Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "botafogo4life" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, October 11th 2017, 4:57pm

Once again Oscar I thank you...

I'm just so happy the 300-kill stuff is over now... I was struggling with the Lewis Gun Suppressive last night and was getting all frustrated until I remembered that hey, I only need *50* kills with it before putting on the shelf, and no matter how bad I'm playing I can get that tonight easily!

So then for the first time I picked up the MG15 for the next assignment and HOLY DAMN WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE? It's like the Hand of God but with better iron sights... Everything I wished for LMGs to be in this game, the MG15 already is...

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, October 11th 2017, 7:42pm

MG15 LW is basically the best gun in the game, to the point where I only just recently realized it's my top weapon by a very large margin. Add in my kills with the Suppressive variant and there isn't even a semblance of a contest anymore.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 4:03am

MG15 LW is basically the best gun in the game, to the point where I only just recently realized it's my top weapon by a very large margin. Add in my kills with the Suppressive variant and there isn't even a semblance of a contest anymore.

Except for like, all of the guns that are dramatically better?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 4:07am

I'm just so happy the 300-kill stuff is over now... I was struggling with the Lewis Gun Suppressive last night and was getting all frustrated until I remembered that hey, I only need *50* kills with it before putting on the shelf, and no matter how bad I'm playing I can get that tonight easily!

So then for the first time I picked up the MG15 for the next assignment and HOLY DAMN WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE? It's like the Hand of God but with better iron sights... Everything I wished for LMGs to be in this game, the MG15 already is...

I have done precisely zero assignments outside of the Federov ones because none of the guns really seem worth the hassle, the federov ones are very easy. Anything that's not easy should be avoided unless it's to unlock a new bestgun or a paytowin weapon.

Federov fills a much needed gap in the game, which is a weapon that works like an SMG for the medic. It's not netly superior to any of the other SLRs, but it does almost everything the short range SLRs do in a very handy package with insane hipfire.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 6:19pm

I have done precisely zero assignments outside of the Federov ones because none of the guns really seem worth the hassle, the federov ones are very easy. Anything that's not easy should be avoided unless it's to unlock a new bestgun or a paytowin weapon.

Federov fills a much needed gap in the game, which is a weapon that works like an SMG for the medic. It's not netly superior to any of the other SLRs, but it does almost everything the short range SLRs do in a very handy package with insane hipfire.

My problem is I have OCD so I want to unlock everything anyway, and anything that kills me that I don't have unlocked I instantly assume is a Model 10-A that shoots little Hellriegels with incendiary ammo instead of slugs :S

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 8th 2017, 8:14am

1. Because of some issues with my hard drive and controller, I had to take a week break from BF1... Might as well have been a year for how rusty and useless I feel out there...

2. Firecuda is flippin' sweet... Give it my highest recommendation

3. Why is it that as a medic, when I try to spot an enemy I'll only spot dead bodies in front of me?

4. Are the new perks good for anything? I unlocked a couple but haven't bothered to try them yet.

5. These assignments continue to be an oppressive slog for me, and I haven't even gotten to the part where I need to shoot down two aircraft with the LMG yet

6. Are saber pieces ever given out? I've been playing since April and still haven't ever gotten one

7. Planes have pissed me off for the last time... I need some advice or tutorial on how to not die instantly in the air, and then how to actually shoot someone down...

8. Is the heavy bomber good for anything besides horrible and comedic death? Just wondering.

9. The best part of my weekend was repairing and stealing the enemy tank on Tsaritsyn.... The worst part of my weekend was when I found out it was a mortar tank(!) Seriously, what kind of madness is that? :huh:

10. The Tankgehwehr has to be the alltime greatest anti-sniper trolling weapon... That little beauty needs to be part of the regular class loadouts

11. Why isn't there a fifth soldier class to match up with the symmetry of five squad slots? It wouldn't be hard to create one taking bits and pieces from other classes... Or better yet, why can't I just have the option to spawn as a pilot/tank driver on infantry maps??

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "botafogo4life" (Nov 8th 2017, 8:27am)

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,925)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, November 8th 2017, 10:01am

1. Because of some issues with my hard drive and controller, I had to take a week break from BF1... Might as well have been a year for how rusty and useless I feel out there...

2. Firecuda is flippin' sweet... Give it my highest recommendation

3. Why is it that as a medic, when I try to spot an enemy I'll only spot dead bodies in front of me?

4. Are the new perks good for anything? I unlocked a couple but haven't bothered to try them yet.

5. These assignments continue to be an oppressive slog for me, and I haven't even gotten to the part where I need to shoot down two aircraft with the LMG yet

6. Are saber pieces ever given out? I've been playing since April and still haven't ever gotten one

7. Planes have pissed me off for the last time... I need some advice or tutorial on how to not die instantly in the air, and then how to actually shoot someone down...

8. Is the heavy bomber good for anything besides horrible and comedic death? Just wondering.

9. The best part of my weekend was repairing and stealing the enemy tank on Tsaritsyn.... The worst part of my weekend was when I found out it was a mortar tank(!) Seriously, what kind of madness is that? :huh:

10. The Tankgehwehr has to be the alltime greatest anti-sniper trolling weapon... That little beauty needs to be part of the regular class loadouts

11. Why isn't there a fifth soldier class to match up with the symmetry of five squad slots? It wouldn't be hard to create one taking bits and pieces from other classes... Or better yet, why can't I just have the option to spawn as a pilot/tank driver on infantry maps??

