Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Iplaysgames96" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, June 9th 2017, 7:31am

Diversifying the m1907

So anyone who has payed attention to any replies/posts that I make regarding the m1907 will most always include me thumping my chest saying: "The m1907 factory needs more love!"

Looking at the m1907 variants from both my point of view and a point of view ive noted is held by some people, a critique of the m1907 is as follows:

Trench: overall best CQC varaint
Sweeper: An ease of use variant that offers very little performance gain
Factory: It just wants to be a true ranged SLR So bad!

So I got to thinking: What if the m1907 was made to be more diverse in between its variants?

One of my critiques of the sweeper is that its only true strength is ease of use and hip fire spamming (due to less spread decrease when hipfiring)
One interesting thought I had is what if the sweeper was re balanced to have more characteristics of a full auto weapon and perform more as such? One way to do so would be:
Decreasing ADS spread increase to 1 from 2 to be in line with the hip fire increase. This would make the sweeper be more solidified in a role of sustained full auto fire
But to bring it in proper line and to further emphasize the role of this weapon as full auto: increase the 1st shot multiplier from 1 to 1.25 or 1.5.
Overall, I think this would make the sweeper actually have a proper roll as a full auto rifle

To better put emphasis on the roll of the trench as a "trench clearing" hipfire weapon: increase the spread decrease while hipfiring from 3 to 6. This will solidify the trench as a potent hipfire weapon

And finally: the factory
Decreasing the H recoil from 0.6--0.6 to 0.4--0.4
increase the recoil decrease from 5.25 to 6

This will assist the factory as a medium range option of the m1907 as currently, the m1907 is in a weird place where yes, the benefits of the factory variants apply, the effective range of the m1907 somewhat nullifies these benefits to a degree. reducing the horizontal recoil will help push out the effective range to help the 1907 factory excel in medium range
Official heretic of the Symthic forums

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, June 9th 2017, 6:50pm

The M1907 is definitely one of the least diverse or interesting between its variants, probably because of the Sweeper being a crappy Trench. They should all have full auto by default like the Cei-Rigottis do, and the Sweeper should have been something more interesting.

All of them having iron sights definitely doesn't help, no gun should have only iron sights for all its variants. Though, if we could simply choose optics this wouldn't be an issue.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, June 9th 2017, 7:14pm

The M1907 is definitely one of the least diverse or interesting between its variants, probably because of the Sweeper being a crappy Trench. They should all have full auto by default like the Cei-Rigottis do, and the Sweeper should have been something more interesting.

All of them having iron sights definitely doesn't help, no gun should have only iron sights for all its variants. Though, if we could simply choose optics this wouldn't be an issue.

That would sound good. If they were to keep two semi auto variants. they both should have less H recoil to improve precision

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, June 9th 2017, 8:14pm

They should all have full auto by default like the Cei-Rigottis do, and the Sweeper should have been something more interesting.
Higher fire rate compounded with shit recoil, perhaps?
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, June 9th 2017, 10:14pm

Higher fire rate compounded with shit recoil, perhaps?

That alone would have made the Sweeper worth something. While the real RoF of ~800 would obviously be excessive (as with the Cei), something higher than the semi-auto one would have been better.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, June 9th 2017, 11:34pm

So yeah. Despite me having 1000 kills with the m1907 factory I just gave up on it. It was great after they buffed factory rifles then they decided to change how SLR recoil works and decided to give the m1907 double the H recoil it used to have. Way to DICE a weapon up.

Mondragon OPTICAL and SNIPER, here I come

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2015

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, June 12th 2017, 9:01am

When I first started with medic, I tried the M1907. I wasn't really impressed with the semi-auto versions, simply because I wasn't used to them. (Coming directly from the support class where you just hold the trigger down when the enemy is in your crosshairs) The sweeper kind of got me started in the medic class. I couldn't hit anything with the Cei-Rigotti originally - I think I had like five total kills with SLRs before I leveled the medic class up enough to get the M1907 Sweeper.
I found that I could compete somewhat with the other classes while using it. In the end, I found it to be a good stepping stone for the longer range semi-auto SLRs - especially since the m1907 variants aren't what I'd consider accurate compared to the other SLRs. The M1907's iron sights force it even further to be used primarily in close quarters.
I've started using the trench variant, and immediately was surprised at the hip fire control. It gives it a bonus viability in those occasions where you're shooting in a cloud of poison gas.

All in all, I don't feel that these variants need adjusting. They each have a role to fill.
I love the math behind the statistics
It's possible to find me online at almost any given time, due to the fact that my schedule is hectic and rather non-existent.

Who needs sleep anyways?
(PC/PS4 gamer)

Various bf4 spreadsheets: (nothing special, just raw data from the Symthic website put into a spreadsheet to analyze all values at once)

Spoiler Spoiler

General Weapon spreadsheet:
BF4_Weapons_enhanced_UPDATED_2016
Soldier Equipment:
BF4_Gadget_Damage
Interactive Damage Table
bf4_dmg_at_range - Google Sheets
Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
bf4_sniper_guide
Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
Suppressed bf4_sniper_guide
More user friendly Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart