Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 5:58pm

These are the main reasons;

- Gets to minimum accuracy very quickly (2nd and 3rd shots are FAR more accurate on Huot)
- Better Base & Moving Hipfire (On par with non-trench BAR)
- Better Moving Accuracy

Put simply, the Huot is a more mobile, responsive Perino, whilst the Perino is a defensive style weapon.

Fair enough. Although I've seen your videos and this must all assume one has perfect VRec control. I certainly don't with a controller; I find there's lower-hanging fruit with the Perino.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 11:41pm

These are the main reasons;

- Gets to minimum accuracy very quickly (2nd and 3rd shots are FAR more accurate on Huot)
- Better Base & Moving Hipfire (On par with non-trench BAR)
- Better Moving Accuracy

Put simply, the Huot is a more mobile, responsive Perino, whilst the Perino is a defensive style weapon.

Fair enough. Although I've seen your videos and this must all assume one has perfect VRec control. I certainly don't with a controller; I find there's lower-hanging fruit with the Perino.

I miss way more due to moving spread than I do from poor Vrec control. Really enjoying the Huot post-patch on maps outside of the optimal range of the Chau.

Date of registration
: Dec 18th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, February 9th 2018, 5:03am

MG1917 - Mostly Covered by Perino. Better at anti plane and anti sniping. Too clunky for off bipod use.

Thanks, I just gave the Perino Low Weight a go and it does feel really good. I previously preferred the Perino Defensive for the precise optics, but since that now feels like trash, I hadn't even thought to give the Low Weight a chance.

That now fills a large gap in the arsenal of usable LMGs, for me at least:

-Chauchat LW
-Madsen MG LW
-Perino LW

Oddly, none of these would have made my list before TTK 2.0 came about.

However I still can't see why anyone would pick the Huot over the Perino. Especially now that their HRec is virtually identical.

I just posted about this on Reddit yesterday. The other night I tried the Huot out for the first time since the TTK patch.
Ive been trying all the other LMGs Ive enjoyed before the patch (BAR, Parabellum, Chauchat, Madsen) and not having much luck/fun. Decided to give the Huot Low weight a try, and wow, its been a joy to use. Super accurate without the bipod, even better with. Hip fire is amazing, feels as good as Trench variant guns imo.

I really want to like the Chauchat, I just cant seem to make it work for me. What are some good maps/game modes yall use the Chauchat on?

Edit: I threw some game footage together of my first time using the Huot post TTK update: https://youtu.be/0NKN8OnS_LE

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "vtboyarc" (Feb 9th 2018, 5:53am)

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, February 9th 2018, 5:56am

MG1917 - Mostly Covered by Perino. Better at anti plane and anti sniping. Too clunky for off bipod use.

Thanks, I just gave the Perino Low Weight a go and it does feel really good. I previously preferred the Perino Defensive for the precise optics, but since that now feels like trash, I hadn't even thought to give the Low Weight a chance.

That now fills a large gap in the arsenal of usable LMGs, for me at least:

-Chauchat LW
-Madsen MG LW
-Perino LW

Oddly, none of these would have made my list before TTK 2.0 came about.

However I still can't see why anyone would pick the Huot over the Perino. Especially now that their HRec is virtually identical.

I just posted about this on Reddit yesterday. The other night I tried the Huot out for the first time since the TTK patch.
Ive been trying all the other LMGs Ive enjoyed before the patch (BAR, Parabellum, Chauchat, Madsen) and not having much luck/fun. Decided to give the Huot Low weight a try, and wow, its been a joy to use. Super accurate without the bipod, even better with. Hip fire is amazing, feels as good as Trench variant guns imo.

I really want to like the Chauchat, I just cant seem to make it work for me. What are some good maps/game modes yall use the Chauchat on?

Edit: I threw some game footage together of my first time using the Huot post TTK update: https://youtu.be/0NKN8OnS_LE

Chau is great sub-20 m and more than 40 m.

Zer0Cod3x

Can't get a title

(1,327)

Date of registration
: Dec 23rd 2013

Reputation modifier: 13

Sunday, February 11th 2018, 8:26am

Remember I predicted the Chauchat would be a top-tier weapon? In single-fire mode, it?s as good as the AL8 .25 Extended. In fact, my analysis suggests it?s BETTER as a single fire weapon than in full auto mode.

Past their max spread range (20-25 m depending on what LMG), unless you're bipoded, LW LMGs are better tapfired than holding down the trigger.
something something Model 8 bestgun

How to ice an A-91

Next, wanna try adding a guy that you KNOW is bad, and just testing to see that? Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

PP-2000 added. Y'know, it's not that bad....

Yes, it comes in last so far, but that is mostly because I'm making it shoot at 100m ADS - Not Moving as one of the criteria. Even then, between 50-100m Not Moving, when you include Useability, it is only 1.37% worse than the MTAR-21. Within 50m then it even beats the A-91.

Have a look, vs. the A-91 Carbine:

Using it with Muzzle Brake and Compensator is a wash in terms of overall performance. Comp is SLIGHTLY more accurate, while MB is SLIGHTLY more easy to use. Their overall scores are basically tied, with MB just ahead. I guess either can be recommended.

