Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "botafogo4life" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, September 29th 2017, 3:33pm

Other Quick Questions:

1. Has anybody crunched the numbers on grenade damage values? Specifically the mini versus the impact versus the standard?

2. I haven't unlocked any of them yet, but what is so special about the "puzzle" melee weapons? Do they instakill in one swipe like the trench raider club?

3. Hopefully I'll be done with those 300-kill assignments in another couple of weeks and after that I plan to do nothing but vehicles for a month... Is there any consensus on what the preferred loadout is for each vehicle?

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, September 29th 2017, 4:16pm

Other Quick Questions:

1. Has anybody crunched the numbers on grenade damage values? Specifically the mini versus the impact versus the standard?

2. I haven't unlocked any of them yet, but what is so special about the "puzzle" melee weapons? Do they instakill in one swipe like the trench raider club?

3. Hopefully I'll be done with those 300-kill assignments in another couple of weeks and after that I plan to do nothing but vehicles for a month... Is there any consensus on what the preferred loadout is for each vehicle?

1) Not really, but now that you only get 1 mini, never, ever, ever use the mini. Impact does less damage than the regular frag too but it's near instant damage makes it a great panic weapon, sort of like using a BA + switching to pistol.

2) Aesthetics mostly.

3) Only vehicles worth using: Saint Chamond standoff (gas tank viable if you have a repair gunner who wants kills). If you don't have TNSP then howitzer FT or A7V assault. Or arty truck. Or TH landship if you REALLY need to kill tanks.

The Saint Chamond Standoff is just so much better than every other tank for like 95% of the things you encounter in the game that you should just use that and ignore the rest.

I've actually been having a ton of fun with the Putilov armored car, but it's the highest skill cap of all the vehicles because you need to run it sideways or backwards, constantly fiddle with your two driver stations and it's made of paper. The AT loadout on it is absolutely devastating though and is viable firing on the move while driving unless you hit a bump. It does not like bumps.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, September 29th 2017, 11:29pm

Other Quick Questions:

2) Aesthetics mostly.

3) Only vehicles worth using: Saint Chamond standoff (gas tank viable if you have a repair gunner who wants kills). If you don't have TNSP then howitzer FT or A7V assault. Or arty truck. Or TH landship if you REALLY need to kill tanks.

The Saint Chamond Standoff is just so much better than every other tank for like 95% of the things you encounter in the game that you should just use that and ignore the rest.

I've actually been having a ton of fun with the Putilov armored car, but it's the highest skill cap of all the vehicles because you need to run it sideways or backwards, constantly fiddle with your two driver stations and it's made of paper. The AT loadout on it is absolutely devastating though and is viable firing on the move while driving unless you hit a bump. It does not like bumps.

Thanks for this -- Any thoughts on plane loadouts? I'm Premium so I have it all (Can I state again for the record how uninspired and underwhelming Premium membership has been compared to say, BF3?)

Yeah, the truck that can't shoot straight is a million laughs but god help you if you get it stuck in a trench...

So why even hide those rinky-dink melee tools behind battlepack puzzles that take forever to finish if they do standard damage? Aside from the sabre the rest of them don't appeal to me at all.. A knife is a knife and a club is a club and in the middle of battle I could care less what it looks like...

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, October 2nd 2017, 1:20am

Other Quick Questions:

2) Aesthetics mostly.

Thanks for this -- Any thoughts on plane loadouts? I'm Premium so I have it all (Can I state again for the record how uninspired and underwhelming Premium membership has been compared to say, BF3?)

Yeah, the truck that can't shoot straight is a million laughs but god help you if you get it stuck in a trench...

So why even hide those rinky-dink melee tools behind battlepack puzzles that take forever to finish if they do standard damage? Aside from the sabre the rest of them don't appeal to me at all.. A knife is a knife and a club is a club and in the middle of battle I could care less what it looks like...

Only two planes worth using right now are the AT attack plane and standard ground attack airplane. I prefer the autocannon one since it's easier to farm infantry and shoot down planes. AT plane is theoretically best anti everything but it operates like a flying assault gun in terms of aiming.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, October 2nd 2017, 5:33pm

The AT loadout on it is absolutely devastating though and is viable firing on the move while driving unless you hit a bump. It does not like bumps.

If the standard version only does standard A7V-shell damage, I'd imagine the AT version does Heavy Breakthrough Tank damage. But even that is less than what the Arty Truck can do to vehicles.

So what makes this so devastating?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, October 2nd 2017, 8:51pm

The AT loadout on it is absolutely devastating though and is viable firing on the move while driving unless you hit a bump. It does not like bumps.

If the standard version only does standard A7V-shell damage, I'd imagine the AT version does Heavy Breakthrough Tank damage. But even that is less than what the Arty Truck can do to vehicles.

So what makes this so devastating?

