Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "OldBFAddict" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, April 23rd 2017, 7:43pm

Need help understanding accuracy

First, is there a source of more detailed info than the accuracy plots?

Second, some of the plot seems obvious, narrower=better. But are they purely ADS? Or better of the two? Or are they relative to each other all other weapons?

Next, and this may seem stupid, but is the green dot the shooter, or target? Some narrow away from the dot, some flare. Some, like BAR storm, are almost perfectly round. Again, is this relative? Narrowing means greater accuracy at distance compared to others? E.g. the Huot, regarded as the most accurate LMG, has a perfect teardrop shape, while the Automatico factory looks like a fan.

BeefVellington

The Real Yugas

(282)

Date of registration
: Feb 15th 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Sunday, April 23rd 2017, 7:54pm

First, is there a source of more detailed info than the accuracy plots?

Second, some of the plot seems obvious, narrower=better. But are they purely ADS? Or better of the two? Or are they relative to each other all other weapons?

Next, and this may seem stupid, but is the green dot the shooter, or target? Some narrow away from the dot, some flare. Some, like BAR storm, are almost perfectly round. Again, is this relative? Narrowing means greater accuracy at distance compared to others? E.g. the Huot, regarded as the most accurate LMG, has a perfect teardrop shape, while the Automatico factory looks like a fan.
They're representative of the first five rounds of full-auto fire (or max RPM on semis) while aimed down sights. I don't know the distance at which they're being recorded. The green dot is the widest possible spread of the first shot at that reference distance.

Most automatic weapons will fan out from narrow to wide as the shots increase. LMGs have a negative spread-increase-per-shot and a very inaccurate second bullet (which is why the accuracy plots are shaped like teardrops).

Date of registration
: Apr 13th 2016

Battlelog:

Sunday, April 23rd 2017, 8:22pm

It is for all distances. Spread is in degrees so you just make the target smaller and the plot stays the same size.
They take the gun and fire it with 5 round bursts then plot the points. Then they do that a lot of times and you get some sort of idea as to how the gun might react.
Of course they use software to simulate the gun they dont fire at a wall. Just think about it like this, you fire 5 times your first bullet will land somewhere in the green then the second somewhere in the yellow then the third in the orange ect.
Its just to give you a general idea as to how the gun might react. You could get very lucky and fire 5 bullets that have no horizontal recoil or get very unlucky and have max recoil values its all random. But random with in those areas.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 25th 2017, 10:07pm

Ok, I think I finally have it for LMGs:

First shot, very accurate
Second shot, who knows where,
Third & subsequent: spread goes down.

Is that right?

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, April 25th 2017, 10:21pm

Ok, I think I finally have it for LMGs:

First shot, very accurate
Second shot, who knows where,
Third & subsequent: spread goes down.

Is that right?

Yes. First shot is best accuracy, second is worst accuracy, and each shot scales back to best accuracy thereafter. Most MGs tend to get back to best accuracy after 5-7 shots.
Who has fun, wins.

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,510)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, April 26th 2017, 1:34am

Low Weight variants are totally usable at the third shot though. Huot LW is basically back to minspread by bullet 3 and Madsen LW is limited more by hrec than by spread on bullet 3.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 26th 2017, 10:16pm

I love the Madsen LW, 5 SS.

After about 15 SS with LMGs, I'm finally learning how to play to their strengths instead of playing assault with them.

My biggest problem has been applying their accuracy. I have trouble defining targets against a near-matching background (I can see but not real sure where to aim. Also seeing if I was hitting them or not.

I switched to the BAR telescopic last night and tore it up in Frontline. 10-3 in a 20 minute round at Fort De Vaux, my best KD yet. I previously didn't like scoped LMGs, but its not a problem since I'm not trying to engage in CQB with them.

Of course, I burn through almost a full mag for every kill at distance:-)

I've sure learned a lot on this forum. Thanks!

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, April 26th 2017, 10:29pm

I switched to the BAR telescopic last night and tore it up in Frontline. 10-3 in a 20 minute round at Fort De Vaux, my best KD yet. I previously didn't like scoped LMGs, but its not a problem since I'm not trying to engage in CQB with them.

That's why I love the Bulldog, it's the perfect sidearm to a range-type MG, which are what I almost always use.

Another advantage to ranged play is that reloads don't matter anywhere near as much as in a meatgrinder CQB situation.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 27th 2017, 12:22am

That's why I love the Bulldog, it's the perfect sidearm to a range-type MG, which are what I almost always use.

Another advantage to ranged play is that reloads don't matter anywhere near as much as in a meatgrinder CQB situation.

Oh yes. I'll switch primaries & gadgets to fit the map, but that ugly doggie is always at my side.