Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,008)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, May 10th 2017, 12:01pm

Spawns are fucked in this game both on squadmates and flags. Because of the new spawn, fly-in animation an enemy player can magically appear from recently killed players. DICE still hasn't found a way to cancel the spawn unlike on flags when they transfer over to enemy control. The game doesn't care about enemy proximity to spawns either. You can spawn on a flag at it'll place you within 5m of an enemy or vice versa. And there are a limited amount of actual spawn locations depending on if the flag is contested or safe. Both completely disregard nearby enemies and it's a bitch.

It's easy to blend in with the environment in BF1, especially in shadowed areas. I've been killed by players lying prone out in the open and it's still hard to detect where they are let alone corner campers or foxhole fuckers. The ground is a neutral color and the soldier's uniforms are neutral, so it isn't hard to simply go prone are rarely be seen unless spotted.

Or it spawns you like 100 meters away from the flag you spawned on, and forces you to cross a whole bunch of exposed terrain to get anywhere useful. The D flag spawn on Scar is the worst. It often puts you out in the middle of the plowed field away from anything where you can just be farmed by tanks in overwatch. I watch that field constantly during a flag burn and easily net 5 free kills or so during the flag cap as enemies try to spawn in and protect the flag.

I think C on Empire is worse, because it can spawn you in the lane of C-D, where you can be shot from behind from the sniper rocks, from upcoming enemies and armor from both sides and from the flag itself. It is great, really goes to show how lovely their map design is.

• "botafogo4life" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, May 10th 2017, 6:07pm

To minimize headaches

.increase mini-map size significantly, try to play with zoom on it so that you have clear picture of what is happening around you.
.stick around team mates more so than in previous titles. It's a team-oriented game, you can get whacked pretty fast when on your own, unless you really know what you are doing.
.unlock automatico.

enjoy. It's a cool little game.

.oh one last thing before cutting you loose - come back in three months and tell us what you really think about bf1 ;)

Map size is 130%, which is as big as I can make it without compromising visibility.

Don't worry, I'll be here full-time on a daily basis... I haven't even gotten into my Battlefront questions yet (I'm so very happy to see there's a forum for that too! I've been away way too long)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, May 10th 2017, 6:10pm

Repairing externally isn't really useful as the driver except for very, very, very rare situations where you can hot swap with a friend to tank through damage in a vehicle fight while the main gun reloads.

I was actually the gunner/passenger... I guess I got too used to the lightning-quick repairs from BF3... Even the tank mission from the campaign had much faster repair, so that's what I was expecting... :S

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, May 29th 2017, 6:23pm

I'm thinking it'll be best to stick with TDM for now...

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, May 30th 2017, 3:54am

I'm thinking it'll be best to stick with TDM for now...
For the first time, Domination is the best mode in this game in my opinion, most of the Dom maps are pretty good too (can't say the same for conquest). Give it a try.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 8:06am

General Observations/Questions:

1. Sorry I've been away... GTAV:O had been keeping me really busy for a bit, but now I'm ready to dive in head first in a mad dash to get up to speed (Note: I bought Premium)

2. Players aren't big on reviving (or even tossing out meds for that matter) in this game compared to BF3, are they? I guess Medic is no longer the easy street to fat scores?

3. Just to streamline my train of thought before I die of indecision, are there any gadgets/equipment I *shouldn't* use, i.e., K-bullets? Anything I *shouldn't* waste war bonds on? Any consensus on grenades? Magnification and recoil options? (why would anyone choose a recoil direction other than straight upwards?) Any benefit to not carrying a bayonet?

4. What about other general options like crosshair color, zoom radius, camera shake, deadzone, sensitivity, etc.?

5. I'm on the campaign mission with that Italian dude up in the alps, and can I just say how much it irks me that in his flashback narration he speaks with this heavy (but accurate) Northern Italian accent while his daughter speaks in 100% pure, modern-day non-regional Americanese?

6. Not that I'm complaining because it was getting over-the-top in previous games, but DICE really mailed in the effort on dogtags this time around....

7. Is there a way to spot when using binoculars?

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "botafogo4life" (Jun 3rd 2017, 8:35am)

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 6:28pm

Quoted from "botafogo4life"

Players aren't big on reviving (or even tossing out meds for that matter) in this game compared to BF3, are they?
Teamwork is at an all time low, it's possible to go several rounds where your team is 1/4 medics without receiving a single revive, in BF3/4 it felt like medics would scramble through anything to revive you in front of 10 enemies and that still wasn't enough revives a the time. Revive numbers in BF1 are tragic. Repairing vehicles for allies is also now essentially pointless.

