Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,880)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, August 22nd 2017, 6:11am

I've put over 600h into the game, past a point is refining the autopilot to perfection. You do play carefully, very much so, but even then you managed to hit top10 score wise which is a big improvement from previous round at #20+. Just don't be afraid to push forward, and if that doesn't work, just take a transport/horse to the furthest point in the map and back cap peacefully.

I see you try to use a whole array of classes and guns without having anything to fall back on if you need to. I highly advise you pick between assault and medic, master 3 guns from the class that allow you to play at different ranges and learn the basics with them, then branch out. Jack of all trades is great, but right now you're a Jack of no trades, since you perform below average on everything as a new player.

Dollar store earphones that have mics in them are enough for voice chat, honestly. Just set up your console to send all the audio through your headphones, that way you don't have to invest in a gaming-dedicated headset and actually have headphones for other stuff. Just my preference though.

St Chamond is superior to the Heavy, which is in turn vastly superior to the Landship. Tank Hunter landship is your last resort if you desperately NEED to kill opposing tanks, while the other two variants are incredibly situational and only useful in specific map+mode combinations. Landship is a great platform in paper, but there's several factors that just make it not worth the effort for the theoretical power it carries.
TL;DR: Chamond>A7V>>>>>>Landship.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

• "botafogo4life" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, August 22nd 2017, 4:08pm

I've put over 600h into the game, past a point is refining the autopilot to perfection. You do play carefully, very much so, but even then you managed to hit top10 score wise which is a big improvement from previous round at #20+. Just don't be afraid to push forward, and if that doesn't work, just take a transport/horse to the furthest point in the map and back cap peacefully.

I see you try to use a whole array of classes and guns without having anything to fall back on if you need to. I highly advise you pick between assault and medic, master 3 guns from the class that allow you to play at different ranges and learn the basics with them, then branch out. Jack of all trades is great, but right now you're a Jack of no trades, since you perform below average on everything as a new player.

Dollar store earphones that have mics in them are enough for voice chat, honestly. Just set up your console to send all the audio through your headphones, that way you don't have to invest in a gaming-dedicated headset and actually have headphones for other stuff. Just my preference though.

St Chamond is superior to the Heavy, which is in turn vastly superior to the Landship. Tank Hunter landship is your last resort if you desperately NEED to kill opposing tanks, while the other two variants are incredibly situational and only useful in specific map+mode combinations. Landship is a great platform in paper, but there's several factors that just make it not worth the effort for the theoretical power it carries.
TL;DR: Chamond>A7V>>>>>>Landship.

Good stuff, thanks! At least I can say I'm light-years beyond where I was when I first started this thread...

1. While I have no intention of playing BF1 like I did BF3 (trying to equalize kills among weapons/vehicles, time played among classes, etc), my first objective is to complete the 300 kills assignments for the four guns first, then the 50-kill assignments, and then if I feel up to it the niche assignments -- And after that, I'll specialize and only use the stuff that's most effective for me. I'm not grinding out a service star for every single weapon like last time -- Maybe 1-2 kills just to say I used the thing and then I'll forget about it for good...

2. Ironically, I did have a set of cheapie dollar-store earphones and I'd get static, people saying they couldn't hear me clearly or at all, etc...

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, August 30th 2017, 8:18pm

UPDATE:

1. I was joking when I said it would take me until Halloween to finish those 300-kill assignments, but it just might be that long after all... For whatever reason I've never gotten out of my Martini-Henry slump... I think once these assignments are done I'll do nothing but work on my tank/plane driving skills for a solid month...

1A. The funny part is I'm probably going to scratch and struggle through this to the bitter end and only then will DICE announce the DLC guns being instantly available for scraps or warbonds.

2. While they're well-crafted and stunning to look at, am I the only one who doesn't really like any of the maps? The only one that's even close to a 'favorite' for me is Fort De Vaux and that's only because it's so useful for grinding out my assignments, and squads are normally guaranteed to stick together...

3. If I kill someone with K-bullets, why don't I also get kill credit for the weapon that fired them (Martini-Henry)?

4. Yeah, about that slug shottie that can one-shot me from 50m -- Do something about this, DICE

5. While I like the wildcard effect fog can have on some maps, I don't fully understand it being able to penetrate indoors?

6. On second thought, these assignments are going to be tougher than I thought... 5 headshots in a round with the Russian sniper? 20 kills in a round with the other weapons? I personally just don't kill that many people in a round unless it's a combination of classes/weapons/equipment/vehicles...

