Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

This post by "potetr" (Thursday, May 4th 2017, 1:40pm) has been deleted by the author himself (Thursday, May 4th 2017, 1:57pm)

Date of registration
: Mar 10th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, June 2nd 2017, 7:40pm

The higher TTK that BF1 has should come along with slower movement and not a strafing movement increase (which was in the opposing direction). Of course all this is because of the bad map design with huge distances without cover between the flags.

In my opinion a decrease of TTK would be welcome (along with reducing strafing to the value of the previous titles), but would make gameplay even more frustrating in all maps except Amiens, Argonne.

Zerging mostly has its root to giving a lot of points to flag capturers + rewarding all players capturing a flag even though only 3 are needed for full speed cap.

This post by "C0llis" (Friday, June 2nd 2017, 10:45pm) has been deleted by the author himself (Friday, June 2nd 2017, 11:16pm) with the following reason: Derped.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, June 2nd 2017, 10:56pm

Not really. When moving from point A to point B you generally move forwards (and often sprint). Reduced strafe speed wouldn't necessarily impact travel time, especially considering.

I was referring to reduced TTK not reduced strafing, when saying it would be more frustrating when travelling between flags.

As for the strafing, yes it is more complicated than top speed, as high acceleration, low muzzle velocity and low fire rate add to the ADAD meta's efficiency.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, June 2nd 2017, 11:15pm

Not really. When moving from point A to point B you generally move forwards (and often sprint). Reduced strafe speed wouldn't necessarily impact travel time, especially considering.

I was referring to reduced TTK not reduced strafing, when saying it would be more frustrating when travelling between flags.

As for the strafing, yes it is more complicated than top speed, as high acceleration, low muzzle velocity and low fire rate add to the ADAD meta's efficiency.
You are completely correct. This is what I get for browsing while drunk...

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

• "sid_tai" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 3:06am

The higher TTK that BF1 has should come along with slower movement and not a strafing movement increase (which was in the opposing direction). Of course all this is because of the bad map design with huge distances without cover between the flags.

I don't mind the lower TTK and reduced strafing speed of BF3. Right now strafing speed is nuts.

Zerging mostly has its root to giving a lot of points to flag capturers + rewarding all players capturing a flag even though only 3 are needed for full speed cap.

Zerging is much more prominent in 64p. You rarely see zerging in 8v8. Also another reason for zerging is due to the lack of connectors between lanes. Although I have not played Fort de Vaux, the worst offender in zerging, I can already surmise that the explosive spam is blocking off the narrow connectors that the connectors might just be considered non-existent.

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 8:02am

I like the TTK just the way it is now. No need to make the TTK fast like bf3
Official heretic of the Symthic forums

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 9:46am

I like the TTK just the way it is now. No need to make the TTK fast like bf3
The TTK isn't really going to be as fast as BF3's because the average ROF for automatic weapons is something like 550RPM, on top of accuracy and spread for BF1's SMGs/LMGs being vastly different than BF3's ARs, on top of BF1's movement system.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 10:58am

I don't mind the lower TTK and reduced strafing speed of BF3. Right now strafing speed is nuts.

Of course TTK and strafe speed were much better in BF3. Still changing them to that values would require very difficult balancing changes (DPM, accuracies, etc)

Also the higher TTK in BF1 promotes the headless chicken tactic, as in previous titles that kind of movement would be harshly punished, now it is not.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 8:49pm

Why would I need to really take cover when intentionally standing up/still to get shot at is such a great way to tell where and how far the enemy is, and whether they can see me. No sarcasm, this is absolutely a legitimate and useful tactic in BF1, and it's absurd. A random Scout getting lucky is literally the only thing preventing me from roleplaying a totem pole, and even then just a bit of Left Stick spam effectively nullifies that possibility.
Who has fun, wins.