Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "botafogo4life" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, November 13th 2017, 5:11pm

The Heavy Demolition version is disgustingly good.

Even if you don't have an internal repair monkey, it has Emregency Repair giving it an instant +30% health.

I'm able to stay inside damage that I should not be in and still fly away alive.

A dedicated repair monkey just makes it even more comical and the only thing that brings us down is a multi-hit projectile or a guy that uses their plane to push us into terrain.

How do you avoid getting peppered by fighters?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 13th 2017, 5:34pm

WEEKEND UPDATE:

1. Been grinding the Operations for the battlepacks... Some fun times, some not-so-fun times... Either way, I'm sick of the Russian countryside...

2. It's bad enough that my controller had an inconsistent run/turn, but now it's starting to stand up when I'm prone and now I'm walking/creeping forward every time I push L2... I've tried all the tricks and none of them work. Luckily it's still under warranty so it's time to call up SCEA and start yelling at them... Guess I'll have to get a new controller so I can play BattleFront II on Friday, but it's gonna be scorched Earth if that one doesn't work either...

3. My last operations round last night was the best round I'd ever had in the game, a whopping 27-3(!) Not bad for playing with a broken controller (To be fair, 21 of those 27 kills came from the mortar, the LOL Artillery Ice Cream truck and the LOL Midnight Train to Georgia... But they all count, so no shame in the game)

4. Anyone want to clue me in on the zero scope glint cheese for the Russian 1895 Snipez? That happened to me more times than I can count this weekend (or is there no glint for the 1895 at one of the lower power scopes like the 5x?)

5. Do mines work on horses or no?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,645)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, November 13th 2017, 6:49pm

Let the fighter pepper you. Lure them into a false sense of security.

Then you let the tail autocannon shred them while you repair.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, November 20th 2017, 11:35am

The Heavy Demolition version is disgustingly good.

Even if you don't have an internal repair monkey, it has Emregency Repair giving it an instant +30% health.

I'm able to stay inside damage that I should not be in and still fly away alive.

A dedicated repair monkey just makes it even more comical and the only thing that brings us down is a multi-hit projectile or a guy that uses their plane to push us into terrain.

In response to this, I decided to give it a proper go and you're absolutely right about its mammoth survivability even while playing solo.

The problem is- high survivability is pretty much all it has going for it. Going back to the standard Bomber felt like flying a Fighter in comparison. In addition, the ability to drop your whole 50KG payload at once, all with the assistance from your spotting camera, is just heavenly.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, December 4th 2017, 6:21pm

UPDATE/WHAT I’VE LEARNED/RANDOM THOUGHTS:

1. Even though my SPM and KPM have plummeted to just-started-the-game levels, thank God for these operations campaigns, especially the Ballroom/Argonne duo… I’ve been grinding out so, so many previously-thought-to-be-impossible assignments while barely breaking a sweat except for…

2. The shooting down of an aircraft with the LMG… On Grappa an attacker was coming straight at me, I pump in a few rounds with a BAR Storm and it went down instantly… On my very next life I’m sniping and there’s nothing to shoot at and at distance I see a plane floating after the pilot bailed out. I decide to use it for target practice and it blows up in one shot (sadly I didn’t have my K-bullets on, because I could have had that assignment done, too)…

3. So now I’m thinking plane shootdowns are easy, right? WRONG…It took me a week to finally get the second early this morning… You want to talk obsession? I'd be raging because every time I was playing a class OTHER than support there’d be a nub pilot flying so slow and low I could’ve whacked him with my shovel. There were countless times that I did nothing on Grappa/Ballroom except fire at aircraft at all distances with different LMGs for the entire round… I even picked up the LMG sentinel thinking that would make a difference (it fires way too slow to be effective)… I had gotten completely frustrated to the point where I quit operations and started Grappa conquest for a change of pace. And not even ten seconds after spawning (in 100% fog, no less) there’s a slow bomber overhead, I let loose and down it goes… Go figure… Two completely random kills back-to-back, but when I’m actually trying for it I’m struggling for a week…

