Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,237)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 18

Thursday, May 25th 2017, 1:49am

Nah, it was around BF4 even before there was involvement with the devs.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, May 25th 2017, 10:31am

I've been lurking Symthic since BF3, and things have definitely changed since then, which probably has a lot to do with some Symthic members now actively being involved with the development process. Instead of simply digging up numbers and debating among themselves, there's been a shift towards more vitriolic arguments against "Reddit" and the average playerbase being too unintelligent to know what they want, to justify certain game mechanic decisions made for BF1, and that "Symthic's" preference is objectively best.

That is merely because the game is crap. Kidding, it's not that bad ;)

Nah, it's not the playerbase, which should be intelligent, the developer should be. Intelligent developer attracts intelligent audience. The lack of innovation on dev's part clearly shows. Instead of cooler jets - no jets, thank you. Instead of more advanced and improved little birds - no littlebirds. Sorry, wrong era.. come in 4 years. Hope you catch my drift, I am talking about emotions. Initial hype was helped by the old guard and now I see the old guard flocking away to other games, because there is no progress. Youtube is filled with battlegrounds to the top, played mostly by people, who were die-hard bf4/1 fans yesterday. Why is that? Part of the reason, I think - people come to play to get certain emotions, well, most people, I suppose. Emotions in bf1 is nothing new. Yet there are others, which took the concept of large scale battle and did something new with it. New for the big masses, at least. A new and more intense set of emotions. I see it as a good enough indication that EA should also try something new with what they have.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(1,856)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, May 25th 2017, 12:31pm

this is the exact kind of toxic elitism and refusal to accept other perspectives that have become all to common here over the last while. The thoughts and opinions of Symthic members used to mean a lot more outside of this site than they do now.

Don't know which Symthic you've been to, but from what I remember toxic elitism has been a part of this forum since time immemorial.

Not to mention people didn't really appreciate the members. They appreciate the numbers the site provides but the forum and members were never really seen in a positive light.

You make that sound like it was a good feature to have. :D When I joined symthic the tone sure was not overly friendly or polite but it was honest and direct, which is something I can appreciate as a German. There were scraps back then as well, but the overall setting was rather neutral and objective. At the very most, when asking in a new thread for the 100th time what spread was you would get a one-liner reply. And even there key people would refer to the forum rules or calmly answer in a longer manner.

Since then the whole youtube-hate got out of hand, and the internet tough talk emerged. Seriously there is no real difference between reddit or battlelog forums apart from the fact that symthic uses fancier words to tell someone they are bad.

Personally I joined the forum because of Autosynthesis, but used the stats months before. So for me the people were definitely a reason. I am pretty sure that is true for many here.

The lack of moderation is surely a small issue, but also the thinking that because symthic members are part of the dev team that this site is now supposed to be the military wing of DICE.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, May 25th 2017, 2:34pm

The only noticeable difference between Symthic vs. Battle'lol'g Forums and Reddit are fancier words to describe a player's badness. Are you kidding me? So I guess the use of facts and data is irrelevant, right? Because facts and data are just opinions, right?

All in favor of renaming "Symthic: Game Science" to "Symthic: Well, That's Just, Like, Your Opinion, Man", say 'I'.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "JSLICE20" (May 25th 2017, 2:45pm)

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(1,856)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, May 25th 2017, 3:00pm

Yep there is no difference in tone between these three. I specifically talked about the forum, the tone of voice and the social interactions between the users. You need to chill a bit more, nobody insulted anyone here. This is an assessment, feel free to comment on that or share your own interpretation on that matter.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(5,836)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, May 25th 2017, 3:03pm

Aaand looks like thread has been offtrack for couple of pages now, so going to lock it down.
Feel free to create new thread on this "Symthic community" subject tho on off-topic, if you wish to continue discussion.

Regarding few comments about Symthic forums:
- I'd say the attitude towards reddit/battlelog/youtubers has always been hostile-ish, even before BF4. Things just seem hotter now that other communities see "Symthic" as one of the communities that shape the game, at least from what I gather.
- Moderating is indeed lacking. Older users have left and there is only like, three active moderators. I am personally bad at removing posts because I always start pondering too much if this falls into censorship or whatnot (also I still focus more on the site side than the community side :v ).
- I do not see Symthic as "military wing of DICE". However many "devs are bad" posts are being deleted because of pure hostility. Also some people here support the devs because they share similar opinions (I figure they stayed on Symthic because they shared similar opinions).
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included