Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

BeefVellington

The Real Yugas

(282)

• "BeefVellington" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 15th 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, April 23rd 2017, 8:29pm

Why are a vast majority of Battlefield YouTubers terrible?

T4R. I've been searching YouTube for some decent Battlefield 1 videos lately and I've come across a wide variety of smaller channels in the process. Many of these have anywhere from 10,000 to 50,000 subscribers. They make videos comparing gun X to gun Y or comparing a whole class of weapons or regular straight-up weapon reviews like the good old days. The problem is that they're all fucking terrible.

Nobody outside of the more religious members of this community or former Den Kirson people seem to understand anything about the games they're playing before they decide to make videos about it. For example, I found this video comparing all of the sidearms available for the Assault class in which the commentator miscalculates the times-to-kill of every weapon in the video, despite him saying in the description that the stats are coming from Symthic. This makes his entire seventeen-minute analysis completely worthless.

Here's another video in which the commentator actually impressed me with his analysis for the first minute and a half. After this, he confuses hipfire spread for ADS time and states that the weapons in question have different aim-down-sights times depending on whether or not you're moving. I'm pretty sure I have Crohn's disease now.

I found a video in which the commentator lists the stats of the weapon in an obnoxious Flemish accent while failing to deliver any meaningful commentary the entire time. He's also lifted his TTK stats straight from Symthic which results in him listing a point-blank TTK and a 20-meter TTK which is only 30 milliseconds longer (based on travel time of the bullet) which is basically meaningless.

I probably wouldn't give as much of a shit about the video titled BF1 Top 5 Worst Guns!! except for the fact that it's actually got a decent number of views in BF1 YouTube terms. In this video, he unironically lists the Automatico Factory, the Model 8 .35 and the Lewis Gun as being among the worst guns period. In a companion video which lists the same author's top 5, he lists the Selbstlader 1916 and the 1907 SL Sweeper as among the best weapon in the entire game. I contracted hepatitis A through E as he listed these five weapons.

My question is twofold: Why are a vast majority of these YouTubers complete fucking idiots? Also, what are some good YouTube channels for Battlefield 1 that you've found? I need less cancer in my YouTube watching time and fast.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, April 23rd 2017, 8:47pm

It's really a reflection of the priorities of society as a whole for the past couple years. Facts really don't matter anymore and it's all about the almighty feelings and emotions, which is completely preposterous if you ask me. Even mainstream media is prone to publish utter BS just so they can get some views. It's sickening. The value of fact and truth is fading into nothingness and then we'll be faced with a Fahrenheit 451 type scenario or "Idiocracy" for more of a lighter tone. I mean, 1984 could be applicable as well, but I think that's another topic altogether. To conclude, it doesn't surprise me that YouTubers/ gaming videos are following the same trend in some cases.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration
: Apr 13th 2016

Battlelog:

Sunday, April 23rd 2017, 9:09pm

Because no one who knows anything wants to deal with the shit storm that is youtube. It takes up a lot of time trying to get everything just right editing wise that people are so used to. People who dont do youtube for a living have to either make really good videos every once in awhile or really "shit" videos all the time. And by 'shit' I mean very little editing and what not. People on youtube now expect it since it has been there. In the early days there was very little editing and so no one expected it. Now everyone wants content all the time with cool editing and shit.
Those people who actually know what the fuck they are doing when it comes to games dont want to deal with that.
you can see this trend all through out society. Look at the president. Ever since the TV debates Presidents have been chosen for looks and speaking talent instead of people who actually have the means to do well by the country. It has turned into a money making shit fest. The modern day leaders are crap compared to what used to be. Name one achievement that a recent president has made that compares to telling an Empire to go fuck itself. Name one speech that will go down in history as some of the greatest ever made. Find me one.
People dont want to deal with the shit of an established community bc its such a pain in the ass.
Youtube viewers now expect content that is hard to provide when you have bigger priorities in life than making videos.
The other thing is that people like easy and comfortable. The 1907 SL is a good gun but only for close quarters. People on the forum know that and try to use guns that dont limit themselves to such a narrow space but blueberries suck at skill anyway so why use a hard gun. It takes skill to make a gun work when its not supposed to and you cant expect people to do that. The sweeper is an easy gun to use and thus people call it the best bc it doesnt take much to be sorta good with it. High mag count and fast reload with an automatic fire people are going to flock to that. People want to be able to pick up a gun and run with it.

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, April 23rd 2017, 9:11pm

Youtube guides are mostly for people who are unable to form their own conclusions. Some players just cannot figure out what the best weapons are for themselves

On top of that, the average joe is less likely to know that raw data and Symthic exists in the first place than looking up a Youtube video

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ritobasu" (Apr 23rd 2017, 9:18pm)

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,925)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, April 23rd 2017, 9:13pm

Non related to your lack YT content quality woes, but if I want to watch good BF1 gameplay I just put on the game. Much more reliable.

I may watch Duck every once in a while but, personally, I don't think that FPS as a whole is a genre that's the best to watch. It just feels like something is lacking while watching gameplay. Highlights and stuff are fine, but general gameplay is just boring compared to just straight up playing the game yourself.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Mar 2nd 2017

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, April 23rd 2017, 9:19pm

Had a good laugh at the Norsky videos. Couldn't believe my eyes when he was firing the Lewis gun in 3 round bursts.

And to be honest, I learned the AT mine trick from FOG of GAMING when the game just came out.

Best Battlefield YouTuber? Levelcap.

/s

Date of registration
: Oct 8th 2015

Sunday, April 23rd 2017, 10:20pm

So I took a look at the first video again, and now I'm kind of confused. Looks like the way he calculated TTK was taking the firerate of the weapon and calculating the time it takes for the weapon to fire the number of bullets needed to kill.
For instance, the P08. Symthic says its TTK at 0m is 608ms, while the video has it based on how long it takes to fire 4 rounds with the weapon (803ms). Could someone clarify this to me, as in why the method used in the video is incorrect?

BeefVellington

The Real Yugas

(282)

• "BeefVellington" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 15th 2017

Battlelog:

Sunday, April 23rd 2017, 10:28pm

So I took a look at the first video again, and now I'm kind of confused. Looks like the way he calculated TTK was taking the firerate of the weapon and calculating the time it takes for the weapon to fire the number of bullets needed to kill.
For instance, the P08. Symthic says its TTK at 0m is 608ms, while the video has it based on how long it takes to fire 4 rounds with the weapon (803ms). Could someone clarify this to me, as in why the method used in the video is incorrect?
He added an extra bullet-to-kill in his TTK calculation.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, April 23rd 2017, 10:47pm

I'd guess he counted up from zero, meaning ignoring "shot zero". It's an understandable oversight I suppose, it's how we count most things, like time.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Oct 8th 2015

Sunday, April 23rd 2017, 10:53pm

Sorry, I'm still confused, could you clarify on the math that Symthic uses in the stats?
The P08 does a max of 30 damage, meaning it kills in 4 shots (core). And it fires at 299 RPM. Based on that, it looks like he took the RPM, divided that by 60 to get rounds per second, then multiplied that by 4 (since the weapon kills in 4 shots) to get his final time. Although that doesn't take velocity into account, shouldn't it be a reasonably accurate representation of the TTK at 0m? Or are there other factors taken into account with the way Symthic does it?