4. I’m also getting my balls shot off in Battlefront II, but the saving grace of Battlefront is that it has never taken itself too seriously so I rage a lot less when I get crushed. I guess I’m sorta glad that there is a serious discussion about loot crates, but I’m trying to understand why we never had this discussion for dozens of other games dating back to PS3…

5. You know all those weapons that I thought sucked? It turns out that I was using them in the wrong manner or on the wrong maps (evidently Fort de Vaux max tickets isn’t always ideal to grind out *every* weapon). Who knew the Benet-Mercie Optical was such a beauty? I went 22-0 with it on Argonne operations…

6. One round on Grappa operations I was sniping and started lagging/skipping so bad that I couldn’t even ADS and while mashing buttons I inadvertently no-scoped a dude I didn’t even know was there at like 150-200m… I gotta learn how to do the video capture/sharing when stuff like that happens…

7. The Goodyear Blimp is STILL a deathtrap on Ballroom and Grappa – Even when you know where the Pom-Pom is, you’re dead in 15 seconds before you can even get it into view… The only thing it’s really good for is diverting enemy attention/firepower…

8. I have but two mild PITA assignments left – AT mine kills, and 5 rocket gun kills in a round. I’ve also discovered I really dislike the Assault class and it is by far my least-played and lowest-scoring class. Nothing really wrong with the class itself; I just HATE firing off my anti-vehicle goodies, then trying to run and track down the nearest support on the other side of the map, distract his attention long enough for him to drop me a box, *AND* wait by that box for the eternity it seems to get my rockets and mines back – By then my teammates have long since moved on to the next checkpoint and I’m left up the creek hoping and praying I can get out before 10-12 enemies converge on my location…

9. Don’t know why more people don’t use the fortress guns… They can be a million laughs in certain situations…

10. What pisses me off, part I: That unspoken agreement that planes don’t attack each other… I give less than a shit, if the enemy attacker(s) is absolutely dominating your teammates with impunity to the tune of 70-10, and you know there isn’t a pom-pom in sight, then you have a duty as a pilot to shoot his ass down… I mean, I don’t ever get that hands-off Peacenik courtesy when I’m flying, so why should the 70-10 guy?

11. What pisses me off, part II: Self-serving players (yes, I know I’m a shameless hypocrite here but at least I’m not misallocating vehicles) -- If your teammates are struggling to capture a point because the enemies have a half-decent tanker, PLEASE get a full-size tank to counteract this. DO NOT get the mini-tank (I still say the mini-tank and artillery truck need to be in the “armored car” class and leave the big-boy tanks to their own class, but nobody listens to me)… AND if there is an enemy or enemies going 70-10 in the attacker without a pom-pom in sight, then you have an ethical duty to pull out the AA mortar truck instead of the other variants…

12. As for that 70-10 guy? I waited through an entire round of Argonne just so the map would rotate back to Grappa and the moment I had the chance I pom-pom’d him a couple of times and then left… Second-greatest feeling I’ve ever had in this game…

13. The most interesting thing I’ve noticed about campaign operations is how poorly players adapt to changing situations… I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen teams just steamroll through the first map, the first half of the second map, only to get stacked up three times and lose the round on the second-to last objective… On the flipside, I’ve also seen teams get completely 100% dominated and pinned back to their respawns and were only able to capture the first set of flags on their LAST attack with less than 50 tickets left press on to what should have been an impossible victory – They capped multiple areas with less than 15 tickets remaining, including couple of areas with ZERO tickets left(!) This is arguably the one game mode where it pays to stick it out to the end because you never know what can happen…

14. Sniping is so much easier here than in BF3 it isn't even funny... Excellent bullet speed, not a lot of dropoff, and a very generous headbox hit zone makes trash players like me feel like a pro... But even I'll say DICE went too far with Battlefront II's headbox hit zone, which is big enough to park a car.

