Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 1:04am

5. Final answer for the problem I?ll never stop complaining about ? The Renault FT should be re-classified as an armored vehicle instead of taking up a much more valuable tank spot. I?ve still never seen the first reason why a half-decent team evenly matched would choose this over one of the real tanks. The FT is literally the most selfish vehicle you can deploy aside from the Mobile Artillery, and it?s a thousand times less useful?

Having recently got my 100th service star with it, I can assure you it's viable on Operations at least (I'm not sure how it plays out on Conquest though). Not only is it viable, but all 3 variants are. The Close Support for when you're attacking, the Howitzer for defending and the Flanker for either. The only other tank I find to be viable is the Standoff SC.

7. For players like me who love the Big Ammo 100+ round LMGs, is there any point in using anything other than the M1917 MG Telescopic?

I also love the high-capacities LMGs, but the only LMG that can keep up with the SLRs after the update is the Chauchat Low Weight. You can tap-fire it at min spread at 290+ RPM.

The FT isn't very good in Conq because of the combination of long sight lines and constantly changing flanks. It's simply too squishy for the revolving turret to make up for the firepower, armor, and spotting capabilities of the SC-SO, which is the current Meta tank. FT just really can't survive getting shot at and in conq you will get shot at from all over the place.

IMO the only valuable FT is the howitzer variant, which at least has smoke and quick repair so you have a chance. It's amazing 1v1 versus other tanks as long as you don't get caught in the open. So just lacks the flexibility of the other tanks that can duke it out much more freely.

• "botafogo4life" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, February 12th 2018, 2:34pm

So that's my problem then, since conquest is the only place I've ever tried to use it...

In other news, I finally unlocked the C-class airship codex so now I never ever EVER have to set foot in it again... Goddamn thing is a death trap -- Might as well have a neon sign that says "Hey Pilots! Come collect your instant easy 4x kill!" Now that I'm on the other side I look forward to padding my airplane totals for a change...

With nothing else to really accomplish in the infantry side it's going to be tanks, planes and horses from now until the new DLC weapon assignments drop, which knowing my luck will probably be Wednesday

And who's grand idea was it to make AA turrets ultra-slow?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 13th 2018, 11:05pm

Support is the least popular class??

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/963532683706908672

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 15th 2018, 12:01am

I wonder how they get 25 million players when the concurrent player count has never exceeded 1 million, and the average player count has been more like 200K

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 21st 2018, 3:23pm

I wonder how they get 25 million players when the concurrent player count has never exceeded 1 million, and the average player count has been more like 200K

I want to know who's getting all these Kolibri kills... Folks are some boostin' motherfuckers!

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 21st 2018, 7:47pm

I want to know who's getting all these Kolibri kills... Folks are some boostin' motherfuckers!

Planting explosives and then shooting them with the kolibri, mostly.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 21st 2018, 11:53pm

Endgame Update/What I've learned:

1. Damn, we hardly got warmed up on Zeebrugge and Helgioland Blight and the new content drops already?? What's the rush? I mean hell, I only started really playing last June and it's all over already?? Nevermind the fact that 85% of my total playing time has strictly been in the service of weapon and perk unlocks so I've barely had the chance to even get loose and come into my own as a player... At least I got in on the ground floor for SW Battlefront 2 (unlike Battlefront 1 which was already nearly dead when I got it) so when DICE yanks the rug out from under I'll have gotten my money's worth out of it, mark my words...

2. I'd said coming in that BF1 was probably going to be my last Battlefield, and I'm sticking to that unless BF 2018 turns out to be the greatest thing ever... Please Jesus God don't let it be another cliche-as-hell WWII derivative...

2A. No matter which direction they go in, there's no reason other than penny-pinching to not bring back the fully integrated BF3/BF4 Battlelog features like post-match reports and copying other player loadouts...

3. I see there's a bunch of new, laughably outrageous challenges that many players (myself included) won't finish in their natural lives, but this time I'm 100% cool with it, since these assignments are only for cosmetic unlocks and I don't even really care about the dogtags (I realize they had to be period-accurate, but the smaller round dogtags were a huge step back in creativity). The new guns of course are behind old-school simplified assignments which will take a night or two at the most to finish, as God intended... See? Was that so hard, DICE?

