Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, December 19th 2017, 5:27am

Arty Trucks are the best targets. Sneak up on them and place mines under their rear bumper; they don't even have to move, simply firing their cannon will cause the truck to rock back enough that the movement sets them off.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, December 19th 2017, 10:33pm

Am I allowed to add a little question, since I am back to Battlefield after almost a year and a half and I have no idea what's going on and need to unlock everything.

1. Can anyone recommend me any unlock order, what to look for first or so...

2. So far I want to play Operations and ALSO enjoy the intro videos, is there any possibility to set the intro to normal speed again, so I can watch it without any rush? I cant even read the subtitles fast enough

Oh and I would like to hear the best gadget combo for each class plz.
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration
: Nov 24th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, December 20th 2017, 9:35am

Am I allowed to add a little question, since I am back to Battlefield after almost a year and a half and I have no idea what's going on and need to unlock everything.

The starting weapons are all pretty decent. SMLE Marskman is one of the best weapons for the scout. MP18 Trench and Cei-Rigotti Factory for the assault and medic class respectively are good weapons as well, though arguably not the best in class.

As for what I'd unlock first: For the Support class I'd unlock the Madsen Low Weight and the Bull Dog revolver, both of which you can unlock at class rank 0 if you have some warbonds. For the medic class, you can immediately unlock the Auto revolver with warbonds at class rank 0 as well, which is one of the best sidearms in the game. For the Scout, I'd unlock the Frommer Stop sidearm - again a rank 0 unlock - which paired with the SMLE Marskman gives you a very strong loadout for the scout (use a spot flair as gadget).

From there on out, the Autoloading .35 Factory is a rank 1 medic unlock - which MarbleDuck will tell you is the best gun in the game. The Automatico Factory and Trench are a rank 0 and rank 1 assault unlock - which is like the AEK of BF1.

Note - don't know if you have premium, so I only included vanilla weapons. Many of the DLC weapons require you to get kills with other weapons anyway.

• "botafogo4life" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, December 20th 2017, 3:58pm

1. If you find something that you're comfortable with and works for you, just stick with that until you get bored of it, regardless of stats... Don't fall into my OCD trap of needing to unlock *everything* in the game, including all the Codex entries... Sucks all the fun out.

2. I'm a traditionalist, so my medic class ALWAYS has med crate+needle (If I'm pissed off I'll swap meds for the nade launcher)...

And as a traditionalist, my support ALWAYS has the ammo crate plus wrench for vehicle duty/Mortar for wide-open maps/limpet (so very underrated) for urban or CQB maps

Recon always has the spotting flare with the tripmine -- (Spotting flare is the single most OP equipment in the game and it is criminally underused). I don't mess around with K-bullets unless pilots start pissing me off... Since this is kind of a vulnerable class at engagements <60m thanks to the dreaded 'sweet spot', I like having smoke nades for evasion and maybe the bayonet for opportune moments... But no matter what you use, this is the one class where you have to be damned comfortable using your sidearm as a primary if the situation calls for it...

Assault is a completely situation-dependent class for me, so I have no hard preset loadouts... I will say that the dynamite is easily the most versatile piece of equipment, and because all of the Assault weapons have excellent hipfire, this is the one class where there's really no reason not to have the bayonet on at all times...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "botafogo4life" (Dec 20th 2017, 4:04pm)

• "botafogo4life" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, January 11th 2018, 6:33pm

POST HOLIDAY UPDATE:

1. Productive winter break, I only have three(!) DLC guns left to unlock – The Ribeyrolls, the Avtomat Trench, and the Type 38 infantry… Thank god empty boats counted for the rocket gun challenge, and I learned what I was doing wrong with my tank mine kills – Now I know to drop mines next to the tank and chuck a nade instead of waiting for the tank to drive over them…
2. Someone killed me with a Naval Cutlass like three days after release… No way in did he not boost the hell out of that requirement.
3. What’s the point of doing the Brusilov Offensive in another Operation Campaign? Wasn’t there anything better to choose from?
4. I was checking my stats after a conquest round on Fort De Voux, and I somehow got credit for a vehicle kill? How could that be?
5. Y’all aren’t gonna believe this, but I swear it happened – On Albion I was minding my own business without an enemy in sight when the knife takedown animation started… I get turned around and see it was started by a teammate(!) and it was HIM that died after the animation, not me?? How is that possible? FWIW, I was playing on a custom server but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t a FF server…
6. I’ll say it once again for the cheap seats: The Infiltrator is CHEESE
7. Why can’t I ever unlock the “Bringing Down the Giants” codex entry when all I ever do is target behemoth engines?
8. The Benet-Mercie is by far the most popular weapon, if my stolen dogtags have anything to say about it… I’ve lifted 18 Benet-Mercie gold tags, and the next highest is the Mondragon at 4…