Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

BeefVellington

The Real Yugas

(282)

• "BeefVellington" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 15th 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, June 29th 2017, 1:06am

The P08 is a pointless sidearm

T4R. The 1911 has similar stats but with a lower BTK and better reload time which IMO makes the P08 a total waste of a weapon choice. Some of you may point out to me that the P08 has better recoil control but this doesn't matter on a gun which you'll be exclusively hipfiring anyway.

I see threads on Symthic and Reddit in which people with no high-level experience hold up the P08 as a solid sidearm choice using complex mathematical formulas and it blows my mind. I don't know why anybody is saying the P08 is worth placing anywhere besides the bottom of the trash heap. I tried using the P08 the other day, after which I contracted simian AIDS and now I only have six months to live. Try the 1911 instead.

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,510)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, June 29th 2017, 1:13am

P08 is for when you want a M1911, but actually intend to use it past 9.5m (where it has the exact same BTK model for better stats everywhere)

Also draw time is better.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

BeefVellington

The Real Yugas

(282)

• "BeefVellington" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 15th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, June 29th 2017, 1:15am

P08 is for when you want a M1911, but actually intend to use it past 11m (where it has the exact same damage model for better stats)
Might as well have the option to 3-shot in CQC rather than 4-shotting always.

Also draw time is better.
50ms faster draw time is a pointless benefit considering the 1911's better CQC performance will mitigate it completely.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, June 29th 2017, 1:26am

The P08 looks like a decent choice compared to any single other option, but once you start comparing all of them it loses a lot of appeal. Even just among the four standard pistols.

All it really has over the Mle is slightly better end damage (not overly relevant) and reload time. The C93 is almost a straight upgrade, with the C93's lower start damage not changing BTK and end damage being mostly irrelevant; most other stats are identical, while the C93 fires (and thus kills) faster. It basically takes all three other standard pistols and gives you one with none of their downsides... but also none of their benefits either.

The only way I can think of to make them a more balanced choice set would be to buff it to 360rpm, matching the Mle and C93, and adjusting some other stat or two. Ultimately, it's the 4BTK coupled with the slower 300rpm RoF, giving it the slowest TTK of the four, that kills the gun.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Oct 28th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, June 29th 2017, 1:58am

T4R. The 1911 has similar stats but with a lower BTK and better reload time which IMO makes the P08 a total waste of a weapon choice. Some of you may point out to me that the P08 has better recoil control but this doesn't matter on a gun which you'll be exclusively hipfiring anyway.

I see threads on Symthic and Reddit in which people with no high-level experience hold up the P08 as a solid sidearm choice using complex mathematical formulas and it blows my mind. I don't know why anybody is saying the P08 is worth placing anywhere besides the bottom of the trash heap. I tried using the P08 the other day, after which I contracted simian AIDS and now I only have six months to live. Try the 1911 instead.
I beg to differ.

If I wanted a sidearm that kills very fast up close, I'd pick a revolver. All revolvers kill considerably faster than the 1911 under 10m. Past that distance, I'd rather pick the more accurate sidearm for consistent hitrates and damage. The P08's better hrecoil statistics give it better ranged performance than the 1911.

It is hard to argue with the MLE and C93 as alternatives, though; I mainly use the P08 for personal preference rather than competitive advantage.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, June 29th 2017, 2:16am

For Assault I think M1911 and C93 are the best guns, the gasser is okay same with the howdah, its just not as good as the Auto Revolver , Bulldog or the Bodeo.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, June 29th 2017, 5:34am

I find that having the same secondary weapon with same behaviour throughout all kits is more valuable than using the "best" class specific weapon. More simple and reliable that way. So I just throw the C93 on all kits.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, June 29th 2017, 6:57am

If anything, I'd say that the P08's recoil, while still considerably lower than the M1911, is what kills it in comparison to the 359 rpm pistols. 0.5 degrees of horizontal recoil in both directions is pretty insane when compared to its closest counterparts. Also, the lower rate of fire means that recoil and spread decrease will kick in slightly slower.

The P08 is a solid handgun, but that really doesn't prevent it from being one of the most irrelevant handguns in the game. It's just slightly edged out by its competition. Not by much, but just enough that it's noticeable.

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, June 29th 2017, 1:04pm

Yes I agree that the P08 is pretty pointless. If I want to click at 256rpm, M1911 has the 3BTK that P08 doesn't have. If I want lower recoil, I would go for the 359rpm options. If I feel like spamming, I would go for the 449rpm options. In a nutshell, P08's lower recoil is nullified by its limited fire rate.

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, June 29th 2017, 3:19pm

Entente Calvary: ACTION HERO.

South Central Powers: Gimped side arm puts him at distinct disadvantage. Makes up for it by being a historically accurate black guy in a picklehaub because dice is going for accuracy not diversity.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>