15. Is there anything worse than coming up 200 points short of 30,000 and knowing you've got to play the whole thing over again??

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "botafogo4life" (Dec 5th 2017, 2:16pm)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, December 11th 2017, 2:27pm

Weekend Update:

1. I was joking when I first said these DLC weapon assignments would take me until New Year's, but the reality is it's going to take me damn near that long... Hopefully I'll finish them all this week -- Aside from the AT mine kills, all I have left are just straight weapon kill quotas to complete...

2. I swear to Christ if DICE dumps me with a lot more BS assignments,3 I will *swim* to Stockholm just to punch someone in the face...

3. Final Answer -- The 1903 Springfield Experimental is the worst thing in the game... Whoever thought firing a pistol caliber through a rifle in wartime was a good idea?? I'm just glad I only needed 15 kills with it instead of 300...

4. Is there any reason for codex entries to *NOT* unlock once you've got the required number of kills? I've got at least two of them that are stuck.

5. Is it me, or is the TT update making specializations overpowered must-haves instead of the slightly useful oddities they were before??

5. It didn't take long for the bloom to come off the rose with scraps and crates... I've lost complete interest in both.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,645)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, December 11th 2017, 9:23pm

I do not consider any of the new Specializations to be particularly overpowered. They're all fairly niche.

Pilferer doesn't do anything any of the other kits can do already. It's just slightly more expedient.

Reciprocity can be mimicked by tossing a bandage pouch to a teammate then another for yourself. It's just slightly more expedient.

Perseverance is a really niche stat boost for one of the more underused gadgets in the game.

Ripple was interesting until JackFrags, Westie, and their combined subscribership killed it. Now it's just a bad Trench Periscope.

Cloud Cover is pretty good utility for a dogfight but won't really help when trying to hide from ground troops. Especially if you use a big airplane.

Safe Bail is okay.

Critical Cover is just bad unless you have an Emergency Repair or Track Repair ready to go.

Convoy is just asking to get Bomber'd.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, December 11th 2017, 11:07pm

Critical Cover is just bad unless you have an Emergency Repair or Track Repair ready to go.

Convoy is just asking to get Bomber'd.

But they are also better than nothing. The auto smoke one is quite good - it can never hurt - and it adds an ability to loadouts the do not currently have smoke. I don't recall the radius of convoy off the top of my head, though. If it is small, say < 10m, then yeah absolutely you are right.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 12th 2017, 6:39pm

1. I guess I need to pay much closer attention to what the perks are doing when I play... Because just for an experiment I've been randomizing them across all my loadouts and I swear I can't tell any difference (unlike in BF3 where the differences were unmistakable.) DICE should have kept the BF3 system where we only get to choose ONE perk, but if fully developed every member of the squad benefits... I also wouldn't mind a perk that resupplies equipment+explosives faster or God forbid a perk that lets us start out with more equipment rounds...

2. I was about to freak out when I saw I had to do X number of multikills with the Scout class, but luckily all you have to do is pimp the battleship and start taking out torpedo boats...

3. Just for the hell of it I tried one of those custom servers on Fort De Vaux that had unlimited ammo (i.e., unlimited grenades) and whatever shitfest you were imagining it to be, it was a million times worse.. But still, there is a LOT of untapped potential in some custom server settings and I'll never know why more people don't try them.

4. The infiltrator class is destined to become the new cheese -- FWIW, this is pretty close to what I've been begging for the Recon class to be from day one, and I hate seeing more fun toys hidden behind elite/pilot/tank driver classes...

5. Not quite sure what that light cruiser ship is supposed to be about, the torpedo boats seem to make quick work of it.

6. God, how am I only just now realizing the SMLE is the Lee-Enfield? Don't know why I never made that connection.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "botafogo4life" (Dec 12th 2017, 8:19pm)