4. Someone at DICE must be reading my posts because I see my "Destroy a Behemoth with the Kolibri" suggestion has been implemented... Good luck to anybody chasing that one!

5. Look, I've bent over backwards defending DICE over the years, even when they didn't deserve it. I get the massive amounts of labor, stress and mental anguish that goes into creating a good, balanced, fun game from the bottom up; and what it must feel like to put your soul into something only to have so no-lifer geeks snipe you on twitter or tell you to your face that you don't know how to code, etc... Hell, I will fight to the death to defend the honor of SW Battlefront 2, which is sublime... **BUT HAVING SAID THAT,** the Apocalypse rollout for me last night was the single worst rushed, half-assed glitchy rollout I've ever seen those guys pull -- Frames skipping, lag out the yin-yang, nonexistent hit detection, etc. (Disclaimer: I wasn't around for Battlefield 4's early days, which I'm told were even worse). It was so bad that I was not able to kill an enemy 15m away with the HMG from the armored car... While aiming from the neck upwards... To a standing enemy who was totally unaware of my presence (he thought the car was abandoned) I had to ragequit after that, hopefully tonight goes a bit better? :S

EDIT: Tried playing again last night, and it was even worse... The game is pretty much unplayable at the moment. It has to be said this is pretty negligent on DICE's part..

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "botafogo4life" (Feb 22nd 2018, 3:12pm)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, March 12th 2018, 1:57pm

UPDATE:

1. I see the next Battlefield is of course going to be another cliche-as-hell WWII derivative, which probably mean hard pass for me unless they do something spectacular with it... Even if I take the plunge there's no way I'm doing Premium again, and I would probably make my gameplay 100% vehicles-only. I'm getting too old for this constant daily infantry grind BS...

2. A huge thanks to whoever suggested I use the FT tank on Operations only, because it absolutely rapes face... On Amiens I went on a 16-kill streak before the round ended and it could have been more had I been a little less cautious... It did feel good finally getting my first tank service star...

3. I do hope the whole vehicle spawn/respawn format gets a serious examination before the next BF title, along with assignments that suck all the fun out of the game...

4. I guess I've been married to my M1911 too long... Why has nobody told me that using revolvers in this game is a million laughs?

5. So is there any consensus on what the best 3-4 weapons in each class are now? Because aside from unlocking obscure codex entries, there's no real reason for me to use anything other than the best from here on out.

6. Air assault has been mostly fun but there should be a tweaking of the out-of-bounds limits -- Too many folks are exploiting them

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "botafogo4life" (Mar 12th 2018, 3:06pm)

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, March 13th 2018, 2:19am

5. So is there any consensus on what the best 3-4 weapons in each class are now? Because aside from unlocking obscure codex entries, there's no real reason for me to use anything other than the best from here on out.

I don't think you'll ever find a consensus, but I'll at least offer you my opinion.

Whilst the nerfs to LMGs for TTK 2.0 did initially make me throw my toys out of the pram, I did eventually adjust to their lengthier ADS times and now I actually can't get enough of their monstrous power. The other classes just don't provide me with that same thrill (and SMGs are nowhere near as versatile).

So more specifically, I'd suggest the Chauchat, LMG 08/18 and, strictly for CQC, the Parabellum; Support really did benefit from the DLCs immeasurably.

I'm sure plenty of others here will point out the Huot and how its terrific accuracy makes up for its MANY weaknesses, but just remember:

"Power is power" - Cersei Lannister.

But in all seriousness, I imagine it's just that Huot sympathisers rarely dip into the chaos of Operations.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, March 13th 2018, 4:23am

[/size]But in all seriousness, I imagine it's just that Huot sympathisers rarely dip into the chaos of Operations.

I'd actually trust the Huot in Ops, but I agree with the sentiment; it's the skill-cannons like the low capacity SLRs that have no real role in hectic combat, though at the same time their advantage is also wasted against unaware enemies (and similar), so their role in general is... rather questionable.
Who Enjoys, Wins