Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Veritable" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Saturday, May 13th 2017, 8:41pm

The close range optimized weapons are so unambiguously dominant < 15m that any ranking system that doesn't put the .25 ext or chau at the top of the pile is likely flawed. If anything, you should reverse engineer the system to make sure those guns come out top. Any system that doesn't have the 1907 trenchie near the top at < 15 m is also making a mistake.

PTFO rankings using dynamic burst length

Assault
Primary: 12g Auto -> Sjogren -> M97 Trench -> Automatico Factory
Secondary: M1911 -> P08 -> C93

Medic
Primary: Auto-8 .25 -> Auto-8 .35 Factory -> M1907 Trench
Secondary: M1911 -> Auto Revolver -> Taschenpistole

Scout
Experimental -> (use a Secondary; such as the Bodeo) -> 1895 Trench

Support
Primary: BAR Trench -> Madsen LW -> Chauchat LW
Secondary: Bulldog -> M1911 -> P08

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, May 13th 2017, 10:24pm

@Veritable

What made you use this metric, I wonder. Does this roughly apply to your own playstyle or do you think this is a rather common distribution so it applies to a broader playerbase? It does sound sensible to me, and it might come close to my game experience as well. I will definitely keep that in mind, when I will use a weapon from that list.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, May 13th 2017, 10:51pm

What made you use this metric, I wonder. Does this roughly apply to your own playstyle or do you think this is a rather common distribution so it applies to a broader playerbase? It does sound sensible to me, and it might come close to my game experience as well. I will definitely keep that in mind, when I will use a weapon from that list.

I still personally find the greatest use of going all the way up to 100m, 1/3 Hipfire up to 15m | 1/3 ADS Moving up to 60m | and 1/3 ADS Not Moving up to 100m. That jives with how my own Battlefield experience has gone, since I joined this site and started looking at the stats.

In that case....

Assault
Primary: 12g Auto -> MP 18 Experimental -> Automatico Factory
Secondary: M1911 -> Borchard C93 -> 1903 Hammerless

Medic
Primary: 1906 Factory -> Auto-8 -> M1916 Optical
Secondary: Taschenpistole -> M1911 -> Borchard C93

Scout
Primary: Experimental -> Gewehr M.95 Carbine -> SMLE MKIII Carbine
Secondary: Mars -> M1911 -> Bodeo 1889

Support
Primary: Madsen MG Low Weight -> BAR 1918 Trench -> Chauchat Low Weight
Secondary: M1911 -> Bulldog -> Borchard C93

I can't say I have extensive time with all of them, and I can't say I'm a good player, but these results match my experience fairly well. If I'm using something and I run into someone using something ranked higher at that range, I tend to lose. Something lower, I tend to win.

-----

However, I know that some people just want TTK and don't give a rat's ass about Useability. Some others don't pull the trigger until they're on flags, and so don't care at all about how a gun performs at extended range. That's fine, and I can fairly easily generate "custom" leaderboards by discarding certain ranking metricses and / or stances. Hence the Shooting Scores Only and the PTFO rankings.

The data's all there; feel free to download and sort them to your heart's content.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, May 13th 2017, 11:14pm

Ha yeah, I do quite admire the work you do here, although sometimes I can not grasp everything.

Thanks to Miffyli we now have engagement ranges to work with. That is a huge step forward in calcuating a rough estimate of how weapons perform on average. If we could assess our own teletry of moving and shooting better we vould be more definite on an individual level. All I know is that I tend to move too much and that my bursts are likely a tad too long. It is a bit harder to assess my own performance in BF1 when compared to BF4, because of how spread and recoil mechanics intertwine.

I think this is the most controversial topic in this thread, players look at the list, compare it to their personal gameplay and come to other conclusions. Your metrics are not wrong in any case, personal gameplay differences are highly variable.

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Sunday, May 14th 2017, 12:02am

Scout
Primary: Experimental -> Gewehr G.95 Carbine -> SMLE MKIII Carbine
Personally think the 1903 Pedersen shouldn't be anywhere near the top of your rankings. It looks good on paper, but in practice it's literally a C93 Borchardt in carbine form with shitty sights and a comically large magazine. The C93 and other barely-4HK or 5HK pistols excel as finishers: blast them with high damage, finish them off with fast followup shots from the sidearm. Turn that into a primary and it doesn't matter if you have forty rounds on tap: unless DICE adds an Obrez sidearm with the Russian DLC you will lack the burst DPS to get you to that "finisher" stage and you end up back at the deploy screen.

IMO burn it in a barrel fire and go G95 Carbine/SMLE Carbine/1895 Trench (cuz howboutdemcowboiguns).
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "CobaltRose" (May 14th 2017, 12:08am) with the following reason: wording

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, May 14th 2017, 12:18pm

Oops, realised that I screwed something up... such as allowing the Martini-Henry to have a Burst Length of TWO OR MORE, even though it has a Magazine Capacity of ONE.

Also decided to increase the available Burst Lengths to up to 10, because the old setting of up to 6 made Low Weight LMGs universally better than Optical LMGs, due to LW usually having better Hitrates up to 6RB, while Optical only pulls ahead from 7RB and beyond.

Finally, noticed some wrong entries due to sorting moving the referenced cells around, so was giving out some wrong numbers.

I will update the Original Post early next week. Meantime, here are the "bestguns" in each class.

Google Sheets: Scoring Everything in BF1 - Dynamic Burst Length - Google Sheets

Assault
Primary: Overall - 12g Automatic Backbored | PTFO - 12g Automatic Extended | Long Range - Automatico M1918 Factory
Secondary: Overall - 1903 Hammerless | PTFO - Howdah Pistol | Long Range - 1903 Hammerless

Medic
Primary: Overall - Autoloading 8 .35 Factory | PTFO - Autoloading 8 .35 Factory | Long Range - Selbstlader 1906 Factory
Secondary: Taschenpistole M1914

Scout
Primary: Overall - Gewehr M.95 Carbine | PTFO - M1903 Experimental | Long Range - Gewehr M.95 Carbine
Secondary: Overall - Frommer Stop | PTFO - Bodeo 1889 | Long Range - Mars Automatic Pistol

Support
Primary: Overall - BAR 1918 Storm (also bestgun overall) | PTFO - BAR 1918 Trench | Long Range - BAR 1918 Storm
Secondary: Overall - Bulldog | PTFO - Bulldog | Long Range - Steyr M1912

These suggestions look a lot better IMO... but honestly, my opinion doesn't matter. Data in, results out, and these are the results.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, May 14th 2017, 9:05pm

I agree with most of those in practice, it's a pretty good result. Never perfect when you're trying to account for so many things across so many weapons and weapon types, but still a very solid list.
Who has fun, wins.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, May 15th 2017, 10:35am

Definitely as long as you keep your own playstyle in mind. I see the statistical relevance of the 12g, but personally I can not use it for shit, for many different reasons that can not be measured by numbers like the huge barrel blocking my view in ADS, the inability to hit follow-up shots when ADS at the maximum ROF, the muzzle flash etc.

So Veritable's polls are definitely a hint to look at and keep in mind, when you want to maximize your own performance.