Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Iplaysgames96" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 11:03pm

My love hate relationship with the MP18

So I understand there is a definite mp18 fan club within the symthic community but Ive been iffy about the gun. To me. It just feels like a "meh" gun.

The automatico trench, though has more recoil compared to the mp18 trench, just doesnt feel like the recoil is that much more than the mp18 especially considering how much faster the automatico fires.

The automatico trench, despite having a much faster rate of fire, has the same spread statistics as the slow firing mp18 trench while hipfiring. The only saving grace seems to be the 7 extra bullets in the mag and the somewhat better range past 12M. Again, is what makes the gun feel like a bastard child gun that performs "meh" where the other guns are lacking

The hellriegel again: Faster ROF, Less V recoil, much larger mag, larger ammo reserve whereas the mp18 has somewhat less spread, slightly less 1st shot recoil and H recoil, and slightly better handling (deploy time and slightly better reload)

Maybe I am missing something here or viewing from a pessimistic light. I know in a thread I just looked at a bit ago, A chart was linked showing the mp18 being the "best performing" SMG out there but Im highly skeptical on how the charts came to that conclusion
Official heretic of the Symthic forums

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 11:43pm

Hellbagel has no Trench variant, MP18 does.

Automatico Trench has a harder time killing full HP targets past 20m. MP18 Trench laughs at that and continues to kill at that distance and slightly beyond with ADS.

I can definitely see where you're coming from, since the MP18 has the lowest ROF of all SMGs and therefore one of the lowest TTK in the standard Assault operating range (<30m). But the MP18 gives up lightning fast killing power up close for a bit more versatility at range, while still retaining great hipfire accuracy.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, June 5th 2017, 2:34am

Automatico kills past 20 meters too.
Yeah Mp18 trench is good too.
Other than that Slug is best.

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, June 5th 2017, 7:52am

Automatico kills past 20 meters too.
Automatico Trench has a harder time killing full HP targets past 20m. MP18 Trench laughs at that and continues to kill at that distance and slightly beyond with ADS.

You are going to have to burst with the Automatico at longer ranges to kill people whether hipfiring or ADS. Bursting cuts down your TTK, and it's going to be more difficult than just ADS magdumping with a 1.0x MP18 Trench.

Slugs aren't really worth the trouble, and never were since BF4. It operates on the same principle as the other A-10 Variants; kill in the first shot or be murdered. Guess what's going to happen if you hit someone in the forearms up close, and the gut/arms past 12m? A whole lot of skill req for something that's much less easier to use than say, BF3 870MCS/SPAS-12 Slugs

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ritobasu" (Jun 5th 2017, 8:00am)

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Monday, June 5th 2017, 5:19pm

Automatico fac > automatico trench.

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, June 5th 2017, 10:48pm

Personally don't find much use for the automatico as the MP18 is far more controllable, particularly with micro burst headshots. Getting the correct rhythm with the experimental and also headshotting is absurdly effective.

If I want to maximize my close range DPS, I go with a shotgun, usually the 12G Backbored or Sjogren. The 12G in particular is my hard counter to automatico ADAD spam, as is the Auto .35 Factory.

The Automatico Factory is quite fun to burst with but I honestly would just use the MP18 as I find it awkward to 2-3 round burst a 900RPM gun

I quite enjoy the hellriegel though as its large mag and decent spread accuracy when bursted is handy in maps such as Amiens. The Defensive variant is also quite fun to run with in maps with long corridors.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, June 5th 2017, 11:49pm

@Dantheminigunfox

Given how many times the word "burst" appears in your post, I'm not surprised you prefer the ranged SMGs. :D
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2017

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 6th 2017, 12:02am

So I understand there is a definite mp18 fan club within the symthic community but Ive been iffy about the gun. To me. It just feels like a "meh" gun.

The automatico trench, though has more recoil compared to the mp18 trench, just doesnt feel like the recoil is that much more than the mp18 especially considering how much faster the automatico fires.

The automatico trench, despite having a much faster rate of fire, has the same spread statistics as the slow firing mp18 trench while hipfiring. The only saving grace seems to be the 7 extra bullets in the mag and the somewhat better range past 12M. Again, is what makes the gun feel like a bastard child gun that performs "meh" where the other guns are lacking

The hellriegel again: Faster ROF, Less V recoil, much larger mag, larger ammo reserve whereas the mp18 has somewhat less spread, slightly less 1st shot recoil and H recoil, and slightly better handling (deploy time and slightly better reload)

Maybe I am missing something here or viewing from a pessimistic light. I know in a thread I just looked at a bit ago, A chart was linked showing the mp18 being the "best performing" SMG out there but Im highly skeptical on how the charts came to that conclusion
Pretty much it's the consistency of the MP18 that keeps me coming back. Yes you will have a few situations where an Automatico may kill you beyond 20m, but on average you should should be able to kill them or at least have a far easier time killing them at that range than they will of you. As for the Hellriegel, It's a good gun and I can see why some people use it. I honestly think it gives up too much to do the same thing the MP18 does. The hipfire for me at least makes up for any shortcoming the Hellriegel has over it.

I get the impression from your post the ttk in close quarters seems to be the main sticking point. Have you considered running a revolver like the No.3 or the Gasser? Granted they wont win all CQB engagements but they cover the CQB ttk that the MP18 can lack.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, June 6th 2017, 2:23am

If you use a revolver with Assault, you go with the Gasser. The No. 3 is all-kit for a reason; it's garbage in comparison.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration
: Oct 8th 2016

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 6th 2017, 4:45am

The mp18 seems like it's left over from the early days of development, when the focus was on creating skillgap by rewarding the discipline to properly pace out burst to fully recover spread. But the design switched to staying at specfic ranges and the automatico was introduced to dominate everything at CQC. Now it is just the long ranged SMG that will still beat the other classes at CQC, but not by much if they're using their respective CQC guns.