Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, May 21st 2017, 7:40am

Kills for unlocks isn't ALL bad though as it can encourage players to try out something they may have otherwise never considered using, case in point:

So, it turns out that I was wrong, I actually had a lot of fun getting the 300 kills with the 1906 factory. It was a bit frustrating to start off when I felt like I couldn't see where I was shooting, but I decided to take it easy and not worry to much about how I was performing or if we were winning or losing. After a few rounds of terrible play I started to get the hang of the gun and found it quite enjoyable, and a very effective tool in the right situation. There's barely any recoil or spread at any relevant range, it's just point and click to kill. The only problem is that some targets are too far away to effectively aim at with iron sights. In the end unlocking the 1906 Sniper was so worth it, the telescopic sight makes taking advantage of the gun's accuray so much easier. I haven't had time to use it that much yet, but it's looking to be my new favorite medic gun!
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Sunday, May 21st 2017, 1:21pm

How does one use mortars and limpets for personal gain? using a limpet almost amounts to a suicide bombing. There's only a few situations where mortars are effective, and using them leaves you utterly helpless. Unless you're using them for other than PTO, but then how're you going to kill anyone? It's not like a scout who can sit 200m off an objective or play an enemy spawn area.

Well, for "farming" kills. That is personal gain, you enhance your own killing potential at the cost of direct teamplay value. Many here argue that the act of killing is a teamwork oriented act, but I can not agree with that assessment, due to human nature. There are people who jump into vehicles to turn the round and start winning but mostly it is a way to boost stats. Oh people like winning, but if you are doing good and have a high K/D that is usually more preferable than having many points or winning the round.
This applies to loadouts as well, although tankmayving is right that the syringe is indeed a boost for points and that is a small incentive. If the AT grenade was a Medic gadget though or the Rifle grenade would easily get more kills, most players would drop the syringe and not the pouch. The syringe has, apart from points, only a teamwork value, and a potentially risky one.

It is similar with the Limpet and the Mortar if you do not have ammo equipped. Your mindset will be to increase your killing potential for personal gain, not because you can then turn the round for your team. This is how you use the limpet, too. I guess you would think twice about risking your life to damage a full health tank, but you are more ready to throw it onto a damaged tank, because the point and kill gain is huge.
With the mortar you are also relative safe in using because it is indirect and ranged, so you use it to get kills our of an advantageous position. Clearing a flag or saving teammates is just a byproduct, and it can not be measured.

Well, yeah, if you're going to play support, resupply is pretty much a given.

The mortar can be abused. I'm branching out more but probably played 90% support till now. I probably abused the mortar early on, till I discovered there just aren't that many places where it's effective. I play Front Lines a lot and there's one or two places where it can be a devastating defensive weapon.

But it's not much good unless the scouts spot. The scouts can't spot much unless support resupplies them with flares. So there's circular player interaction, I guess:-)

It's kinda hard to abuse the limpet, unless you're neglecting team needs try try & get kills to unlock the Huot optical (no thank you!). But that's going to happen in every class as players want to complete assignments to unlock the latest DLC weapons (enough with the Hellriegls & Martinis already!). That by itself encourages non-team play.

I should add that since playing scout a little more in Front Lines lately, the importance of re supply has really hit home. Team succuesss required near-continual spotting, and two flares don't go very far. So when you see your scout, drop him some supplies.

My Mortar tip for the day would be to do your own spotting with a smoke mortar first to see where enemies are before using the proper shells. That said, I do find people are much better at spotting in this game, probably due to scout being quite lethal and the spotting flare being used so widely. Another trick is to duck out of cover and spam the spot buttong before setting up the mortar. I find it is nearly indispensable as a support gadget.

I only really use my close range loadout on argonne and fort veux where I use the frag crossbow instead. Other than that it's just ammo box + whichever mortar will be most useful atm. I don't know what you mean about it not being effective. Considering objectives force players to bunch up in most modes. Not to mention the HE mortar's lethal power against vehicles and buildings. It certainly isn't as broken as it was at launch, even I'll admit it was pretty ridiculous. I think they have its power just right now.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Sunday, May 21st 2017, 7:24pm

Kills for unlocks isn't ALL bad though as it can encourage players to try out something they may have otherwise never considered using, case in point:

Ah, I don't disagree here, I should have clarified that it would still be through kill-based score, the difference is really just that all kill assists, as well as bonuses like headshots or suppression would count as well. It would therefore be 30,000 points, but instead of a hard 300 kills, you could get it a little bit earlier than that by getting a lot of kill assists, headshots, and suppression assists.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Yesterday, 10:46pm

Ah, I don't disagree here, I should have clarified that it would still be through kill-based score, the difference is really just that all kill assists, as well as bonuses like headshots or suppression would count as well. It would therefore be 30,000 points, but instead of a hard 300 kills, you could get it a little bit earlier than that by getting a lot of kill assists, headshots, and suppression assists.

IMO grind-locked content is gaming cancer.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,172)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 18

Yesterday, 10:57pm

@tankmayvin

Unfortunately, a major portion of players these days enjoy that very cancer and play almost solely for it.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Today, 12:37am

Having goals in a game, like things to unlock, is what keeps people motivated to play and is not bad. But it's also not some binary thing where they're either unlocked by default or locked behind a grind of hundreds of kills. Plenty of middle ground exists.

Not only are these assignments grindy and excessive for what they are, they're also incredibly uninspired and boring. Being both long and grindy while also not being fun or interesting is literally the worst combination you can use, and it's very easy to demotivate players this way.

The other major flaw is by forcing use of the same gun for 300 kills, that gun is exactly what people won't want to use once they get it. BF4's Weapon Crate DLC was both free and unlocked by default, but the advantage of BF4's unlock system was that you had to get kills with an individual gun to get its unlocks; this both gave people their weapons right away while also maintaining a goal/thing to do with them once they have them. In BF1, you're stuck getting multiple hundreds of kills with the same gun with different attachments, just to get that alternate attachment version. You've done all the work with something you don't want to be using, and now you both don't want to use the new one and also don't have any reason to use it.

If they want to keep assignments, all DLC weapons (packs or standalone) should be unlocked by default, and the assignments should be about using those new weapons.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(1,795)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Today, 11:02am

There is a difference between grinding and a goal. They have shown that assignments can be fun, inventive and incentivizing. Getting a melee, pistol and defib kill was certainly the most fun assignment, and shooting down five Helis with an RPG was very rewarding.

Yeah they were frustrating at times, but you could always pad the assignments if you wanted to, and they were still less time consuming for the average player as these grinding assignments we have now. 300 kills with a weapon can range from 6h-12h playtime with a kpm of 1.0-0.5. That is quite a time investment with one weapon, just to unlock a an attachment. Now you could argue that in BF4 you would need 300 kills as well for a full set of attachments but there are distinct difference. First of all you had battlepacks to unlock at least some things before hand, then weapons worked fine without any attachments and a full set's effect was marginal. You also gained the scope with ten kills which is the most important piece. And then there is the fact that DICE marketed the variants not as attachments, but as new weapons, so that is what they are perceived as. And spending +6 hours straight doing only one thing is very tiring.

Stuff like shooting five helicoptres with an RPG is also stuff that does not conflict with your general playstyle at all. It did not hinder your own flow of the game. You had the RPG anyway, so you might just as well shoot it at the guy flying by. It just happened. Here you are forced to do 300 kills with the Selbstlader, a gun that you might not like to get a straight upgrade for it. That is indeed a meaningless grind.