Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, May 5th 2017, 10:53pm

No, but a "poor man's MP18 Trench with slightly better medium-range damage" is. The MP18 outclasses it in most intended engagement ranges (up to around 30m)
The crossover is around 22 metres really, not 30, which is fair. The Madsen trench is decently effective at all ranges up to about 50m but excels in none, that is why it is a good all rounder.

The Madsen LW and Storm are a total pain to use because the huge magazine makes it very hard to track strafing opponents close up. MG's with irons also have I think either 200 or 220 ms zoom times which makes trench even more attractive.

MG15 is quite fun, but not good, Chauchat is also fun but a bit quirky with fantastic ADS damage output under 12M, meh hipfire and a touch of inconsistancy at range.

BM, Lewis, Huot all lack the hipfire and ROF to be quite competitive up close but work well at mid-long distance .

Final all round MG candidate is BAR, between Storm and Trench that extra hipfire wins every time for me on a CQC weapon, especially with LMG's longer time to ADS. BAR Trench is great up close but quickly loses accuracy.

By my logic the BAR Telescopic should be horrible up close unless you almost always know when your opponent is coming. The added 50 ROF does not come even close to making up for 300MS ADS time and poor hipfire in a 1v1 scenario.

Basically BAR Telescopic requires very good situational knowledge and positioning to work at all ranges, this disqualifies it from 'best all round MG' except in the hands of a very good player.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "LucidNonsenze" (May 5th 2017, 10:59pm)

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, May 5th 2017, 11:20pm

Quoted from "Shalan"

Well, what is good about BF1 is that there is no "best weapon overall" for each class, there are a lot of good weapons that are good for different situations and playstyles. Except Beretta M1918 Trench for Assault - It's an ultimate choice for most assault engaments and the only real way to fix it is to remove trench variant at all(e.g. replace it with optical or experimental), because 900 rpm with good hipfire is just too good.
About hipfire on all LMGs - I can't agree that using any variant of non-trench LMG is a bad idea for hipfiring: since LMGs have not only negative ADS spread increase, but negative hipfire spread increase too - they are pretty strong in that role, BAR would regain 1.5 base hipspread after 5 shots and Chauchat LW after 4 shots. Of course Madsen Trench is my favourite LMG for "gas bunker cleaning", but I hipfire a lot on BAR Storm and Chauchat LW and have no problems outshooting people under 15m, except The Mighty M1918 Trench.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Saturday, May 6th 2017, 12:04am

I was also repulsed by the idea of a zoomed optic on my LMG at release. I initially felt completely handicapped in close quarters with that big, obtrusive lump attached to it.

It took me quite a while before I decided to persevere with them. But now, I feel utterly lost without them (with the exception of the Chauchat LW as it's essentially designed around its close-range punch). The visual feedback you get makes all the difference and it's totally worth the slight close-quarters inconvenience. They also largely optimise the bipod they're always paired with too.

Apart from the BAR Telescopic, I find the MG15 Suppressive has its magical moments too. I'm aware that it's a straight downgrade to the Low Weight variant for the first 100 bullets (and the Storm variant off the bipod), but I seem to be so much more confident and accurate thanks to the optic while I'm both on and off the bipod.

Of course, the Chauchat LW would be the go-to if there was a need for close-quarters. That thing hits like a truck.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Shalan" (May 6th 2017, 12:14am)

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, May 6th 2017, 2:05am

If I could put a scope on the Madsen LW and MG 15 LW, I'd never use anything else.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: May 6th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Saturday, May 6th 2017, 2:49am

will vote for BAR Trench.

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2015

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, May 6th 2017, 3:28am

Overall best support gun changes depending on your playstyle, and for me, it's dependent on where you're fighting on the map itself.
Here's what I go with normally:
Close quarters with short sight lines (<15m) - Trench or Chauchat LW (If using gas grenades Trench Madsen usually)
For strictly longer ranges (35m+) - Benet-Mercie Telescopic or Lewis Gun Suppressive - These actually can decently take on snipers around 100m
When constantly moving between Close and mid ranges, I'll switch out between BAR Telescopic, Huot, MG15 LW, and Chauchat Telescopic.

In reality though, it comes down to what you're comfortable with, and what works for you. Unfortunately there isn't a test range to test out weapons and get a good feel of how they operate.
I love the math behind the statistics
It's possible to find me online at almost any given time, due to the fact that my schedule is hectic and rather non-existent.

Who needs sleep anyways?
(PC/PS4 gamer)

Various bf4 spreadsheets: (nothing special, just raw data from the Symthic website put into a spreadsheet to analyze all values at once)

Spoiler Spoiler

General Weapon spreadsheet:
BF4_Weapons_enhanced_UPDATED_2016
Soldier Equipment:
BF4_Gadget_Damage
Interactive Damage Table
bf4_dmg_at_range - Google Sheets
Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
bf4_sniper_guide
Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
Suppressed bf4_sniper_guide
More user friendly Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Sniper rifle Bullet Drop Chart
More user friendly Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Battlelog:

Sunday, May 7th 2017, 8:00pm

We'd need veritable to crunch the numbers but for support class raw TTK, the Madsen has the second highest at 50m and it overtakes the MP18 at 12.

The MP18 trench has far better hip spread and very slightly higher ROF. But, the Madsen has the negative FSSM and SIPS, so face-offs under 15m sound like a toss up and the Madsen gains with every meter past that. If

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any stats, but I don't see a poor mans anything.

I've used the trench LMGs enough to know they're not for me.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "OldBFAddict" (May 7th 2017, 9:06pm)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, May 7th 2017, 8:56pm

If I could put a scope on the Madsen LW and MG 15 LW, I'd never use anything else.

I'd love an optical sight on either of those.

If limited to a single LMG, it'd be one of those two.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, May 7th 2017, 9:48pm

We'd need veritable to crunch the numbers but for support class raw TTK, the Madsen has the second highest at 50m and it overtakes the MP18 at 12.

The MP18 trench has far better hip spread and very slightly higher ROF. But, the Madsen has the negative FSSM and SIPS, so face-offs under 15m sound like a toss up and the Madsen gains with every meter past that. If

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any stats, but I don't see a poor mans anything.

Well he said Huot best gun. and also all class best pistol P08 apparently.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, May 8th 2017, 5:16pm

Well he said Huot best gun. and also all class best pistol P08 apparently.

Right, but I'm specifically referring to actual vs raw TTK for the Madsen Trench at 50 meters. I'm just going by the chart which assumes all body hits without factoring in accuracy & effects of recoil. True TTK should be average shots to kill and probably include deployment time.