Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Iplaysgames96" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 4:32am

Hypothetical mondragon extended variant

Never have I desired a variant more for a weapon to be added into BF1.

(skip to 14:00)
Mondragon 1908 Semiauto Rifles - 4 Different Examples - YouTube
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lHSGgZcv1H0/hqdefault.jpg

Some mondragons were equipped with a 12 round detachable magazine and were primarily used by the german air corps. I think this would be great to see implemented into the game.
The question is how to balance it If such a weapon was implemented into the game.

Hypothetically, It could have to following stats to balance it:

Mag size: 12
Choice between iron sights and buckhorn sights
ADS Base Spread: 0.18
ADS Moving spread: 1.02
Spread increase: 0.2
Spread decrease: 3.0
These above stats are the same as the storm

Vertical Recoil: 1.1
Horizontal recoil: 0.45
Recoil decrease: 3
These are the same as the sniper.

The reason I choose these hypothetical stats is because statistically, the hypothetical stats possess the flaws of both sniper and storm variants without the benefit of any of the other variants: It has the higher recoil of the sniper and it has the lack of precision of the storm. It also doesnt possess the better spread of the optical. This in turn allows the other three variants to have better, unique stats while the hypothetical extended lacks any of these favorable quirks in turn of having a faster reloading, larger detachable magazine.
Official heretic of the Symthic forums

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 5:11am

Quoted

It has the higher recoil of the sniper and it has the lack of precision of the storm. It also doesnt possess the better spread of the optical.

So what reason is there to use basically a crappy Selb 1916 Factory with half the mag capacity?

Keep in mind, the Selb 1916 and Mondragon are direct competitors to each other. One has 2.5x the mag capacity in box reloads, the other has just a slight -0.08 horizontal recoil decrease.

The thing that really separates the two are the variants. Mondragon gets the Storm (much less recoil) and Sniper (Bipod), 1916 gets the Factory (less spread increase per shot, faster spread reset) and Marksman (less spread increase per shot).

• "Iplaysgames96" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 5:18am

Quoted

It has the higher recoil of the sniper and it has the lack of precision of the storm. It also doesnt possess the better spread of the optical.

So what reason is there to use basically a crappy Selb 1916 Factory with half the mag capacity?

Keep in mind, the Selb 1916 and Mondragon are direct competitors to each other. One has 2.5x the mag capacity in box reloads, the other has just a slight -0.08 horizontal recoil decrease.

The thing that really separates the two are the variants. Mondragon gets the Storm (much less recoil) and Sniper (Bipod), 1916 gets the Factory (less spread increase per shot, faster spread reset) and Marksman (less spread increase per shot).

The mondragon also has a faster rate of fire
Official heretic of the Symthic forums

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,510)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 5:20am

Other than, you know, the big RoF difference of 257 and 225.

Not sure how you could possibly gloss over this fact. 14% doesn't seem like a lot? It is, though—it's the same as the difference between the ACE 21 and the ACW R

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 5:24am

I completely forgot about the extra 33RPM, but it just shows how that extra RPM is hardly anything noticeable to me. Especially since they're both mid/long range rifles, and blasting at maximum RPM is just asking to not hit anything unless someone is up close, and you should be pulling out your Auto Revolver instead.

EDIT: You brought up the ACE21 and ACW-R, but that 15% translates into an extra 110RPM. That's a staggering difference between the two, as opposed to 224RPM vs 257RPM.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 10:28am

Other than, you know, the big RoF difference of 257 and 225.

Not sure how you could possibly gloss over this fact. 14% doesn't seem like a lot? It is, though—it's the same as the difference between the ACE 21 and the ACW R

I don't mean to be a pedant, but "differences" can't be described as a single percentage, since you get different numbers depending on whether you calculate the percentage increase or percentage decrease.

But yeah, the difference in close quarters is actually very noticeable between the two rifles, despite the mere difference of 33 RPM. To put it into some context, the Selbstlader is out TTKd by every LMG in close-quarters. Whereas the Mondragon can out-damage the Benet Mercie, Huot, Lewis Gun and even the MG15 up close.

marbleduck

(1,510)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 2:30pm

I was talking about a functional difference (a "disparity"), not a mathematical difference.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 3:38pm

It would make the Mondragon play even more like the DMRs from BF4. I would like to use it, as I find the 10 rounds to be a bit short for me.

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 4:35pm

Thematically it would be cool but a 32 round Mondragon would be absurd and would make the 1916 even more useless. Though I must say, the factory 1916 is pretty handy on attacking open maps on Rush, particularly dealing with snipers.

marbleduck

(1,510)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 8:52pm

I completely forgot about the extra 33RPM, but it just shows how that extra RPM is hardly anything noticeable to me. Especially since they're both mid/long range rifles, and blasting at maximum RPM is just asking to not hit anything unless someone is up close, and you should be pulling out your Auto Revolver instead.

EDIT: You brought up the ACE21 and ACW-R, but that 15% translates into an extra 110RPM. That's a staggering difference between the two, as opposed to 224RPM vs 257RPM.

No, it doesn't not show that the extra RoF is "not noticeable". It just shows that you are not perceptive enough to appreciate it. The most important distinction is that the Mondragón can shoot with 0 SIPS at 225RPM, whereas the 1916 gets progressively more inaccurate at that range.

15% is a big deal be it between 224 and 257, or between 770 and 880. I cannot believe that I actually have to explain this shit.

Consider this difference between 1RPM and 25RPM. That's a huge disparity, but the difference is only 24RPM. 25RPM is a usable Bolt Action; 1RPM is a shot every 60 seconds. The difference between 975 and 1000RPM? None, functionally.

It's almost like, as numbers get smaller, differences between them matter more.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail