from the center of the screen while chambering a new round.

I honestly think it is really good, especially in combination with the extra class armor. Between the Rifle and a decent-ish sidearm you're pretty well covered in terms of engagement ranges since you've got the deep damage resistance and ability to heal yourself between 1v1s.

The strength of the cav class is the combination of abilities: horse mobility on the flats, grenade dumping/swording from horseback, heavy armor, ability to heal/resupply on foot.

If they got "bestguns" it would objectively overpower the class.

Date of registration
: Oct 8th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Saturday, July 1st 2017, 11:49pm

It is a neat experience using a class that has more health and self healing but weaker guns. But the running around on horse back part is let down by having a "skill floor" that's so far high it's probably not even in the human range.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Sunday, July 2nd 2017, 12:41am

It is a neat experience using a class that has more health and self healing but weaker guns. But the running around on horse back part is let down by having a "skill floor" that's so far high it's probably not even in the human range.

Eh?

It's really easy, you just can't go through the cluttered portions of the map.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, July 2nd 2017, 3:39am

Horseback seems so inconsistent to me, really. I used to be able to kill people with the infamous saber from like ten feet away a few months ago, and I still get killed with the saber from an insane distance by other players. Meowadays, my saber really just ghosts through 80% of people and does nothing to them. It's just easier for me to hit them with my horse instead (roadkill). Cavalry is pretty solid on foot, though.

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, July 2nd 2017, 12:03pm

Cav rifle from horseback is crazy good on console with snap aim assist. All I have to do is L2>R2 very close together and it pretty much won't miss. I barely use the saber anymore, I just shoot/ grenade enemies. This also allows for better kiting. I find cav is great for backcaps and harassing the enemy force from the edge of the battle with flanking grenades and rifle fire. I usually end up drawing the fire of a good chunk of the enemy team, allowing my own team mates to advance. This is particularly true on linear maps like frontlines soissons, CQ suez and basically any rush map. Having 3 AT grenades (including the dismounted one) to hit tanks with when flanking is also really good.

Date of registration
: Oct 8th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, July 2nd 2017, 2:58pm

Eh?

It's really easy, you just can't go through the cluttered portions of the map.
Is it because you're blocked by invisible walls, or because you know if you go into them you know it will be impossible to smoothly move through terrain? It's like sniping, you got your handful of elite players who can land shots consistently enough to really effect the game, but even in high level Cav gameplay I still see a lot of whiffed sabers and getting stuck on terrain.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, July 2nd 2017, 5:11pm

Guys get back ontopic. This discussion is about P08, now about horses and whatnot.

(PS: I do not remove posts so people can still see what was the issue, if anybody wonders)
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, July 2nd 2017, 8:09pm

Giving the P08 better end damage, or any damage different to the M1912, shouldn't be a problem at all if the latter is simply switched from 9x19mm Luger to 9x23mm Steyr, letting them have different damage models. I had assumed the M1912 was always in 9mm Steyr anyway.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, July 2nd 2017, 10:20pm

The 9x19mm Parabellum/Luger variant of the Steyr M1912 was post-WW1, I believe. So yes, 9x23mm Steyr would be period-correct.

Actually, backpedaling, the Steyr M1912 and Hellriegel M1915 do have their own 9x23mm Steyr round files. Thus, the damage of the Luger P08 and MP18 can actually be changed without affecting those other two, respectively.