Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, July 17th 2017, 9:19pm

I'm sorry, but it seems you've missed a very large chunk of what's actually being suggested here, claiming people are trying to simply buff the Hellriegel is absurd.

The Ribeyrolles is a bridge between SMGs and Machine Rifles, while the Hellriegel should inherently be a bridge between SMGs and Machine Guns (aka high capacity, suppressive fire types). They fill a similar role in different ways.

No, I understand some large chunks perfectly well.

For assault to whine about lack of relevance is utter BS. Kills occur at close range and assault by far the most involved in the CQC required to cap objectives. For support & medics to play at the distances their primaries are intended, they must stay on the fringes of the objectives and be sniper bait, or press in close and get shredded by SMGs/shotguns they generally can't compete with. Assault also has by far the best and most explosives. If traversing the map is hazardous, we'll, too damn bad. It's a friggin war game and getting from A to B is dangerous for everyone. You can't have it both ways.

My disdain is triple for those who whine that the Hellriegl needs more range. At 650 RPM and 60 round mag, it is a low skill weapon for the chickenshit. Hold down the trigger and walk it on. I can say that because I'm
Probably one of the "shitbuckets" and my KPM is higher with the chickenshit gun than any other. I quit using it because I decided I wasn't going to get any better, it's just too easy to use. I cannot fathom why 110/level 50 assault players with 50 SS on the damn thing still use it. Time to move on to another class or game.

• "BleedingUranium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, July 17th 2017, 9:45pm

My disdain is triple for those who whine that the Hellriegl needs more range. At 650 RPM and 60 round mag, it is a low skill weapon for the chickenshit. Hold down the trigger and walk it on. I can say that because I'm Probably one of the "shitbuckets" and my KPM is higher with the chickenshit gun than any other. I quit using it because I decided I wasn't going to get any better, it's just too easy to use. I cannot fathom why 110/level 50 assault players with 50 SS on the damn thing still use it. Time to move on to another class or game.

The Hellriegel needs more range at the cost of CQB effectiveness and DPS.

The thing you're missing in this rant is that the whole point is to turn the gun into something that isn't the too-easy-but-crap weapon it is now. The weapon you're complaining about would, in all terms relevant to said complaining, not exist anymore.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Oct 5th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 1:02am

Seriously, fuck no. Leave the goddamn TTK alone. I want to work for my kills and not some unrewarding shit.

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 2:38am

Seriously, fuck no. Leave the goddamn TTK alone. I want to work for my kills and not some unrewarding shit.

Then I recommend another game. Not in a snarky "you want realism, go play ARMA"-way, but as a wholehearted recommendation. Other games do the gameplay you seem to seek way better.

Bf1 remaining a step away from large scale maneuver based combat (which lower TTK facilitates), and staying in 1v1 duel shooter territory (which longer TTK facilitates, because then you spend more time in the fight) just distances Bf1 from the interesting Bf gameplay without taking it anywhere near a game designed around longer TTK.

I did enjoy a few rounds of Domination in Bf1, as that mode fits the gunplay, but then I remembered other games (Halo 5 in my case, also Overwatch) offer a similar, but much deeper and more polished experience. I do like rewarding 1v1 combat, but it's not what Battlefield best can offer.

Shorter TTK would let you work for your multikills.

signature 2.1

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____

When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. Itís a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

Cool/Useful Links

What Makes the Best Player?
David Sirlin on Intuition
Archive - Wait But Why - I recommend the posts on AI, and Neuralink, in that order. They are long, but very interesting. Just skim parts of them.

Symthic Databrowser
Battlefield 1 DeployTimes

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Saturday, July 22nd 2017, 1:55pm

The problem is that we have short TTK weapons for close quarters like automatico and shotguns, and for medium range like the SMLE. And that makes the rest of the weapons very frustrating to play with.

IMO BF1 tried too hard to be more like Overwatch, to the detriment of its core that makes Battlefield fun to play.

• "BleedingUranium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Saturday, July 22nd 2017, 10:28pm

The problem is that we have short TTK weapons for close quarters like automatico and shotguns, and for medium range like the SMLE. And that makes the rest of the weapons very frustrating to play with.

This is true, and specifically because Shotguns, the Automatico, and Bolt Actions are effectively already balanced around the faster TTK model, that's exactly why they're so much better than other options.

BF1 Bolt Actions got the buffs they had desperately needed for BF4... but then everything else's TTK was drastically slowed down, making them seem too powerful/effective in comparison. Especially in comparison to other ranged weapons, and even more especially ranged LMGs.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, July 23rd 2017, 4:30am

i still don't understand what overwatch has to do with battlefield though.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, July 24th 2017, 9:55am

i still don't understand what overwatch has to do with battlefield though.

The point I was making is that the changes from BF3/BF4 to BF1 makes the gameplay closer to OW, that's it. Longer TTK, de-emphasis of positioning, increased strafing speed and acceleration, failed push for gadget auto-regeneration, close quarters clusterfuck battle/chaos. OW is not the only game that has these features, but it is a convenient comparison because of its popularity on PC. Also I am not saying which copied which, or BF1 is similar to OW. They are not similar because naturally they are different games. But BF1 is certainly moving towards that direction.

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, July 24th 2017, 11:26am

I dunno man, Overwatch is still a pretty poor comparison.

Strafe speed is hardly the first thing that comes to mind when one thinks of Overwatch-esque gameplay. When Battlefield turns it into a proper hero shooter, arguably an FPS MOBA then we can draw comparisons.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, July 24th 2017, 1:06pm

I mentioned OW not to make it a comparison to Battlefield, but merely to indicate the direction of gameplay we are heading with the changes. I hope I make the difference clear enough.j