Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, May 5th 2017, 6:32pm

BAR Trench is the absolute best up close, Madsen Trench is the most versatile, best all rounder and Huot is best at range.

Ah yes, I love how you can snipe people with the Madsen Trench.

If you're sniping with an LMG, you're playing the wrong class.

I like all the Madsen and BAR variants, but being a guy who can't stop ADS, the hip fire accuracy is lost on me. The trench versions will still do just about everything the storm/LWs will, plus excellent hip fire accuracy.

The Chauchat needs a trench variant.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, May 5th 2017, 7:29pm

BAR Trench is the absolute best up close, Madsen Trench is the most versatile, best all rounder and Huot is best at range.

I like all the Madsen and BAR variants, but being a guy who can't stop ADS, the hip fire accuracy is lost on me. The trench versions will still do just about everything the storm/LWs will, plus excellent hip fire accuracy.

If I'm using an LMG with a bipod (and preferably an optic) then I'm doing it wrong? Instead I should be running about hip firing with a weapon that's out DPS'd by every Assault weapon, two other LMGs and all Medic weapons but the Mondragon and Selbstlader M1916 in close quarters?

(I know you're not an advocate of hip firing yourself, but that was the point I was making at the time.)

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, May 5th 2017, 8:50pm

If I'm using an LMG with a bipod (and preferably an optic) then I'm doing it wrong? Instead I should be running about hip firing with a weapon that's out DPS'd by every Assault weapon, two other LMGs and all Medic weapons but the Mondragon and Selbstlader M1916 in close quarters?

(I know you're not an advocate of hip firing yourself, but that was the point I was making at the time.)
So by your logic the MP18 Trench is useless eh... MP18 gud.

ROF on the Madsen is only 10 slower than the MP18, 60 slower than the BAR...

Hipfiring is a massive advantage in CQC, you can strafe much faster side to side, and start accurately hitting you're opponent before they have even ADS'ed with trench variants.
They now have to ADS and aim at your erratic strafing whilst being peppered with rounds. No ROF can compensate.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, May 5th 2017, 9:13pm

ROF on the Madsen is only 10 slower than the MP18, 60 slower than the BAR...

Hipfiring is a massive advantage in CQC, you can strafe much faster side to side, and start accurately hitting you're opponent before they have even ADS'ed with trench variants.
They now have to ADS and aim at your erratic strafing whilst being peppered with rounds. No ROF can compensate.

Don't forget you can micro burst the MP18 Trench from the HIP.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 5th 2017, 9:26pm

Because the Madsen MG Trench can really match the MP18 Trench for hipfire abilities.

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 5th 2017, 9:28pm

Because the Madsen MG Trench can really match the MP18 Trench for hipfire abilities.
Relative to the rest of its class whilst also being decent at range.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, May 5th 2017, 9:34pm

If that's what you mean by sniping, yeah, that's one thing
LMGs do well.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 5th 2017, 9:45pm

Relative to the rest of its class whilst also being decent at range.

So you're of the opinion that the best Support has to offer is a poor man's MP18 Trench with slightly better medium-range damage.

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 5th 2017, 9:54pm

So you're of the opinion that the best Support has to offer is a poor man's MP18 Trench with slightly better medium-range damage.
So a poor man's MP18 trench is a weapon with about double the ranged capability in terms of TTK plus accuracy at 50m (about the max average engagement range) in exchange for ~40% worse CQC hipfire, which is still pretty decent as the MP18 is hipfire god?

Now you're just being silly for the sake of it.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 5th 2017, 10:24pm

So a poor man's MP18 trench is a weapon with about double the ranged capability in terms of TTK plus accuracy at 50m (about the max average engagement range) in exchange for ~40% worse CQC hipfire, which is still pretty decent as the MP18 is hipfire god?

No, but a "poor man's MP18 Trench with slightly better medium-range damage" is. The MP18 outclasses it in most intended engagement ranges (up to around 30m) and the Madsen MG Trench is amongst the worst LMG to be using at 50m anyway (if not THE worst).