Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, February 15th 2018, 8:15pm

Well the Perino is obviously a straight upgrade within 50m, where the vast majority of engagements will occur. But even beyond that, where it effectively drops to a 6BTK, it doesn't feel any less lethal than the M1917 MG as more bullets will be on target anyway.
Isn't the Perino always a 5 shot after the TTK update? I've been having so much success with the Browning I haven't looked back. The Perino has superior recoil control, but worse bullet velocity, a decent tradeoff, I'll have to go back and test it. And what's the overheat time?

It drops to 20 damage at 50m. All it takes is at least 1 in 5 shots to find a limb or lower torso and it drops to 19; that's essentially a given past 50m. The difference in muzzle velocities is negligible, especially due to the Perino's high capacity/ high accuracy properties.

The Perino's overheat threshold is 65 bullets. Although I forget what the M1917 MG's is; maybe 55.

Date of registration
: Feb 15th 2018

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, February 15th 2018, 9:29pm

It drops to 20 damage at 50m. All it takes is at least 1 in 5 shots to find a limb or lower torso and it drops to 19; that's essentially a given past 50m. The difference in muzzle velocities is negligible, especially due to the Perino's high capacity/ high accuracy properties.

The Perino's overheat threshold is 65 bullets. Although I forget what the M1917 MG's is; maybe 55.
I went back and tested I play better with the Browning due to bullet velocity and that ensured 5 shot, using the perino people often have time to flee, on the browning the overheat is around 80.

Where do I find the info on limb modifiers?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "The Mole" (Feb 15th 2018, 9:37pm)

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, February 15th 2018, 9:59pm

Although I forget what the M1917 MG's is; maybe 55.
65. Main problem of Perino after TTK update is nerfed mullze velocity of 700 m/s. Dunno why devs did this but this change hurts much.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 15th 2018, 10:26pm

Although I forget what the M1917 MG's is; maybe 55.
65. Main problem of Perino after TTK update is nerfed mullze velocity of 700 m/s. Dunno why devs did this but this change hurts much.
agreed

With the perino i average about 1.6 kills per minute, while with the 1917 i average 2.3, the muzzle velocity and one less bullet to kill secure alot of kills that you wouldnt get with the perino, the recoil is already trivial, so these other factors tip the scale for me

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "The Mole" (Feb 16th 2018, 11:47am)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, February 16th 2018, 2:33pm

With the perino i average about 1.6 kills per minute, while with the 1917 i average 2.3, the muzzle velocity and one less bullet to kill secure alot of kills that you wouldnt get with the perino, the recoil is already trivial, so these other factors tip the scale for me

Having had a look at your stats, it seems like you're referring to the Perino Defensive. That one feels horrible now with the ADS time nerf etc. It's strictly the Low Weight variant (with AA sights, naturally) that I'm recommending.

My KPM with the Perino LW is 2.6 and for the M1917 MG LW it's 3.2. But that only reflects that the M1917 MG was the better weapon pre-patch, that I improved during the several months between their releases, and that there's minimal downtime with the M1917 MG as you're often dying before you ever need to reload.

It's not particularly relevant.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 3:25am

Having had a look at your stats, it seems like you're referring to the Perino Defensive. That one feels horrible now with the ADS time nerf etc. It's strictly the Low Weight variant (with AA sights, naturally) that I'm recommending.

My KPM with the Perino LW is 2.6 and for the M1917 MG LW it's 3.2. But that only reflects that the M1917 MG was the better weapon pre-patch, that I improved during the several months between their releases, and that there's minimal downtime with the M1917 MG as you're often dying before you ever need to reload.

It's not particularly relevant.
Hey man i'd like to say i appreciate your insight. I went back and played alot more with the perino, and I must say the low recoil is definately an advantage in alot of engagements. And bullet velocity hasn't really been much of a factor.

My current favorite and best in class for me is the Perino.

Date of registration
: Dec 18th 2017

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 8:47pm

Thoughts on the new img from apocalypse dlc vs the parabellum? The parabellum has 10% less vertical recoil and fires 100 RPM faster, while the new img has 28% less horizontal recoil.
Not entirely sure as a result which one has the statistical upper hand. Thoughts?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 10:27pm

Thoughts on the new img from apocalypse dlc vs the parabellum? The parabellum has 10% less vertical recoil and fires 100 RPM faster, while the new img has 28% less horizontal recoil.
Not entirely sure as a result which one has the statistical upper hand. Thoughts?

My experience with it is only limited to CTE testing (due to the stuttering issues currently plaguing vanilla). But I find that the lMG 08/18 isn't really hindered in CQC by the lower RoF. Yet in turn, it certainly does win more engagements at range thanks to the significantly lower horizontal recoil.

Also, Its vertical recoil is still lower than the BAR Storm's, so that's not an issue. In fact, having an unusually low FSRM of 1.25 (given its RoF) actually makes this another plus for the 08/18.

I think its introduction has invalidated the BAR and Parabellum in one fell swoop.

Date of registration
: Dec 18th 2017

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 27th 2018, 12:08am

My experience with it is only limited to CTE testing (due to the stuttering issues currently plaguing vanilla). But I find that the lMG 08/18 isn't really hindered in CQC by the lower RoF. Yet in turn, it certainly does win more engagements at range thanks to the significantly lower horizontal recoil.

Also, Its vertical recoil is still lower than the BAR Storm's, so that's not an issue. In fact, having an unusually low FSRM of 1.25 (given its RoF) actually makes this another plus for the 08/18.

I think its introduction has invalidated the BAR and Parabellum in one fell swoop.

Ah, dang. So itís not a bad last LMG for the game!
Question about the FSRM, does that mean the new img 08/18 is better at short-burst firing? Or how does the benefit of that help it over the parabellum?

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "vtboyarc" (Feb 27th 2018, 12:19am)

Date of registration
: Mar 5th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, February 27th 2018, 2:25am

Ah, dang. So itís not a bad last LMG for the game!
Question about the FSRM, does that mean the new img 08/18 is better at short-burst firing? Or how does the benefit of that help it over the parabellum?
It should make it a bit easier to keep the gun on target as there is less of an initial bump when you start shooting, and the spread increase multiplier is also 5 vs the Parabellum's 6, so it's slightly more accurate until the Parabellum's spread resets (but even then, the Parabellum has much higher horizontal recoil). But in longer bursts the first shot multipliers become largely irrelevant.