Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Thursday, February 1st 2018, 11:48am

Probably, but I play Conquest 90% of the time. I do try in the uncommon event I actually find an occupied one and also have something that can disable it before they get off, but it's pretty rare; I believe I have 3/10.

Ahh, it's one of the universe's great mysteries to me why 80% of the player-base plays Conquest over Operations.

Anyway, as a clear completionist, don't you want to unlock the "Beginning Of The End" codex for the Operation Campaign which includes Beyond The Marne? Or perhaps you've already done so. Still, it only requires you to jump into an Artillery Truck and snipe 7 of those many cannons from a safe distance.

(I should probably say something Support related to avoid a slap on the wrist at this point.)

As far as I'm aware, the Parabellum is the now the quickest-killing LMG from any Battlefield title at range.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, February 1st 2018, 11:54am

Probably, but I play Conquest 90% of the time. I do try in the uncommon event I actually find an occupied one and also have something that can disable it before they get off, but it's pretty rare; I believe I have 3/10.

Ahh, it's one of the universe's great mysteries to me why 80% of the player-base plays Conquest over Operations.

Anyway, as a clear completionist, don't you want to unlock the "Beginning Of The End" codex for the Operation Campaign which includes Beyond The Marne? Or perhaps you've already done so. Still, it only requires you to jump into an Artillery Truck and snipe 7 of those many cannons from a safe distance.

(I should probably say something Support related to avoid a slap on the wrist at this point.)

As far as I'm aware, the Parabellum is the now the quickest-killing LMG from any Battlefield title at range.

Ops is the other thing I play, when I want something more hectic and cinematic, with cool music and voiceovers, and all that great stuff. But I can't do it all the time, it wears me out if I play it too much.

The two new maps are going to be amazing for both Pilot and Tanker multikills too, so I'll have those done fast now. I'll be working on the new Ops Campaign tomorrow, having just finished getting the new sword, suicide blimp codex, and other new stuff today; now that we get a guaranteed puzzle piece every time, I'll be doing this one more than once.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 1st 2018, 12:40pm

Ops is the other thing I play, when I want something more hectic and cinematic, with cool music and voiceovers, and all that great stuff. But I can't do it all the time, it wears me out if I play it too much.

Hmm, maybe don't play as the defenders like me then. Your reward for successfully thwarting tanks and behemoths is to sit on the same sector for 750 tickets. Not fun.

now that we get a guaranteed puzzle piece every time, I'll be doing this one more than once.

Yeah, and with the new black weapons skins and a new super-rare tank skin being put onto the scrap exchange today for just 5k, the demand for scraps has gone up a bit.

I guess I'll long be chasing the 11,200 points then (so that a winning match bonus will guarantee the 25k).

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Shalan" (Feb 1st 2018, 12:47pm)

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, February 1st 2018, 4:28pm

mfw people still don't realize how good Pin Down is now
mfw I had to bayonet charge 50 people to unlock that shit

You didn't have to if you had access to the French DLC.

The alternative was a max of 80 "knife" kills for any self-respecting human being.
Actually started on that one, then realized again that the unlocks only require 5/6, so I went with bayonet charges.

Didn't have it unlocked beforehand, and I like the hatchet way too much for stuff like breaking barbed wire and wood objects.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 2:32am

It seems I've been premature in concluding that LMGs are essentially useless now as a result of the SLR buffs.

My previous favourites (BAR Telescopic, M1917 MG etc) felt lethargic and cumbersome with the update, especially whilst accounting for the new super-accurate SLRs. So I deduced that the ones I liked less before would naturally feel just as bad.

The Chauchat was always going to enjoy this update, although it has surprised me just how good the Low Weight variant feels. But what has really surprised me, for the better, is the Madsen MG Low Weight.

Both weapons seemed to have coped with the ADS time and initial inaccuracy nerfs the best. That's because they can put their high-DPS on target almost immediately, since they suffer very little from the "wind-up" that LMGs have. I think it's that pairing (high-DPS & immediate accuracy) which is more crucial than ever.

For example, the BAR Telescopic used to be able to make up for its poor immediate accuracy with a very high DPS, but it can't now.

So it seems like this update, which was intended to refine weapon balance further, has instead created two monsters which tower above every other LMG.

Are there any other LMGs/ variants which anyone else happens to be having a lot of success with?

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 3:57am

It seems I've been premature in concluding that LMGs are essentially useless now as a result of the SLR buffs.

My previous favourites (BAR Telescopic, M1917 MG etc) felt lethargic and cumbersome with the update, especially whilst accounting for the new super-accurate SLRs. So I deduced that the ones I liked less before would naturally feel just as bad.