But... You can't be counting for the fact that it takes 9 bullets to kill at "long" range... Don't you dare tell me my A-91 is worse than a 9 BTK 650 RPM mediocre PDW.

Also. Just go heavy barrel. The recoil is low enough.

Well, technically...

Comparing a PP2K with HB and an A-91 with comp and stubby (as you suggested in an earlier post), at 50m not moving, the A-91 is only better by 4 damage per hitrate. While at 75m and 100m, surprisingly the PP2K does better than the A-91 (I'm pretty damn surprised as well).

And 10m and 50m moving the PP2K also does more damage per hitrate than the A-91. At 25m the A-91 is only better by about half a bullet's damage as well.

In addition, the PP2K has a much larger mag size and substantially less recoil. And it looks hella awesome. So comparing the A-91 to a PDW is of some worth after all, as the PP2K is better (technically, not practically) than the A-91.

Mind blown.

I... I...

*cries in a corner*

Zer0Cod3x explained it very well. If you look at the raw numbers right here on Symthic Comparison, you can see how that happened:

A-91 vs PP-2000 | BF4 Weapon Comparison | Symthic

A-91's "23%" RPM advantage only afforded it 1 extra round.

Reload times are wash.

Velocities are wash.

V-Recoil are wash (and this is HBar on PP2k vs. A-91 without).

Hipfire and ADS - Moving are better on the PP2k, but it's a PDW and not the surprising part.

The surprising part is that, as equipped (and we see above that PP2k HBar has almost same V-Recoil as A-91 without HBar so why not?), the PDW performs better at 50 - 100m than a bloody Carbine. Why?

H-Recoil Spread, 0.525 vs. 0.45, advantage PP2k.

SIPS, 42% better on the PP2k.

And here is the most important part. ADS - Not Moving Spread, 0.35 vs. 0.2, 43% improvement.

Without HBar then of course the PP2k loses, which is why when I add all the attachments together for an Overall Ranking, it would slot below the A-91. Run HBar on it, though, then... I'm sorry

@Veritable
@Zer0Cod3x
I... I...
But...
Wha...
I AM HAVING AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS IN SCHOOL BECAUSE OF YOU TWO.

FUCK YOU NERDS AND YOUR FANCY NUMBERS

SEXY RUSSIAN BULLPUPS FTW.

In all seriousness, thank you both so much for giving me the numbers. I still don't want to accept them. You have led the horse to water. I still need to drink.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 11th 2018, 8:44pm

Past their max spread range (20-25 m depending on what LMG), unless you're bipoded, LW LMGs are better tapfired than holding down the trigger.

Right. Low Weights are absolutely the CLEAR choice of variant right now. I'm even tap-firing the Parabellum at ranges I wouldn't have dreamt of using it at before without its bipod deployed.

Date of registration
: Dec 18th 2017

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 14th 2018, 11:36pm

Right. Low Weights are absolutely the CLEAR choice of variant right now. I'm even tap-firing the Parabellum at ranges I wouldn't have dreamt of using it at before without its bipod deployed.

So, now that bipods remove the reverse spread mechanic and have you always at max accuracy, does this make the Parabellum more useful/viable of an option with short bursts? Such as at longer ranges than previous with it?

Date of registration
: Feb 15th 2018

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 15th 2018, 3:43am

I think without a doubt the best LMG is the Browning 1917, with the nerf of the storm variants it just has slightly more recoil than the benet mercie, but with 220 more rounds. You can kill mobs of enemy's with this gun without having to reload, and bipoded you can snipe people, so versatile, so easy to use.

Anyone know what the stats of the new lmg will be, ive seen gameplay and it looks like a laser beam with a high fire rate and mag size might take the spot of best lmg

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 15th 2018, 11:27am

I think without a doubt the best LMG is the Browning 1917, with the nerf of the storm variants it just has slightly more recoil than the benet mercie, but with 220 more rounds. You can kill mobs of enemy's with this gun without having to reload, and bipoded you can snipe people, so versatile, so easy to use.

Well the Perino is obviously a straight upgrade within 50m, where the vast majority of engagements will occur. But even beyond that, where it effectively drops to a 6BTK, it doesn't feel any less lethal than the M1917 MG as more bullets will be on target anyway.

Anyone know what the stats of the new lmg will be, ive seen gameplay and it looks like a laser beam with a high fire rate and mag size might take the spot of best lmg

I'm also curious about the LMG 08/18's recoil pattern. The weapon seems to play out like a castrated Parabellum; it offers most of the thrills with few of the spills.

Date of registration
: Feb 15th 2018

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 15th 2018, 6:32pm

Well the Perino is obviously a straight upgrade within 50m, where the vast majority of engagements will occur. But even beyond that, where it effectively drops to a 6BTK, it doesn't feel any less lethal than the M1917 MG as more bullets will be on target anyway.
Isn't the Perino always a 5 shot after the TTK update? I've been having so much success with the Browning I haven't looked back. The Perino has superior recoil control, but worse bullet velocity, a decent tradeoff, I'll have to go back and test it. And what's the overheat time?