Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Zexis_RD" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 6th 2015

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, May 8th 2017, 1:14pm

Landmining Spawn points

Howdy.

With the recent Hellriegel Defensive assignment requiring landmine kills, I've found that players are actually using them on a wider scale for once. Of course, this means some players have invented convenient ways to get their fill. Unfortunately, this 'crafty' behavior has been shown by placing landmines on the direct spawn position of enemy armor - which I see most prominently in Amiens.

Placing two landmines underneath the direct spawn location gives the person who spawns there two outcomes:
- Instant death on moment of throttle
- Realise, and exit the vehicle to detonate the mines yourself. Thereby destroying your spawned vehicles (but hopefully denying any kills)

To put it frankly, this is balls. It leaves the tanker with two equally unfair options, and the only real counter is to have a teammate destroy them before or - if you're swift enough in the mind to realise your situation - call a teammate to detonate them, which requires a sliver of teamwork which gets displayed about as much as a golden turd.

I don't particularly care if people disagree that this is unfair, because it by all means is not how the game is intended to be played out, nor is it in any way enjoyable for the tanker to die this way.

What I am interested in is what could be done to curb this problem.

Or if you do disagree, fuck it, I'm down for an internet-borne argument.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Monday, May 8th 2017, 1:44pm

Howdy.

With the recent Hellriegel Defensive assignment requiring landmine kills, I've found that players are actually using them on a wider scale for once. Of course, this means some players have invented convenient ways to get their fill. Unfortunately, this 'crafty' behavior has been shown by placing landmines on the direct spawn position of enemy armor - which I see most prominently in Amiens.

Placing two landmines underneath the direct spawn location gives the person who spawns there two outcomes:
- Instant death on moment of throttle
- Realise, and exit the vehicle to detonate the mines yourself. Thereby destroying your spawned vehicles (but hopefully denying any kills)

To put it frankly, this is balls. It leaves the tanker with two equally unfair options, and the only real counter is to have a teammate destroy them before or - if you're swift enough in the mind to realise your situation - call a teammate to detonate them, which requires a sliver of teamwork which gets displayed about as much as a golden turd.

I don't particularly care if people disagree that this is unfair, because it by all means is not how the game is intended to be played out, nor is it in any way enjoyable for the tanker to die this way.

What I am interested in is what could be done to curb this problem.

Or if you do disagree, fuck it, I'm down for an internet-borne argument.

This has been a problem since release, it's just that mine usage has gone through the roof with the new unlocks - exposing all of the various issues with them to a greater audience. Amiens has always been problematic with spawn-mining because of the placement of the tank spawns relative to the train tracks.

It's a dumb problem. The solution is simply to remove all forward spawning - gimme flags that come with a vehicle slot should merely add a +1 to the team's armor pool back at the uncap.