The Chauchat was always going to enjoy this update, although it has surprised me just how good the Low Weight variant feels. But what has really surprised me, for the better, is the Madsen MG Low Weight.

Both weapons seemed to have coped with the ADS time and initial inaccuracy nerfs the best. That's because they can put their high-DPS on target almost immediately, since they suffer very little from the "wind-up" that LMGs have. I think it's that pairing (high-DPS & immediate accuracy) which is more crucial than ever.

For example, the BAR Telescopic used to be able to make up for its poor immediate accuracy with a very high DPS, but it can't now.

So it seems like this update, which was intended to refine weapon balance further, has instead created two monsters which tower above every other LMG.

Are there any other LMGs/ variants which anyone else happens to be having a lot of success with?

Madsen, Chauchat, and Huot are winners in this update. Remember I predicted the Chauchat would be a top-tier weapon? In single-fire mode, it’s as good as the AL8 .25 Extended. In fact, my analysis suggests it’s BETTER as a single fire weapon than in full auto mode.

Huot flat out wrecks now too - it can put bullets on target with incredible efficiency.

Madsen has always been a favorite - does everything well.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 10:45am

Madsen, Chauchat, and Huot are winners in this update. Remember I predicted the Chauchat would be a top-tier weapon? In single-fire mode, it?s as good as the AL8 .25 Extended. In fact, my analysis suggests it?s BETTER as a single fire weapon than in full auto mode.

Huot flat out wrecks now too - it can put bullets on target with incredible efficiency.

Madsen has always been a favorite - does everything well.

Interestingly, those are the only 3 LMGs which regain full accuracy from their 6th bullet (due to a FSSM of -4) in Low Weight trim. So I guess that somewhat confirms what I've felt from experience; immediate accuracy is more important now.

I suppose I ought to give the Huot Low Weight another chance and test whether it actually feels powerful now. It's just the knowledge that the proportional difference between a 6BTK and a 5BTK is actually greater than it was before (as a 7BTK compared to a 6BTK) makes me doubt how it could suddenly be much better.

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 11:58am

Post TTK 2.0 patch, these are my personal use cases for LMGs on Frontlines

Huot Low Weight; General Purpose + Accuracy Centric + Hipfire. Does well in every situation.

Chauchat Low Weight; CQC - Med range variance - Accuracy centric + Hipfire, SLR style. Specific use cases; Argonne Forest, Monte Grappa Bunkers

Lewis Gun Suppresive/LW: General Purpose + Hipfire. Specific use cases; Frontlines Rupture End Mcoms, Nivelle Nights, Walking fire into Grappa Bunkers.

BAR Trench; Hipfire centric Anti SMG. Specific use case; Amiens, Tahure

BAR Telescopic; Single ranged shots against snipers, hipfire and bipod. Specific use case; When there is a combination of really good CQC players + really good snipers. Particularly useful on Ballroom Blitz and Nivelle Nights.

Madsen Trench; Similar to above, higher magazine count useful in chokepoints such as Fort Vaux Point B

Perino 1908 Low weight; Defensive overwatch playstyle + Suppression. Specific use case; Firing out of bunkers continuously, Locking down corridors.

Benet Telescopic; Anti Sniper. Specific use case; Sinai Frontlines, Verdun Frontlines C point.

LMGs I occasionally use;

Parabellum - Anti Elite, Plane and locking down 'close range' corridors eg amiens. Too inconsistent for most use cases.
MG15nA - I don't really have a specific use for this, covered by perino.
MG1917 - Mostly Covered by Perino. Better at anti plane and anti sniping. Too clunky for off bipod use.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 2:51pm

MG1917 - Mostly Covered by Perino. Better at anti plane and anti sniping. Too clunky for off bipod use.

Thanks, I just gave the Perino Low Weight a go and it does feel really good. I previously preferred the Perino Defensive for the precise optics, but since that now feels like trash, I hadn't even thought to give the Low Weight a chance.

That now fills a large gap in the arsenal of usable LMGs, for me at least:

-Chauchat LW
-Madsen MG LW
-Perino LW

Oddly, none of these would have made my list before TTK 2.0 came about.

However I still can't see why anyone would pick the Huot over the Perino. Especially now that their HRec is virtually identical.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Shalan" (Feb 8th 2018, 3:14pm)

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 3:10pm

However I still can't see why anyone would pick the Huot over the Perino. Especially now that they're HRec is virtually identical.
These are the main reasons;

- Gets to minimum accuracy very quickly (2nd and 3rd shots are FAR more accurate on Huot)
- Better Base & Moving Hipfire (On par with non-trench BAR)
- Better Moving Accuracy

Put simply, the Huot is a more mobile, responsive Perino, whilst the Perino is a defensive style weapon.