Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "RagingFruitfly" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, June 1st 2017, 10:28pm

Weapon Discussion and Resolution

So I guess the complex title could be simplified as yet another best weapon thread, but I wanted this to have a bit of a twist, if you can call it that...

So I've found that many of the threads are very in-depth with numbers, which, with being Symthic, will be inevitable and helps many of us. However, I feel that there needs to be a thread which does not take into account any personal scoring systems, but merely takes into account statistics taken from the actual game plus the subjective opinion of members of the community into the feel of the weapons in practice. I would like this also to be more of a discussion with a lot of ideas being shared and possibly improved upon. As much as it is a push, I'd love this little thread to be all end all for those searching for the perfect weapon for the most encountered engagement range, and, if possible, complimenting threads where others use their own scoring system. I know I kind of rambled but I hope you all know what I mean. To kick it off:

What do you think are the most viable weapons for BF1 for the most frequently encountered engagement range?

Please take into consideration, if this is possible, to seperate weapons into a kind of "noob friendly" and "veteran" category. Some newer players and players who continue struggle with recoil may need a more controllable option before moving onto the gun you recommend first.

Many thanks, and this idea can be tweaked upon. I'm just hoping to offer a thread which is simple and concise, and is updated with everyone's opinions after every patch/DLC, leaving no need for a new thread each time,

Zer0Cod3x

Can't get a title

(1,327)

Date of registration
: Dec 23rd 2013

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, June 2nd 2017, 12:03am

Assault:
- Automatico Storm and Trench
- M10-A Slug
- M97 Hunter
- MP18 Trench

Medic:
- Model 8.35 Marksman and Factory
- Model 8.25
- Cei-Rigotti Factory and Trench
- Mondragon Optical

Support:
- BAR Storm and Telescopic
- Madsen LW
- Huot LW

Scout:
Anything but the M1903 Experimental is probably fine, but the M95 and SMLE are probably the most useful.
something something Model 8 bestgun

How to ice an A-91

Next, wanna try adding a guy that you KNOW is bad, and just testing to see that? Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

PP-2000 added. Y'know, it's not that bad....

Yes, it comes in last so far, but that is mostly because I'm making it shoot at 100m ADS - Not Moving as one of the criteria. Even then, between 50-100m Not Moving, when you include Useability, it is only 1.37% worse than the MTAR-21. Within 50m then it even beats the A-91.

Have a look, vs. the A-91 Carbine:

Using it with Muzzle Brake and Compensator is a wash in terms of overall performance. Comp is SLIGHTLY more accurate, while MB is SLIGHTLY more easy to use. Their overall scores are basically tied, with MB just ahead. I guess either can be recommended.

But... You can't be counting for the fact that it takes 9 bullets to kill at "long" range... Don't you dare tell me my A-91 is worse than a 9 BTK 650 RPM mediocre PDW.

Also. Just go heavy barrel. The recoil is low enough.

Well, technically...

Comparing a PP2K with HB and an A-91 with comp and stubby (as you suggested in an earlier post), at 50m not moving, the A-91 is only better by 4 damage per hitrate. While at 75m and 100m, surprisingly the PP2K does better than the A-91 (I'm pretty damn surprised as well).

And 10m and 50m moving the PP2K also does more damage per hitrate than the A-91. At 25m the A-91 is only better by about half a bullet's damage as well.

In addition, the PP2K has a much larger mag size and substantially less recoil. And it looks hella awesome. So comparing the A-91 to a PDW is of some worth after all, as the PP2K is better (technically, not practically) than the A-91.

Mind blown.

I... I...

*cries in a corner*

Zer0Cod3x explained it very well. If you look at the raw numbers right here on Symthic Comparison, you can see how that happened:

A-91 vs PP-2000 | BF4 Weapon Comparison | Symthic

A-91's "23%" RPM advantage only afforded it 1 extra round.

Reload times are wash.

Velocities are wash.

V-Recoil are wash (and this is HBar on PP2k vs. A-91 without).

Hipfire and ADS - Moving are better on the PP2k, but it's a PDW and not the surprising part.

The surprising part is that, as equipped (and we see above that PP2k HBar has almost same V-Recoil as A-91 without HBar so why not?), the PDW performs better at 50 - 100m than a bloody Carbine. Why?

H-Recoil Spread, 0.525 vs. 0.45, advantage PP2k.

