Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, June 14th 2017, 1:15am

But you have the luxury to do so. Many have not. I can choose a server in Frankfurt with a ping of 23ish or one in London for 40 or in Moscow for 50. People in the Midwest of the USA (I assume), Oceania and Asia will have trouble finding appropriate servers.

By the way, I play PUBG mostly on NA servers with a ping of 120 or so. Totally doable, you only see a difference in extreme close combat. I think for BF anything up to 80 is largely fine.

You missed my point entirely.

I simply would not invest in an MP focused shooter that did not provide the server infrastructure to play sub-100 ms latency in the 21st century.

All digital content providers offer a refund policy (in the case of origin it's 24hr after first launch). If I found that I couldn't get decent pings I would simply return the product. They aren't interesting in providing me with a quality experience, I'm not going to give them my money. Lots of other games to play.

It's a really simple economic calculus.

Similarly, I have zero issues with the design decision to give "right of way" to players with better connection to the server in terms of when they take cover and the like. You shouldn't be slightly crippling everyone's experience as a provider because you provide shitty regional support for subsets of your clientele.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, June 14th 2017, 1:27am

My issue with this whole disaster is that it seems entirely unnecessary. I'm a west coast NA player almost always playing on west NA servers, wired connection, I'd say roughly 30-50 ping (I don't check often); I'm the exact target demographic that's supposed to be benefiting from these changes. And I've seen zero difference.

My game hasn't changed, but thousands of other peoples' games have become entirely unplayable. Heck, even if I saw some minuscule improvement, that's still not okay. When DICE has already murdered the community spirit with lack of RSP, this is the very last thing they should be doing.
Who has fun, wins.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, June 14th 2017, 2:27am

But you have the luxury to do so. Many have not. I can choose a server in Frankfurt with a ping of 23ish or one in London for 40 or in Moscow for 50. People in the Midwest of the USA (I assume), Oceania and Asia will have trouble finding appropriate servers.

By the way, I play PUBG mostly on NA servers with a ping of 120 or so. Totally doable, you only see a difference in extreme close combat. I think for BF anything up to 80 is largely fine.

You missed my point entirely.

I simply would not invest in an MP focused shooter that did not provide the server infrastructure to play sub-100 ms latency in the 21st century.

All digital content providers offer a refund policy (in the case of origin it's 24hr after first launch). If I found that I couldn't get decent pings I would simply return the product. They aren't interesting in providing me with a quality experience, I'm not going to give them my money. Lots of other games to play.

It's a really simple economic calculus.

Similarly, I have zero issues with the design decision to give "right of way" to players with better connection to the server in terms of when they take cover and the like. You shouldn't be slightly crippling everyone's experience as a provider because you provide shitty regional support for subsets of your clientele.

Personally I think it is their duty to provide a stable connection for every region, especially when you are totally in control of the servers like DICE is. You are right that one should not throw money at them, but who could have thought that there changes to server hosting and renting basically killed communities across the world, which would otherwise have been able to become established servers for every region. Now players are forced to play on Official DICE servers, which are obviously not suited for the player masses of some regions.

It is true that the amount of people with higher pings got up, but there is no way a guy with a ping of even 150 has any noticeable effect on my game. However it does screw with these guys that have come on my server out of bad luck or dire need. Further, if somehow my connection is unstable for whatever reason, my game could be negatively effected as well.

This all could have been avoided if they had encouraged renting servers and communities more, or if they had invested their shitton of money they got from BF1 into a better infrastructure, because there is no way the player could have foreseen this being an issue. As far as a refund goes, it was all well at release, servers were up and running everywhere and the darn ping restriction was not in, either. So there is no real need for a refund for connectivity reasons.

Date of registration
: Feb 1st 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, June 14th 2017, 3:14am

The thing is that Asian PC players were overwhelmed by the hackers and cheaters in their region server, So they move to EU or US server to have a better gaming experience. This cause problem to EU/US players due to physical connection distance so that they are fighting against high ping players. So rare enough(or I should say regular enough) DICE heard those feedback and set a ping-wall(reduce ping compensation) to keep Asian players out from US/EU server. This can be nothing at all if DICE have a PROPERLY working anti-cheat system to keep Asian server a healthy place to play (There is countless BF1 cheat selling on TaoBao.com, the biggest selling website in China)that they don't need to go to other regions servers. But DICE just don't want to have a working Anti-Cheat, And willing to sacrifice entire Asian players to please EU/US players.

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, June 14th 2017, 11:50am

I still don't get how having bad connection helps. Back in BC2 days with no Australian servers, I had to basically play better than everyone else because I had a full half second delay on any damage I did. I would also frequently rubber band into walls and around corners. I had to develop a very defensive playstyle because straight 1v1s were impossible. Nowadays I live in Melbourne, one of the few places in Australia with decent internet (I generally have ping of 10-15) and I can play much more aggressively and my hits connect right away.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, June 14th 2017, 10:34pm

I still don't get how having bad connection helps. Back in BC2 days with no Australian servers, I had to basically play better than everyone else because I had a full half second delay on any damage I did. I would also frequently rubber band into walls and around corners. I had to develop a very defensive playstyle because straight 1v1s were impossible. Nowadays I live in Melbourne, one of the few places in Australia with decent internet (I generally have ping of 10-15) and I can play much more aggressively and my hits connect right away.

The most visible way this is a problem is that a low latency player with have dived to cover and then die quite some time after their client shows them protected. It feels like you've been cheated from a life.

Generally I agree with you though, I wouldn't waste my time with a game that could only net me a 200 ping.

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, June 14th 2017, 11:15pm

The most visible way this is a problem is that a low latency player with have dived to cover and then die quite some time after their client shows them protected. It feels like you've been cheated from a life.

Generally I agree with you though, I wouldn't waste my time with a game that could only net me a 200 ping.

The funniest thing that used to happen was when I'd be driving my Cobra down a street on Oasis and then be suddenly sucked into a wall that the game had decided I crashed into. And I'd be there trying to turn the other way to fight the rubber banding. Then I'd usually just teleport inside the building somewhere or maybe explode if the game was being a real dick ?(