The arty truck has decoupled driver/LMG and main gun such that it is time consuming/fiddly to switch from cannon to LMG. Using the LMG generally requires you being nose to the target, which is exactly the opposite you want to be because of the crappy reverse gear speed.

Basically the arty truck is bad at shooting and scooting, which is something it should be good at because it's pretty well made of paper. I would argue its a worse shoot and scoot vehicle than either the SC-SO or the FT-75mm. Both of which have handy MGs, smoke screens and respectively strong guns, with the FT 75mm being the best AT gun in the game if you can score hits with it.

The Putilov fixes all of those problems. If you go ass on target, or flank on target you can make full use of the vehicle's speed for dodging fire all while keeping your weapon tracked. You can switch between cannon and HMG without losing your aimpoint and you can drive continuously without losing your aim point. It also carries organic repair support, backup HMGs, serves as a team spawn point, etc.

With the HMG you simply don't need an AOE cannon, and AFAIK the AT cannon on the putilov has some ridiculously forgiving ballistics.

Basically, it's an actually good artillery truck and IMO it's the best tank platform for those big maps like Sinai and giants shadow where the slow speed of conventional tanks makes you avoid back capping gimmes.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, October 2nd 2017, 10:24pm

Well, I've made some decent progress on those 300-kill assignments... All I have left is about 70 for the Martini-Henri and 95 for the Sebstadler 1906... At least now all those 20-50 kill assignments will seem like a breeze... When I'm done I'm going to re-name the Martini-Henri the "Old 81" for all those times I did 81 damage to an enemy and watched helplessly in death as I prayed for a teammate to finish that enemy off for my kill credit...

Quick question: Do the K-bullets do the same amount of damage no matter which weapon they're fired from, or do they scale with the weapon's base damage?

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,880)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 5:28pm

K bullet is a gadget. Think of the implications of that.

(no, it doesn't change shit)
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, October 10th 2017, 7:08am

Time for an update!

1. For starters, it took me months but I finally finished all my 300-kill assignments this weekend! How long did it take?? The Hellriegel took me 469 minutes, the Huot 643 min, the Seb 1906 723 mins, and the Mart-Hank a soul-killing 900(!) minutes... At least all other kill assignments will now seem like a breeze...

1A: I did find out what I was doing wrong with the Seb 1906 -- I was trying to copy the youtube tutorials where players spam it as fast as possible. It was MUCH more of a deadly weapon when I put a half-second buffer between shots...

2. Suppression needs a buff... Two times in a row on Albion I was in that landing ship and saw a prone sniper behind a nearby hill... Despite firing a bunch of rounds from the heavy MG on his position, I got shot twice through that tiny slit in my MG shield -- That isn't supposed to happen, right? Oh, yeah and that armor shielding on the MG that doesn't allow you to even see anything sucks.

3. I saw you online this weekend Oscar, I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you. I didn't join up because I was playing selfish trying to grind out the Behemoth Medal by jumping from server to server looking for badly balanced teams... Sadly, time ran out on me literally ONE kill short.

3A: All that server jumping this weekend made me bored so I decided to start timing the load times. Did you know it takes anywhere between 1:25 to 1:50 just to start the freaking round (and another 45 secs just to quit)? I can only admire my battlepack skins for so long. What would REALLY be nice is the opportunity to tweak my class/vehicle loadouts...

4. I know I'm not one to talk because I do stupid shit that can hurt my team, but I can count on one hand the number of times a Behemoth has had a semi-competent driver -- Maybe DICE needs to put them on automatic control or something... As badass as the CHAR 2C is, it is NOT intended for someone to park on a flag surrounded by enemies or trying to snipe enemies from the bridge. Whatever happened to the First Commandment of Tanking, which is to always keep moving?

5. Can we find a way to change class names? If you are a Medic without drugs and a syringe, the game should call you "Infantry" with a different logo. And if you are a support without the Ammobox, the game should call you "Machinegunner" or something

6. Aside from artificially inflating the weapon count, what is the point of having each variation be a 'different' weapon? It wouldn't make any sense for vehicles to be done this way, so why does it for weapons?

7. I know I've asked before, but I still don't know why the Early Enlister/Deluxe weapons don't give you codex/assignment credit for their vanilla counterparts... So what good are they if they don't perform any differently but the game doesn't see them as the same weapons??

8. Am I the only one who needs to start the game 3-4 times? When I put the disk in now the first thing I see is globe on a black background with nothing happening...

9. Sometimes I'll go to an empty server to practice flying or screw around, but for some reason they always seem to wipe my loadouts to "new player" status?

10. I haven't unlocked it yet, but I'm guessing the Avtomat is the new cheese? About 40% of all my deaths are coming from it

11. What happened to bonus points/ribbons for Ace Squad? They need to bring that back...

12. I still maintain that the Landship got a stealth buff... There's no other way to explain me hardly ever seeing it to now seeing it everywhere...