2. Agreed

3. it's kinda like when giving squad orders contextually (lookking at the obj icon); you don't have to be exactly "on target" to spot dead allies.

4. They're not going to turn your world upside down, but there's some use to them. I'd recommend unlocking Insconspicuous, the one that reduces the time you stay spotted, Juggernaut, Stimulating Syringe, the drop smoke when spotting revivee, both suppression perks for support and proximity alarm for scout (though be wary that if an enemy destroys your tripmine while you have this perk equipped, they'll gain the benefits of it).

5. You can always boost the plane with LMG part. As far as for the rest, you should be able to get some progress done on them playing normally, just not super fast.

6. R N G

7. You should be able to hold out in the air against most pub pilots if you practise for a bit. Like all BF games, get a hang of how to fly around and practise aim. If you get behind someone just shoot until they die. If there's a really good pilot in the air, ambush him with SAA/MAA or just try to play in low traffic areas that are less prone to be targeted by pilots.

8. It's good as a distraction and very high altitude bombing against stationary targets/locations. You need to drop each bomb manually except for the trench darts, so your payload will be more spread apart than with the regular bomber. It has high uptime on the bombs but it doesn't matter as you need a lot of time to line up a target/location properly. It doesn't help that the hitbox bug is still around making the plane less durable than it should be.

9. Mortar Landship isn't the worst pick for Tsaritsyn. Keep in mind that the driver LMG has negative spread and high overheat threshold, so you can post up outside B and mow down infantry. Squad support may look more tempting to use with the 20mm autocannon, but it has less uptime than the LMG so it's better if your team doesn't have B and you need to flush people out of corners and defensive positions, while mortar would be better if you just want to sit back and shoot at people attacking B.

10. No.

11. There's no need for a fifth infantry class. Squads having 5 slots doesn't mean that the ideal squad composition would be 1 of each. It'd be the most "balanced", but you usually wouldn't want a "balanced" squad. A single support can cover the ammo needs of a whole squad, not all at once, of course, but what's most in need is generally gadget ammo, while weapon ammo isn't as much of an issue to supply. Likewise, one scout is enough for a squad of 5 to provide support with flares, sniper/counter-sniper fire and similar. However, Assault and Medic usually have roles with more urgency than Support or Scout. A balanced squad can fight a tank, but Assault carries the most AT arsenal, it both can contribute a lot of AT damage but mean that if they die the squad loses a lot of AT potential. Same with medic in the case of infantry upkeep or close range noobtube spam.

There's also the team-wide need of certain things. Using the example from before, two squads taking the same flag don't need two separate scouts for flares. However, having more medics would mean that in the event that there's some guy that kills 5 out of the 10 people attacking, a single surviving medic can undo those deaths (for the most part).
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 10th 2017, 10:21pm

RE: #9 -- Yeah, you are right, since that tank was right next to the church when me and a squadmate stole it... Then he bailed when he saw it was a mortar tank so I was left alone to drive it. Mortars don't work quite so well when the enemy is swarming from all directions trying to take their tank back... Luckily I kept it alive (barely) until the end of the round...

RE: #10 -- Once I got a feel for it, I really started to wonder why the Martini-Henry didn't perform that way. Take away the armor piercing and that's exactly what the M-H should be... I dunno, I guess I'm never really quite used to fun weapons that are only available in very unique circumstances and then only if you get to them first... And I still don't know why pilots and tank-drivers get their own unique toys when more often than not they're dying with their vehicles...

Now, on to new business:

1. I just got this system in April, but my controller is already dead?? Stutter steps, I can't run consistently and when kneeling/prone my player constantly drifts or jitters even though I'm not moving... I blew the dust out of the controller but that only seems to have been a temporary fix?

2. Once again, why is this game so awful at explaining things? Only last week did I discover that bombers have a first-person bombsight... Before then I'd been guesstimating all this time?

3. Why does the 'new' Battlelog continue to suck? Why even have a Battlelog anymore now that the game announcements are directing players to reddit for discussion? Nothing against Reddit; I just get tired of constantly registering for new boards...

4. For all the complaining I see on BL about Elite Class cheese and Behemoths, why aren't more people trying different variants of the game i.e., hardcore, infantry-only or standard weapons only?? I think there is a lot of unmined potential there, but I never see anyone on those servers...

5. So... That Operations Campaign... Any way I can get put on the team that doesn't suck for a change?? And who in the hell thought requiring a team of randies to capture AND hold three separate objectives at the same time was a good idea?? And why are our arty trucks parked in the back of our spawn five miles away from the action??

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 13th 2017, 12:52am

The only reason to use the super-bomber is if you have squad-mates you know will be supplying repairs: you can repair internally from the "passenger" seat. It goes from comedic death to very hard to shoot down providing you stay out of LOS of tank cannon and don't just orbit into enemy fire.

If you've got repairs you can then snipe every enemy AA position from max altitude, and then proceed to hunt and kill enemy armor, It's very powerful when used for this sort of methodical combat, but it's useless in the hands of typical pub fare.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,645)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, November 13th 2017, 1:23am

The Heavy Demolition version is disgustingly good.

Even if you don't have an internal repair monkey, it has Emregency Repair giving it an instant +30% health.

I'm able to stay inside damage that I should not be in and still fly away alive.

A dedicated repair monkey just makes it even more comical and the only thing that brings us down is a multi-hit projectile or a guy that uses their plane to push us into terrain.

Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.