Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

• "CobaltRose" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, May 1st 2017, 12:08am

Scout Rifle Thread: non-sweet spot edition

Got a question for you guys: what do you think about the Scout Rifles that don't have a sweet spot? Those being:

- Russian M1895 Trench

- Gewehr M.95, all variants

- M1903 Experimental (Pedersen)

Personally started using the M1895 Trench recently over the Pedersen. Having a OHK-at-some-distance gun is nice but I've never really had the patience to find the right distance, stay there and hope to (insert deity here) that my teammates can handle the PTFO work. While it's a chore to use at range (terrible sights) and has its consistency issues, I've found it to be a lot of fun in the right circumstances. The fire rate isn't as fast as advertised -- 80-85 actual rpm maybe (?) vs. 124rpm listed -- but you can still two-tap people really fast, and the tighter hip spread and SDPS helps it assert dominance as the aggressive Scout (read: cowboy) gun.

I do have my questions about it though: assuming the fire rate is slower than what I guessed, why use it over the M.95 Carbine? Same hip spread, worse aimed accuracy on the move, much worse damage model, slower reload times across the board, and slower velocity.

Also: maybe an idea for some not-In-The-Name-Of-The-Tsar DLC, but what would you guys think if there was another non-sweet-spot rifle added, like the Berthier carbine? Something that deals sweet 8mm Lebel damage but suffers from a slower fire rate and smaller magazine. Variants could be Trench, Carbine and Extended (full rifle length + 5-shot magazine + sweet spot damage model).
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

BeefVellington

The Real Impostor

(282)

Date of registration
: Feb 15th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, May 1st 2017, 12:30am

The M1903 Experimental is a meme gun. Not worth even talking about IMO.

The Russian 1895 Trench is a CQC-centric rifle and doesn't compare well to the more ranged Gewehr M.95. I like both guns but I use them in completely different ways.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, May 1st 2017, 6:13am

The M.95 Marksman had been my go-to Scout rifle from when I unlocked it near launch all the way until a couple weeks ago, when I took a liking to the M1903 Marksman. The M.95 MM is probably the single best do-everything, jack-of-all-trades/ranges in the Scout class.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, May 1st 2017, 5:51pm

m95 infantry
pew pew pew
When you absolutely must kill everything, at every range, fastest, and can always land headshots.
PS 1903 marksman for longer distance and especially anti-air.

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Monday, May 1st 2017, 7:49pm

The World Champion rather enjoys using The Trenchester for his rootin' tootin' cowboy shootin', unlike any of you duded up egg sucking gutter trash.

M.95 is decent for it's ability to mark targets for death.

Pederson gets put right where it belongs. in the bottom of the trash can.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, May 1st 2017, 9:15pm

I am quite the fan of the experimental. Being what is essentially a more accurate C-93 with a massive magazine makes it a good choice for aggresive scout. Got some sick flanks with this weapon. Just wish it had better iron sights as it would be a godly head shot weapon. Its also got decent enough hipfire and it can be functional at range, though certainly not ideal.

Russian 1895 Trench and G.95 are also useful, particularly the 1895 with its fast rof and pretty slick hipfire.