Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Iplaysgames96" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 5:52am

Any historical merits behind mp18 experimental?

Most of the weapons and their respective variants have some historical merit such as the m1903 experimental being the perdersen device or the m1907 sweeper due to many m1907s purchased by the french in the 1917 contract having auto sears installed for full auto fire.

I cannot find any reference to any kind of experiential mp18s being developed outside of a 7.63 mauser variant produced. Has anyone done some historical digging or is this DICE being DICE?
Official heretic of the Symthic forums. Avid M1907 factory user and complete casual pleb.
Iplaysgames96 - Profile Overview - Battlefield 1 Tracker

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 6:10am

Pure fantasy.

Select fire successors to the MP18 existed (MP 28, MP 34, etc) but these were all semi and full auto, no burst capability.

Date of registration
: Mar 2nd 2017

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 6:14am

Must be why they made it so ineffective so it isn't unrealistically overrepresented, like the *cough* Hellriegel.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, June 8th 2017, 7:23am

There's many misrepresented and anachronistic weapons/vehicles in the game. I don't ever recall hearing anything about a burst fire MP18, and as such, it seems to just be DICE using "creative liberties."

Here's an interesting, experimental device for the MP18 (which have been much more interesting), however.

It's a "beltless feed" magazine designed by Heinrich Vollmer. It holds 60 rounds and is fastened to the user's hip. The flexible tube has a coil spring that acts as a sort of auger to feed cartridges forwards, and the magazine also has its own spring that pushes cartridges into the coil spring along with rotating it.

Not the MP18 version, but shows more-or-less how the magazine works.

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2015

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, June 9th 2017, 12:25am

@CReaperDorian

Very interesting! I'd be interested on how efficient it was compared to the original snail feed magazines.
I love the math behind the statistics
It's possible to find me online at almost any given time, due to the fact that my schedule is hectic and rather non-existent.

Who needs sleep anyways?
(PC/PS4 gamer)

Various bf4 spreadsheets: (nothing special, just raw data from the Symthic website put into a spreadsheet to analyze all values at once)

Spoiler Spoiler

General Weapon spreadsheet:
BF4_Weapons_enhanced_UPDATED_2016
Soldier Equipment:
BF4_Gadget_Damage
Interactive Damage Table
bf4_dmg_at_range - Google Sheets
Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
bf4_sniper_guide
Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
Suppressed bf4_sniper_guide
More user friendly Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Sniper rifle Bullet Drop Chart
More user friendly Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, June 9th 2017, 11:12am

@lope_a_dope

Considering how problematic rigid double-drum (C-MAG), casket, and helical magazines are even today, I'd imagine a flexible magazine nearly a hundred years ago would have been even more-so. All the twisting and bending of the coil spring would almost-certainly cause significant damage and feeding problems over time. Luckily, we're talking about a video game, where not-extremely-reliable designs can be made to be 100% functional and competitive (like the M1915 CSRG, even though it was still substantially better than no machine guns at all). I bring up the design as it's interesting, and games should be interesting.

As for how the magazine works beyond what I mentioned? I'd imagine it would be loaded by winding the magazine spring enough to load single cartridges into those holes seen on the magazine, and then you'd release the pressure to advance those cartridges onto the coil spring. You'd repeat that process multiple times until you got a full coil spring and magazine, and then you'd give the magazine spring an extra 60 clicks to power the coil spring while firing. What'd I also like to know is if the user were to be issued with a single or multiple magazines. The reason being because if one were to do a "tactical reload" after firing, say, 45 rounds, the 15 remaining rounds will be at the front of the coil spring and thus prevent the rotation of the coil spring if there were an attempt to load more rounds (which means you want to run the gun dry before reloading that one magazine). Overall, "augers" are quite flawed for firearm loading, and the Evans Repeating Rifle was already proof of that.