Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, September 24th 2017, 9:09am

You know after getting all those .35 Marksman kills. I really think the 1906 is a lot more useful.

50 meters is a lot closer than you think it is and I can't tell you how many times the 1906's three shot kill capability would have saved my life.

And honestly if I'm much closer than 50 meters I'd take the Fedorov over the .35. Realistic combat is messy and I'd rather take what's basically an assault rifle over a semi auto with a 5 round capacity and no magazine reload. Even if that semi auto is incredibly good on paper.

Date of registration
: Jul 31st 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, September 24th 2017, 11:33am

It's good but it doesn't feel as good as the 1906. I haven't found anything yet that really does.

Mind you, I don't have the storm version unlocked and that one extra bullet really does make all the difference sometimes but I'd still take the 1906 once you get out to any serious distance.
After getting a service star, the storm version is definitely an improvement. In the end, however, I went back to the 1906; even with the storm's reduced recoil, the G. Liu iron sights are shallow enough that you can often lose a target after your gun recoils up. The 1906, even with its higher recoil, has such a tall front post and deep rear notch that it is less of an issue.

The extra bullet is definitely handy at close range. The gun isn't bad, you can do well with either one. I just didn't find it a compelling enough upgrade from the 1906, as you also mentioned.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Sunday, September 24th 2017, 5:22pm

You know after getting all those .35 Marksman kills. I really think the 1906 is a lot more useful.

50 meters is a lot closer than you think it is and I can't tell you how many times the 1906's three shot kill capability would have saved my life.

And honestly if I'm much closer than 50 meters I'd take the Fedorov over the .35. Realistic combat is messy and I'd rather take what's basically an assault rifle over a semi auto with a 5 round capacity and no magazine reload. Even if that semi auto is incredibly good on paper.

After playing with it a bunch I'm not convinced the Federov is better than the Auto .25 in the wild.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,866)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, September 24th 2017, 6:19pm

After playing with it a bunch I'm not convinced the Federov is better than the Auto .25 in the wild.

Fedorov might be decent once SLR gets the class wide 0.1 SIPS, but right now I'd rather close my eyes and pray my bullets hit their target than actually use that thing past 20m. And 1907 Trench/8.25 probably do those ranges better anyway.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 24th 2017, 6:32pm

Fedorov might be decent once SLR gets the class wide 0.1 SIPS, but right now I'd rather close my eyes and pray my bullets hit their target than actually use that thing past 20m. And 1907 Trench/8.25 probably do those ranges better anyway.

Its pretty useful in messy CQB where you run into multiple enemies and you can just spray the lot of them down if you catch them by surprise. The magdump capability has definitely saved me a few times and there is lots of opportunity to just not get into long distance fights.

Auto .25s main issue is crummy hipfire (compared to trenchies) but it does have great irons. Federov trench does do extremely well at low effort hipfire spraying so I think it slots it well in that sense compared to the Auto .25 and the 1907 trench.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, September 24th 2017, 7:18pm

After getting a service star, the storm version is definitely an improvement.

The huge problem with the Storm is worse spread and spread reset than the 1906, which behaves like an Optical variant. At least the factory has the spread decrease to make it functional. I have the identical problem with the Mondragon Storm. Can't hit the broad side of a barn compared to the Optical at CQB fire rates due to the slower reset. If you are using a 3BK-type SLR, then you are intending to use it at range. Otherwise, use the Cei Rigotti or Auto 8. For those situations, which are always ADS, Optical > Factory > Storm.

I find the recoil difficult to manage on the Fedorov, and I unfortunately can't click fast enough to single fire it ("old" + console. The optimal fire rate with its current spread is roughly 400 for the optical and 360 for the trench. Yuck.

Auto .25s main issue is crummy hipfire (compared to trenchies) but it does have great irons. Federov trench does do extremely well at low effort hipfire spraying so I think it slots it well in that sense compared to the Auto .25 and the 1907 trench.

I think the main issue with the Auto .25 is the spread compared the number of bullets you need to kill at 20+ m. Same problem 1907. If you want to low effort spray hipfire, CR Trench is where you should be. Then you aren't useless otherwise.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 24th 2017, 8:46pm

I would say the Fedorov is better than the .25 simply by virture of having a much bigger magazine and being full auto.

CQC is some messy messy stuff. You're missing shots, you're getting hit, you're flinching, there's smoke and obscured vision, people are ducking in and out of cover.

The margin of error when using the Fedorov is massive compared to the .25 and when you get right down to it I think that's more important than a slightly higher TTK on paper under static conditions.

Very rarely do you just trade shots with a single dude standing straight up in a field within optimal engagement distances.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 24th 2017, 8:53pm

I would say the Fedorov is better than the .25 simply by virture of having a much bigger magazine and being full auto.

CQC is some messy messy stuff. You're missing shots, you're getting hit, you're flinching, there's smoke and obscured vision, people are ducking in and out of cover.

The margin of error when using the Fedorov is massive compared to the .25 and when you get right down to it I think that's more important than a slightly higher TTK on paper under static conditions.

Very rarely do you just trade shots with a single dude standing straight up in a field within optimal engagement distances.

I don't find the auto fire intrinsically that much of benefit because clicking isn't that hard, recoil + spread means you're missing so much of that auto-fire anyway. The selling point for me is the hipfire vs the auto .25.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 24th 2017, 9:01pm

Maybe it's a console thing but I just hate hipfiring. And semi autos are ever so slightly more work on console.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 24th 2017, 9:28pm

Maybe it's a console thing but I just hate hipfiring. And semi autos are ever so slightly more work on console.

Maybe. I've never tried console or controllers. I can definitely tell you hipfire is huge on PC.