Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(1,856)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, May 10th 2017, 12:01pm

Spawns are fucked in this game both on squadmates and flags. Because of the new spawn, fly-in animation an enemy player can magically appear from recently killed players. DICE still hasn't found a way to cancel the spawn unlike on flags when they transfer over to enemy control. The game doesn't care about enemy proximity to spawns either. You can spawn on a flag at it'll place you within 5m of an enemy or vice versa. And there are a limited amount of actual spawn locations depending on if the flag is contested or safe. Both completely disregard nearby enemies and it's a bitch.

It's easy to blend in with the environment in BF1, especially in shadowed areas. I've been killed by players lying prone out in the open and it's still hard to detect where they are let alone corner campers or foxhole fuckers. The ground is a neutral color and the soldier's uniforms are neutral, so it isn't hard to simply go prone are rarely be seen unless spotted.

Or it spawns you like 100 meters away from the flag you spawned on, and forces you to cross a whole bunch of exposed terrain to get anywhere useful. The D flag spawn on Scar is the worst. It often puts you out in the middle of the plowed field away from anything where you can just be farmed by tanks in overwatch. I watch that field constantly during a flag burn and easily net 5 free kills or so during the flag cap as enemies try to spawn in and protect the flag.

I think C on Empire is worse, because it can spawn you in the lane of C-D, where you can be shot from behind from the sniper rocks, from upcoming enemies and armor from both sides and from the flag itself. It is great, really goes to show how lovely their map design is.

• "botafogo4life" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, May 10th 2017, 6:07pm

To minimize headaches

.increase mini-map size significantly, try to play with zoom on it so that you have clear picture of what is happening around you.
.stick around team mates more so than in previous titles. It's a team-oriented game, you can get whacked pretty fast when on your own, unless you really know what you are doing.
.unlock automatico.

enjoy. It's a cool little game.

.oh one last thing before cutting you loose - come back in three months and tell us what you really think about bf1 ;)

Map size is 130%, which is as big as I can make it without compromising visibility.

Don't worry, I'll be here full-time on a daily basis... I haven't even gotten into my Battlefront questions yet (I'm so very happy to see there's a forum for that too! I've been away way too long)

• "botafogo4life" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, May 10th 2017, 6:10pm

Repairing externally isn't really useful as the driver except for very, very, very rare situations where you can hot swap with a friend to tank through damage in a vehicle fight while the main gun reloads.

I was actually the gunner/passenger... I guess I got too used to the lightning-quick repairs from BF3... Even the tank mission from the campaign had much faster repair, so that's what I was expecting... :S