Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "botafogo4life" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, July 19th 2017, 11:08pm

UPDATE/WHAT I'VE LEARNED:

1. Progress has been slow, but I'm slowly getting better by the smallest of increments. And I will say the campaign was surprisingly enjoyable... But that codex where you had to shoot down planes from the top of the airship was a bitch...

2. Is is me, or have map load times seemed to double? I also had more than a couple of freezes last night, and a glitch where after getting revived

3. Why must the UI be so slow, bloated and counter-intuitive?

4. Why must I actually be in a CQ match just to change my vehicle liveries? Or am I missing something? And why do some matches force you to use standard weapons instead of the pre-release DLC special versions?

5. I don't quite understand the vehicle respawn timer -- Sometimes a vehicle like a tank gets destroyed in CQ but never seems to respawn while I'm waiting in the death menu?

6. Now that I've got a few war bonds I've upgraded some weapons so I can finish those special weapon assignments -- Any tips appreciated.

7. Is there any consensus on the optimal controller setup for aircraft?

8. Maybe I'm not using it right, but I'm so glad to ditch the cei rigotti for something, anything else... I lost probably 90% of my 1v1 encounters with it.

9. Do you play around with individual weapon magnifications, especially for iron-sight weapons? Or should I just leave it alone?

10: Any special reason why the Support gets the wrench instead of some other class?

11. You know what really scares me? The fact that I've been playing this long and have never heard another player on mic... Only last night for the first time did I find a half-decent squad where everyone spotted/revived/dropped ammo+meds and the leader actually gave orders and we moved together like a squad... It was glorious!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "botafogo4life" (Jul 20th 2017, 1:30pm)

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,824)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 18

Thursday, July 20th 2017, 2:25am

2- Load times are tied to your system performance.

If your console's HDD has been sluggish you may want to replace it with another HDD or a SSD.

7- Veteran buttons (L2/R2 throttle/brake) and you should be set for aircraft. Remember that you can free look by pressing L3 (while in first person) and reverse look by pressing L3 (while in third person). Touchpad shows full map which is useful to find groups of enemies to attack.

8- C-R is good for close to mid range. It won't beat the CQB guns on head on fights but holds its ground well enough.

9- Yo should look to have some level of consistency between your zoom choices to build muscle memory. Don't put 1x zoom on a SLR and then have another with 2x (irons).

11- join a clan/friends I've disabled voip to dodge the eventual open mic cancer
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, July 20th 2017, 5:35am

7- Veteran buttons (L2/R2 throttle/brake) and you should be set for aircraft. Remember that you can free look by pressing L3 (while in first person) and reverse look by pressing L3 (while in third person). Touchpad shows full map which is useful to find groups of enemies to attack.

8- C-R is good for close to mid range. It won't beat the CQB guns on head on fights but holds its ground well enough.

9- Yo should look to have some level of consistency between your zoom choices to build muscle memory. Don't put 1x zoom on a SLR and then have another with 2x (irons).

7 - Ewwwwwwwww. Stick-as-throttle FTW. Having all my vehicles match 1-for-1 each other and my infantry controls feels fantastic, and on top of this, controlling a plane's throttle with two seperate buttons instead of a stick feels incredibly awkward.

8 - While I do find the Factory sort of lacking, the Optical is amazing. I'm sad I only really started using it a couple weeks ago. I would go so far as to say that the Cei-Rigotti Optical is the best go-to, multi-role SLR in the game, at least for me.

9 - Absolutely yes. Personally, I run 1x for all Ironsights, 2x for all Optical, 3x for Suppressive and SLR Marksman, 4x for Marksman/Telescopic and SLR Sniper, and 5x for Sniper.
Who has fun, wins.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,824)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 18

Thursday, July 20th 2017, 12:06pm

7 - Ewwwwwwwww. Stick-as-throttle FTW. Having all my vehicles match 1-for-1 each other and my infantry controls feels fantastic, and on top of this, controlling a plane's throttle with two seperate buttons instead of a stick feels incredibly awkward.

8 - While I do find the Factory sort of lacking, the Optical is amazing. I'm sad I only really started using it a couple weeks ago. I would go so far as to say that the Cei-Rigotti Optical is the best go-to, multi-role SLR in the game, at least for me.

9 - Absolutely yes. Personally, I run 1x for all Ironsights, 2x for all Optical, 3x for Suppressive and SLR Marksman, 4x for Marksman/Telescopic and SLR Sniper, and 5x for Sniper.

I'm fairly certain transports use Bumpers for speed control by default, right? In any case, having throttle separate of the sticks feels much more comfortable to me. I recommend it because I've had people ask me advice on vehicle control schemes and a few gave feedback on how better they could manage themselves with bumpers than the sticks.

I like all three variants, and use them every now and then when I'm busy not whoring the 8.35/1906. (1500/1100 kills)

(Trench would get more use, but the 1907 Trench exists)
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.