3. Just to streamline my train of thought before I die of indecision,
are there any gadgets/equipment I *shouldn't* use, i.e., K-bullets?
Anything I *shouldn't* waste war bonds on? Any consensus on grenades?
Magnification and recoil options? (why would anyone choose a recoil
direction other than straight upwards?) Any benefit to not carrying a
bayonet
I personally use gas and incendiary grenades almost exclusively, all grenades are useful but gas is ridiculous, smoke + damage or enemy can't hear you, or see at the sides cause mask and has to hipfire. If you're playing assault you can use AT grenades too, giving you gas and two one hit kill on inf grenades. K bullets are very situational, they're only really useful to stop a tank repairing if someones else is hitting it with rockets at the same time. Spotting Flare is fantastic, it's even better than similar gadgets from previous games as shooting doesn't spot you on the map. Medpacks / syringe is really all you should run as medic, rifle grenades are handy but just don't compete with self healing and revives.
Limpet charge is pretty crap, has one niche in destroying camper filled buildings. It's worthless against tanks as you only get one that does 35 odd damage and there's too much time for infantry to run unless they're totally oblivious to you, frag crossbow will do the same job much better from 20 times the distance. Rocket gun is handy, one hit kill against sentry, decent anti-tank damage, respectable long range anti sniper assault option, but it's just a pale shadow of BF3/4 RPG type weapons. Wrench is a waste of time.

4. What about other general options like crosshair color, zoom radius, camera shake, deadzone, sensitivity, etc.?
You want the minimap bigger than default, I use 150%, a common choice for consoles seems to be 133%. You also want a bigger vehicle zoom radius as threats can come from farther away. I use 100 for infantry and 250 for vehicles. I have different colours for different types of hitmarks etc to help differentiate. I turned camera shake to minimum. Deadzone and sensitvity for consoles I have no idea, someone else who uses acontroller would be better at answering that.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "LucidNonsenze" (Jun 3rd 2017, 7:34pm)

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 4:02am

Some notable settings that may not seem initially obvious or raise questions:

Controls > Advanced > Stick Aiming Acceleration: 0%

Controls > Advanced > Centre Deadzone: As low as you can go before you get stick drift

Controls > Advanced > Trigger Max Input Threshold: 5%

Controls > Advanced > All zoom sensitivity values in this section: 100% (don't mess with them)

Controls > Advanced > Uniform Soldier Aiming: On

Controls > Advanced > Coefficient: 178% (for standard 16:9 screen)

Gameplay > Basic > Minimap Opacity: A low value like 25%, it's drastically easier to actually see what the heck is going on and where things are.

Gameplay > Basic > Minimap Zoom Radius (is actually Diameter): 500 (max) for Planes, 200 for Vehicles/Infantry.

Gameplay > Basic > ADS Icon Opacity: Objective, Friendly, and Gadget to something low like 25%.

Gameplay > Advanced > Camera Shake Scale: 30%

Gameplay > Advanced > Context-Based Order Giving: No

Audio > Sound Preset: Large Speakers (best quality)

Video > Motion Blur: 0%

Video > Weapon DOF: Off

--------

Also, we now have console button mapping, but it's currently bugged. You may be able to set a couple settings, but more than a couple and it will overload the memory allocated to your profile for this and crash the game. You can always test the limit by changing options one by one, backing out of the options to save each one until it crashes. We should see a fix next patch, and I already have some awesome plans for this; I'm happy to share if anyone wants ideas on what to do with it.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, June 20th 2017, 8:40pm

already have some awesome plans for this; I'm happy to share if anyone wants ideas on what to do with it.

Fixed now according to jjju

I did actually, but forgot about it till now. Go on!

signature 2.1

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____

When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. Itís a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

Cool/Useful Links

What Makes the Best Player?
David Sirlin on Intuition
Archive - Wait But Why - I recommend the posts on AI, and Neuralink, in that order. They are long, but very interesting. Just skim parts of them.

Symthic Databrowser
Battlefield 1 DeployTimes

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Wednesday, June 21st 2017, 12:18am

already have some awesome plans for this; I'm happy to share if anyone wants ideas on what to do with it.

Fixed now according to jjju

I did actually, but forgot about it till now. Go on!

I made a new post for visibility, here you go!
Who has fun, wins.