Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,925)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, September 24th 2017, 10:41pm

Maybe it's a console thing but I just hate hipfiring. And semi autos are ever so slightly more work on console.

It's a matter of habit, really. If you start using it, you will eventually just use it naturally when needed instead of just defaulting to ADS in all engagements.

Not saying it's as useful as on PC, due to differences in hardware, but still a useful technique you should learn because it's really strong.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

• "Veritable" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, September 25th 2017, 4:03am

Is it because ADSing activates some sort of auto-aim on consoles? So console players can hit a key to ADS, check to see if some aiming assist kicks in, and if so then pull the trigger.

On PC on the other hand, often I'm not on target when I ADS, and thus my gun is capable of accurately shooting at... not the target. So then I either have to try and find the target while in the limited FoV + sight clutter of ADSing, or just not ADS at all and just Hipfire.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, September 25th 2017, 4:24am

Is it because ADSing activates some sort of auto-aim on consoles? So console players can hit a key to ADS, check to see if some aiming assist kicks in, and if so then pull the trigger.

On PC on the other hand, often I'm not on target when I ADS, and thus my gun is capable of accurately shooting at... not the target. So then I either have to try and find the target while in the limited FoV + sight clutter of ADSing, or just not ADS at all and just Hipfire.

Could you answer, why the Liu Rifle is rated so low? I just want to know the exact proccess.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Monday, September 25th 2017, 5:02am

Is it because ADSing activates some sort of auto-aim on consoles? So console players can hit a key to ADS, check to see if some aiming assist kicks in, and if so then pull the trigg

Absolutely. AA makes a massive difference, particularly with high recoil weapons. Doesn't fix spread, but absolutely fixes recoil. So optical SLRs, parabellum and their brethren are king. That's why the auto 8 doesn't stand out at much as it does on pc. It's clunkier.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Monday, September 25th 2017, 6:11am

Is it because ADSing activates some sort of auto-aim on consoles? So console players can hit a key to ADS, check to see if some aiming assist kicks in, and if so then pull the trigg

Absolutely. AA makes a massive difference, particularly with high recoil weapons. Doesn't fix spread, but absolutely fixes recoil. So optical SLRs, parabellum and their brethren are king. That's why the auto 8 doesn't stand out at much as it does on pc. It's clunkier.

I don't get that with SLR like the RSC or Liu which have a guaranteed 2-3 kills per reload.

Will you make a new scoring for Tsar dlc like you did with french dlc?

Date of registration

Monday, September 25th 2017, 2:44pm

I don't get that with SLR like the RSC or Liu which have a guaranteed 2-3 kills per reload.

I think my post was a little unclear. I am merely saying (empirically) that AA on consoles really feels like it gives a boost to high recoil weapons, so the low recoil of the auto 8 is less of a bonus than it would normally be. Furthermore, the only real downside to the auto 8 was the larger spread, which is your tradeoff for the excellent TTK. For something like the Mondragon and Liu storms, they have have poor spread AND poor spread recovery, so no reason to visit those over factory or optical variants.

Main point: On a console, your first goal should be minimize spread because the aim assist is going to mitigate your recoil problems. I pretty much exclusively play Optical SLRs for this reason, except the Avtomat, because I can't fire at 400+ RPM on single fire, and the full auto means that the spread climbs and climbs because the weapon is fixed above the optimal fire rate. I think the SIPS and range buffs for SLRs will be HIGHLY beneficial to the Avtomat, RSC, and Cei Rigotti in particular. Given the average engagement distances, the new 55 m 3BTK CR makes the Mondragon fairly obsolete. Note that the CR and the Avtomat share a boosted ADS moving spread that the Mondragon, RSC, and Selbstadler don't have, which is why they always rank very highly on @Veritable 's Moving ADS charts.

Will you make a new scoring for Tsar dlc like you did with french dlc?

I may revisit this if either 1) I write a hitrater or 2) someone wants to share an updated hitrater that takes into account the new recoil decrease scaling mechanics from TSNP. I have been pretty tied up recently, but if there is enough interest from the community, I have some improvements in mind.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Sep 25th 2017, 3:30pm)

Date of registration
: Feb 2nd 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, September 26th 2017, 1:14am

I am confused on what is the best gun anymore. Is it really the 1900 slug, not the auto 8 anymore and is specifically outclassed by the 1906?

Also interimaegis I am interested why you say AA helps with recoil. I am actually interested in your thoughts on auto aim actually. Are you saying that because you can auto rotate shoot let off ads, then ads quickly and continue shooting as opposed to controlling recoil? In my testing before the auto rotate would snap to aim but the box it would snap to would be bigger than the actual target and combined with how it would effect the aim reticle it would actually take longer to down an opponent then vs. auto rotate off given you get on target correctly.

In fact would usually play scout with slowdown off as well as it negatively effects sniping. While only having slowdown on for other weapons.

Seems though that the new changes to auto rotate actually makes it better than before as it doesn't seem to mess with aiming effecting recoil management in a negative way like it was doing before the change

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, September 26th 2017, 2:33am

AA might be the big part of it yeah, if I hipfire in close range I just miss but if I ADS I snap to the target somewhat and get hits.

The slowdown thing I've only noticed at further ranges.

Date of registration

Tuesday, September 26th 2017, 4:11am

Also interimaegis I am interested why you say AA helps with recoil. I am actually interested in your thoughts on auto aim actually. Are you saying that because you can auto rotate shoot let off ads, then ads quickly and continue shooting as opposed to controlling recoil? In my testing before the auto rotate would snap to aim but the box it would snap to would be bigger than the actual target and combined with how it would effect the aim reticle it would actually take longer to down an opponent then vs. auto rotate off given you get on target correctly.

I noticed, for example, during a foggy game of Ballroom Blitz, when I couldn't even see enemies, that I could blindly ADS snap AND KILL an enemy I literally couldn't see with the parabellum at quite a significant distance. The trick is indeed, as you have suggested, to cycle ADSing to repeated trigger the "snap" to the hitbox and then just trust where the barrel is pointing. Obviously this is totally unacceptable from a serious shooter and I'm totally abusing the mechanic, but we all play the same game, I guess. RSC snap is pretty crazy since it only takes two shots. On console, just feather both triggers in a slightly syncopated manner.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, September 26th 2017, 5:21am

Actually, while AA is obviously a factor for many people, there's something more fundamental at play (I don't use AA, and didn't in BF4). A mouse can move both really quickly but also do fine adjustments, and that range of speeds is exactly what a stick really lacks. To compensate for this, it's standard on console to have ADS sensitivity be lower than hipfire (I use 50%), which lets you look around and do big movements in hipfire, but also be far more precise when aiming. The one downside to this is hipfire becomes significantly more difficult, because it's at that much higher sensitivity.

Learning to use hipfire effectively is hard, and takes a lot of practice and patience, but it is doable. I've found BF1's revolvers do an excellent job of training good hipfire abilities; try using the Auto-Revolver as your main for a while, hipfiring as much as you possibly can.

I am confused on what is the best gun anymore. Is it really the 1900 slug

Yes. I'm really not even kidding here, the M1900 Slug is amazing. I knew I was going to find it fun, but I've been shocked by just how effective it is too.

I'm using the Howdah Pistol with it too, for maximum break-action, single-shot barrels. :thumbup:
Who Enjoys, Wins