SIPS, 42% better on the PP2k.

And here is the most important part. ADS - Not Moving Spread, 0.35 vs. 0.2, 43% improvement.

Without HBar then of course the PP2k loses, which is why when I add all the attachments together for an Overall Ranking, it would slot below the A-91. Run HBar on it, though, then... I'm sorry

@Veritable
@Zer0Cod3x
I... I...
But...
Wha...
I AM HAVING AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS IN SCHOOL BECAUSE OF YOU TWO.

FUCK YOU NERDS AND YOUR FANCY NUMBERS

SEXY RUSSIAN BULLPUPS FTW.

In all seriousness, thank you both so much for giving me the numbers. I still don't want to accept them. You have led the horse to water. I still need to drink.

• "RagingFruitfly" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, June 2nd 2017, 1:53pm

Just noticed you're on Xbox One (: what's your gamertag? And I appreciate the reply. For the most frequented engagement ranges, what would your recommendations be, especially as a console player, since recoil is harder to control (:

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, June 2nd 2017, 6:28pm

For the Medic, I recommend the M1907 Trench, Selbstlader 1916 Marksman/1906 Sniper

M1907 > Auto8 .25 because better damage model and dropoff, also has a Trench variant. Don't use Auto8 .25 unless you desperately need the extra RPM to kill targets up close.

Selbstalder master race. The 1916 is very user friendly while barely being a downgrade of the Mondragon, people often overlook the extremely generous mag capacity, and the Marksman variant has less spread increase per shot than the Mondragon Sniper. The 1906 Sniper trades a significant downgrade in mag capacity for extremely low recoil and higher RPM, and is the best in the low capacity SLR category for longer ranges. It is still quite reliable within the ranges that the Auto8 .35 and RSC best it at too (<47m).

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 12:21am

I don't get why recoil is an issue. The M10 factory and hunter kick like mules but are lights-out CQC weapons for any skill level.
Other east-to-use assault class:
Automatico trench and Hellriegl. That's right, the Hell-gun. Yeah, it's a level 10 unllock, but it is THE most-used SMG, and no one (including me) use it for the difficulty factor. The high ROF + huge mag allow you to strafe till your opponent dies. Yeah, it can overheat, but if it does, you either shouldn't be engaging the target, or maybe not playing at all. Although I use it, I wish they'd nerf it big time.
Low recoil: Ribeye.
Expert- M10 slug.

I agree with Zer0s picks for support, and go on to say the BAR storm may be the best all around in the game. Accurate at longer ranges, fast enough to compete with the SMGs up close. I use the scoped where the enemy tends to blend with the background, like Verdun Heights.
Madsen LW is also good all around. Not quite as fast as the BAR, but enough so you're not helpless in the trenches. The Storm has better control at the expense of the bipod.
The Huot is the expert weapon on the list.

Since I'm pretty much support & assault, that's my level of expertise.

Medic has the most obvious user-friendly weapon: the 07 sweeper. I guess the model 8 would be the experts.

Scout: I hate this class & suck at it, so I have nothing to offer.

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 10:15am

Generally find a use for all guns, here is my choice If I a forced to make one.

Assault:
-12G Backbored (Easy to use Revolver TTK, anti ADAD Automatico)
- Model 10 Slug
- MP18, any variant
- Ribeyrolles 1918 for longer ranges

Support:
-Benet Mercie, any variant (Particularly Seuz, sinai and empire on Rush)
-Huot, both variants. (Huot Optical is amazing at headshots)
-BAR Telescopic, (For Single shots, and FAST TTK long range bipod)
-Chauchat LW, (Fantastic for single shots, clunky but fantastic TTK below 10m)
-Madsen LW, (Good all round performance)

Medic:
- 1906 LW, Turned into my general med-long range map gun
- Auto .35, Use this for anti-automatico
- Cei Rigotti Factory, Reliable all rounder
- Mondragon Optical, for when I need long range 10 rounds
- RSC 1917, unforgiving but damn effective below 50m.

Scout:
- Martini Henry, my general go to for Defending
- Russian 1895 Trench, Easier RSC style gameplay with one shot HS capability
- M1903 Experimental, Yes I like this for flanks and headshots
- G.95 Infantry, Aggresive all rounder
- Lebel 1886 Infantry, I am not sure why I enjoy this, probably just the sights