13. FIX THE GODDAMNED SPAWN POINTS -- I'll never know why if we own a flag with no resistance on Fort De Vaux, the game wants to spawn me 150m away in the enemy spawn so I can get knifed by snipers...

Now on to the new business assignments

1. Aside from Suez, is there a map where using the mini-tank wouldn't be 100% suicidal? And for the record, the mini-tank *DOES* need to be moved from the tank vehicle class to the armored car/mobile arty class

2. Since I don't do the sniping thing at all, any map suggestions for the easiest way to get those 5 sniper headshots/5 kills behind the sniper shield?

3. Anyone have any success with shooting down aircraft with the LMG? Are some LMGs easier to do this with than others?

4. Most important -- I need plane help fast... I've been trying and trying but I just can't shoot other planes down nor can I prevent getting shot down myself. Dudes in attackers are out-turning me in the fighter even when I'm matching speed...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "botafogo4life" (Oct 10th 2017, 7:45am)

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,880)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, October 11th 2017, 10:06am

Time for an update!
1A: I did find out what I was doing wrong with the Seb 1906 -- I was trying to copy the youtube tutorials where players spam it as fast as possible. It was MUCH more of a deadly weapon when I put a half-second buffer between shots...

2. Suppression needs a buff... Two times in a row on Albion I was in that landing ship and saw a prone sniper behind a nearby hill... Despite firing a bunch of rounds from the heavy MG on his position, I got shot twice through that tiny slit in my MG shield -- That isn't supposed to happen, right? Oh, yeah and that armor shielding on the MG that doesn't allow you to even see anything sucks.

3. I saw you online this weekend Oscar, I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you. I didn't join up because I was playing selfish trying to grind out the Behemoth Medal by jumping from server to server looking for badly balanced teams... Sadly, time ran out on me literally ONE kill short.

3A: All that server jumping this weekend made me bored so I decided to start timing the load times. Did you know it takes anywhere between 1:25 to 1:50 just to start the freaking round (and another 45 secs just to quit)? I can only admire my battlepack skins for so long. What would REALLY be nice is the opportunity to tweak my class/vehicle loadouts...

5. Can we find a way to change class names? If you are a Medic without drugs and a syringe, the game should call you "Infantry" with a different logo. And if you are a support without the Ammobox, the game should call you "Machinegunner" or something

6. Aside from artificially inflating the weapon count, what is the point of having each variation be a 'different' weapon? It wouldn't make any sense for vehicles to be done this way, so why does it for weapons?

8. Am I the only one who needs to start the game 3-4 times? When I put the disk in now the first thing I see is globe on a black background with nothing happening...

9. Sometimes I'll go to an empty server to practice flying or screw around, but for some reason they always seem to wipe my loadouts to "new player" status?

10. I haven't unlocked it yet, but I'm guessing the Avtomat is the new cheese? About 40% of all my deaths are coming from it

B. Since I don't do the sniping thing at all, any map suggestions for the easiest way to get those 5 sniper headshots/5 kills behind the sniper shield?

C. Anyone have any success with shooting down aircraft with the LMG? Are some LMGs easier to do this with than others?

1A: There's no "you must always adopt this form of firing" kinda technique. There's times where it's more beneficial to magdump at max RPM, there's times where you should wait inbetween shots for a determined amount of time.

2. No, suppression in its current state is just fine. It DOES add spread to scout rifles so provided they're supressed enough they won't be able just point and shoot.

3. It's alright, I had some spare time this week and decided to play. Don't feel forced to play with someone if you don't feel like it or whatever. But to be honest, just play the game for what it is and stop the stupid medal grinding or whatever. You mentioned you want to improve, but you're going out your way to do some arbitrary task, which isn't all too beneficial.

3A. Load times are a system issue. The factory PS4 HDDs are fairly slow in terms of loading as they get older. If you change your storage to a better performance one or a SSD you'll have fast loading times.

5. Class names don't really matter. Support or Medic aren't just heal and ammo. Their gadgets encompass the duties they can carry out, not the name of the class.

6. People were too stupid to use good attachment combinations in BF4 so now you get different weapon presets with proper weapon attachments.

8. It's a known issue since the latest patch. I only need to restart once most times, sometimes none.

9. Another common bug or whatever.

10. It's mediocre but brings ease of use to the table. YMMV basically.

B. Ignore the sniper shield assignment. It's retarded. Suez, Fao, Empires are decent sniping maps. Rupture and Soissons work well. Verdun there's some cheese spots around C but not to my liking on conquest. Albion is good, Volga river is decent. Lupkow if you want to camp I guess. Do note that these are just maps in which /I/ feel useful playing a sniper playstyle. You can force yourself to snipe on any map, just don't expect as much success as with assault or medic.

C: MG15 Low Weight/Suppressive. More bullets.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.