Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "lope_a_dope" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2015

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 7:57am

What melee weapon do you use & why?

What weapon do you prefer in hand to hand combat?

For me it's the hatchet - high damage, slow recharge, with great utility functions.
I love the math behind the statistics
It's possible to find me online at almost any given time, due to the fact that my schedule is hectic and rather non-existent.

Who needs sleep anyways?
(PC/PS4 gamer)

Various bf4 spreadsheets: (nothing special, just raw data from the Symthic website put into a spreadsheet to analyze all values at once)

Spoiler Spoiler

General Weapon spreadsheet:
BF4_Weapons_enhanced_UPDATED_2016
Soldier Equipment:
BF4_Gadget_Damage
Interactive Damage Table
bf4_dmg_at_range - Google Sheets
Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
bf4_sniper_guide
Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
Suppressed bf4_sniper_guide
More user friendly Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Sniper rifle Bullet Drop Chart
More user friendly Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart

Date of registration
: Feb 26th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, June 8th 2017, 1:16am

I use hatchet for the utility entirely. Hacking through barbed wire is nice

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,510)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, June 8th 2017, 1:21am

The Knives still have the double hit glitch, so they are effectively an 80 damage weapon. I prefer them for this reason.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, June 8th 2017, 2:40am

If it weren't for the assignments I'm working on, the Sawtooth and (when I get it) the Saber. The Bedouin Dagger is also nice.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, June 8th 2017, 3:58am

Personally I perfer the model 8 25 extended for my melee weapon of choice :thumbsup:
Official heretic of the Symthic forums

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, June 8th 2017, 12:30pm

The Knives still have the double hit glitch, so they are effectively an 80 damage weapon. I prefer them for this reason.

was it fixed for the hatchet? and wouldn't it result in the same... well, result using just a hatchet at that point?
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, June 8th 2017, 4:41pm

This is a good idea for a thread. For me, aesthetically it's the shovel, for utility it's the hatchet, and for when I find myself accidentally hitting R3 when trying to aim at an enemy , I switch to one of the knives as they have the shortest animations. I haven't found myself doing that as much these days but for a long time it was a real reflexive problem for me in both BF1 and BF4.

I wish they put a little more effort into this, with tiny tweaks to range, kill angle and damage to differentiate the weapons. It sucks that some are just straight upgrades. Still the best melee out of any of the BF games I've played.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, June 8th 2017, 9:05pm

Knives for the wombo bug damage.

• "lope_a_dope" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2015

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, June 12th 2017, 9:08am

I got my 500th hatchet kill before coming into work.
Taking a random leap of faith off of the bridge on Argonne Forest TDM and hatcheting the Wex flammentruppen for an instakill.
Being bayonetted immediately following it was the icing on the metaphorical cake.

EDIT: I forgot to ask - how long has the double hit glitch been in the game, and why haven't I noticed it before? Bayonets also are like hand to hand weapons right?
I love the math behind the statistics
It's possible to find me online at almost any given time, due to the fact that my schedule is hectic and rather non-existent.

Who needs sleep anyways?
(PC/PS4 gamer)

Various bf4 spreadsheets: (nothing special, just raw data from the Symthic website put into a spreadsheet to analyze all values at once)

Spoiler Spoiler

General Weapon spreadsheet:
BF4_Weapons_enhanced_UPDATED_2016
Soldier Equipment:
BF4_Gadget_Damage
Interactive Damage Table
bf4_dmg_at_range - Google Sheets
Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
bf4_sniper_guide
Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
Suppressed bf4_sniper_guide
More user friendly Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Sniper rifle Bullet Drop Chart
More user friendly Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lope_a_dope" (Jun 12th 2017, 9:15am)

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, June 12th 2017, 9:46am

Bugged weapons and weapons you have to jump through hoops to unlock aside, the Hatchet is really the best melee weapon in the game. The whole "damage vehicles" perk isn't very useful considering it only applies against lightly-to-unarmored vehicles. Destroying wood and barbed wire (clearing paths) is generally going to be far more useful. And the Hatchet does both of those. . .