Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, June 29th 2017, 3:46pm

I do find it useful but in very limited setups. It USED to be my pick when running a shotgun (not M.10 Slug) though that role has been replaced by the Gasser 1870 as I have grown accustomed to the abysmal velocity.

Perhaps in future it could have its damage increased to solidify its place as a long range handgun, perhaps making it a 4 - 6 instead of 4 -7 whilst extending the 5 hit kill range. Could be a faster firing competitor to the MARS at the expense of velocity, magazine size and spread.

I still find it much easier to use than the M1911, but I prefer the latter's 3 bullet kill at very close range. For a bit more reach, I find the C-93 fares similarly whilst also having a higher fire rate of 360.

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, June 29th 2017, 4:21pm

I use it on assault paired with the rickroll. Since I mostly play support with the M1912 as my sidearm, I find the P08 is fairly similar in use so switching classes is less jarring.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, June 29th 2017, 5:44pm

I do find it useful but in very limited setups. It USED to be my pick when running a shotgun (not M.10 Slug) though that role has been replaced by the Gasser 1870 as I have grown accustomed to the abysmal velocity.

Perhaps in future it could have its damage increased to solidify its place as a long range handgun, perhaps making it a 4 - 6 instead of 4 -7 whilst extending the 5 hit kill range. Could be a faster firing competitor to the MARS at the expense of velocity, magazine size and spread.

I still find it much easier to use than the M1911, but I prefer the latter's 3 bullet kill at very close range. For a bit more reach, I find the C-93 fares similarly whilst also having a higher fire rate of 360.

That's actually an interesting concept. One less BTK at min damage pairs up nicely with the M1911's one less BTK at max damage.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, June 29th 2017, 10:23pm

Entente Calvary: ACTION HERO.

South Central Powers: Gimped side arm puts him at distinct disadvantage. Makes up for it by being a historically accurate black guy in a picklehaub because dice is going for accuracy not diversity.

I find it really annoying that you cannot select from among the "all kit" sidearms for your Cav sidearm.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, June 30th 2017, 10:12am

Actually, yes, I'd like to see a minimum damage buff for the P08 (somewhere from 16.7 to 17.4). Although, DICE would need to give it a separate round file from the Steyr M1912.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that the Modello M1915 is the most outclassed 449 rpm pistol. All four pistols are practically the same. However, the M1903 Pocket Hammerless has the fastest tactical reload time, the Taschenpistole M1914 has the best empty reload time, and the Frommer Stop has best deploy time. The Modello M1915 has one more round per magazine than the Frommer Stop, as do the other two remaining 449 rpm pistols, but it has by far the worst reload speed out of the four (effectively meaning it has no advantages whatsoever over the M1903 Pocket Hammerless and Taschenpistole M1914).

What I'd suggest is to give the Modello M1915 its own damage file. 9mm Glisenti is still a good bit more powerful than the .32 ACP round fired by the other three pistols. I'd say it should be given another damage point of 27.03 at 5 meters. This way it'd be able to kill with a single headshot and two torso shots within that very short range. If not sufficient enough, then 27.33 (one headshot, one torso shot, one limb shot) or even 27.63 (one headshot, two limb shots).

Date of registration
: Mar 5th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, June 30th 2017, 9:52pm

Actually, yes, I'd like to see a minimum damage buff for the P08 (somewhere from 16.7 to 17.4). Although, DICE would need to give it a separate round file from the Steyr M1912.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that the Modello M1915 is the most outclassed 449 rpm pistol. All four pistols are practically the same. However, the M1903 Pocket Hammerless has the fastest tactical reload time, the Taschenpistole M1914 has the best empty reload time, and the Frommer Stop has best deploy time. The Modello M1915 has one more round per magazine than the Frommer Stop, as do the other two remaining 449 rpm pistols, but it has by far the worst reload speed out of the four (effectively meaning it has no advantages whatsoever over the M1903 Pocket Hammerless and Taschenpistole M1914).

What I'd suggest is to give the Modello M1915 its own damage file. 9mm Glisenti is still a good bit more powerful than the .32 ACP round fired by the other three pistols. I'd say it should be given another damage point of 27.03 at 5 meters. This way it'd be able to kill with a single headshot and two torso shots within that very short range. If not sufficient enough, then 27.33 (one headshot, one torso shot, one limb shot) or even 27.63 (one headshot, two limb shots).
IIRC the Beretta 1915 was manufactured in much larger numbers in .32 ACP, and the game data also indicates that it's chambered for that round. But yes, a slightly more powerful cartridge would be a nice solution to it being a clear downgrade compared to the other pocket pistols (even though Support doesn't have access to those anyway).

Having fewer BTK with a headshot mixed in is a difficult advantage to leverage, though. I'd suggest something like 28 max damage and the damage dropoff points being bumped 3m further or so.

Regarding the P08, I agree with the sentiment that it suffers from a lack of a clear niche.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, June 30th 2017, 10:01pm

Having just done the 25 Cavalry kills for that dog tag thingy today, I forgot just how much less effective the P08 is to the M1911 when it's your primary weapon.

And also how utterly awful Cavalry as a whole is. Horses are trash in every way, the on-foot rifle is meh, and the gadgets do nothing but keep you going after a fight (nothing fun or interesting). The only real use Cavalry has is as a Pistol and Saber combo officer class, on foot. And even then, only when you're on the Triple Entente side with the M1911.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, June 30th 2017, 10:49pm

Having just done the 25 Cavalry kills for that dog tag thingy today, I forgot just how much less effective the P08 is to the M1911 when it's your primary weapon.

And also how utterly awful Cavalry as a whole is. Horses are trash in every way, the on-foot rifle is meh, and the gadgets do nothing but keep you going after a fight (nothing fun or interesting). The only real use Cavalry has is as a Pistol and Saber combo officer class, on foot. And even then, only when you're on the Triple Entente side with the M1911.

Are you joking?

Cav is fucking amazing in every way except when the horse gets stuck on random things and/or is inconsistent with jumping or just stalling.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, June 30th 2017, 10:58pm

Are you joking?

Cav is fucking amazing in every way except when the horse gets stuck on random things and/or is inconsistent with jumping or just stalling.

Which is basically all the time. From the refusal to go basically anywhere I actually want to go, to the awful turning radius/rate, to the awkward as hell saber, and virtually unusable horse-mounted rifle... yeah, not a fan. I'll take a transport over a horse every time, and they're not even that good either.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, June 30th 2017, 11:02pm

Are you joking?

Which is basically all the time. From the refusal to go basically anywhere I actually want to go, to the awful turning radius/rate, to the awkward as hell saber, and virtually unusable horse-mounted rifle... yeah, not a fan. I'll take a transport over a horse every time, and they're not even that good either.

I use the horse to attack tanks and flank positions only. On maps with lots of cover I just back-cap and then fight on foot with the squad and then move elsewhere if the horse survives.

The combination of class armor, decent rifle and self heal/resupp makes the cav amazing for infantry fighting. You can just chain 1v1s constantly.