7. As an aside I saw Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline were both $5 on the PSN store so I snapped them up... I figure no matter what's been said about either game, there is certainly five bucks of entertainment value to be had, right? I'm working my way through both campaigns now.... Multiplayer I plan to keep strictly casual, if such a thing is possible...

8. Who knew I'd completely run out of space on my PS4 so fast and have to start deleting stuff? My PS3 has full games, 1000 songs, 200+ photos and even a ripped movie on there before I started running out of space (all I did was delete the movie and I've been good ever since -- In fact I just downloaded a new PS3 game this weekend)

9. The way the Trench Raider clubs people? *ALL* melee kills should be that way... And is it me, or does the Trench Raider run faster than regular players?

10. Just wondering -- Is there any consensus on the best melee weapons? I'll need a consistent weapon once I finish my melee kill assignments

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,880)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, August 30th 2017, 9:08pm

Best melee are knives.
Double hit if you're good enough. Highest takedown angle which nets you bullshit kills in panic situations, and overall best simply because they're fast to hit repeatedly with.
Main utility of melee is breaking windows. Glass windows can be broken by Knives and wooden stuff can be shot out.

So unless you're aiming to get something specific done, like removing the barbwire without explosive use, just default to knives.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, August 30th 2017, 9:19pm

6. On second thought, these assignments are going to be tougher than I thought... 5 headshots in a round with the Russian sniper? 20 kills in a round with the other weapons? I personally just don't kill that many people in a round unless it's a combination of classes/weapons/equipment/vehicles...

Operations would be best for "in a round", Frontlines is also great, and War Pigeons is usually great too (it can end really fast, but usually doesn't). Pigeons is my go-to for working on assignments.

Conquest is my favourite mode, but it's the worst for grinding most things as it's a slower-paced mode.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, September 5th 2017, 2:52pm

Why is this game so bad at explaining stuff? Why did I only find out this weekend that when you're losing on Verdun you get +3 elite classes plus a big honking Trollmaster artillery cannon in spawn? I also discovered going prone will put you out when you're on fire... What else is the game not telling me?

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, September 6th 2017, 7:03pm

Gas prevents healing. So if there is friendly gas nearby, you have to put gas mask if you want to heal.

Suppression prevents healing also.

You get the mortar at start on Verdun, but it has a limited range which make it kinda bad. Also, you have to play defensively to use it. Otherwise on most maps, you get a behemoth once you start losing. (150-200 tickets difference or enemy team has way more flags than your team).
Behemoths are hard to use (team coordination). They are easy to destroy (it doesn't require any team coordination, just deal damage to them)

An airship crashing will kill everyone in its path, even inside a bunker. Char 2C destruction kills everyone nearby (radius is kinda insane).

Elites class carry the game most of the time, they are really powerful. Just watch out for bayonnet charge (you can interrupt a bayonnet charge with a melee attack if opponent has few hp). All elites are immune to gas except sentries, which is lethal to them because of their speed. You can't face melee sentry, they got an armor. All elites die easily from explosions (they got more health though). AT gun one shots them. K bullet does regular damage to tank hunter (bug?), some others weapons also deal normal damage to tank hunter.

Some maps (Empire Edge/Monte Grappa) got turret guns which are OP (their health got buffed recently), it deals 50 damage to a tank, it has few drop off. It one shot kills infantry.

Respawn points are always set in the same spots, so you have to learn them really fast, it gives an huge advantage. If there is a enemy near a flag, you respawn farther away (really helpful to tag another flag) except when it bugs (G on Sinai mostly)

Smokes counter flares and spotting. Except for tank's smoke skill, it only hides them in the inital smoke cloud.

AT rocket/tank shell (except Howitzer) can bounce on tanks. Each tanks got his specific angle for ricochet.

Pay a lot attention to sound. You can easily hear and recognize what kind of tank is coming. Hearing footsteps is really easy on bf1, you can even hear someone going prone.

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Jojo_Bizarre" (Sep 6th 2017, 7:14pm)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, September 11th 2017, 4:24pm

Evidently the new thing is for trolls to fly the Goodyear Blimp far out of bounds, killing all his teammates? Seriously, who gets off on that kind of shit?

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,880)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, September 11th 2017, 4:44pm

Protip: Don't use behemoths.

Not joking.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, September 12th 2017, 4:42pm

Really? I don't know... Seems like a good enough way to score some cheap kills, especially when your whole team has been getting their asses shot off the entire round and are losing by 250+ tickets...

Granted, I'm not one of those "suicide myself to respawn when the blimp/ship/train arrives, but it's good for a change of pace sometimes. Besides, I still have a few more kills to go to unlock the codex for all three...

As an aside, I hope DICE is working on some kind of way to do behemoth vs. behemoth gameplay...