Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Gunjyguy" has been banned
  • "Gunjyguy" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, April 16th 2017, 4:10am

Yeah Gunjyguy, a.k.a. Ban Evasion, I'm not going to listen to you about gitting gud. I already stated why I use Auto Rotation because it's statistically better than what I can manage manually and helps me have fun with the game, which you conveniently omitted in the quotations. I can still get kills without any form of Aim Assist, but it's significantly harder and I don't necessarily want a challenge right now. That's my stance on the matter and I know myself infinitely more than you think know me, so don't make wild assumptions based on one single reply. It doesn't speak well on your behalf, we'll just leave it at that.

You said yourself that you're a "certified tryhard pro" or whatever so I'm going to take anything you say with an entire fucking ocean of salt because 1. your attitude comes off as elitist and disrespectful and 2. I generally don't respect those of the tryhard variety in a public scenario, although there are exceptions. You play the game how you want and I'll play how I want. Forcing your own opinion upon others about something that really has no observable, objective data associated with it is not a smart thing to do; that's why it's called an opinion and not fact.

Battlefield is a casual game, it isn't Counter Strike by any means. You should probably stick with your comp and scrims because not everyone is a certified tryhard pubstomper nor will everyone ever be one. Your desire is fantasy. Casual players will always be bad because many casual players don't invest the same amount of time or effort into the game as tryhards will, so there will always be a system in place to help them because developers don't want to alienate a large portion of their audience (unless they specifically want their audience to consist of tryhards which is entirely up to them). Battlefield seems to be headed more in the casual direction than the tryhard, so maybe the franchise isn't for you anymore. Just a thought.

Hey I hope you didn't feel I was trying to attack you if you remember I even said I really don't care what you do in regards to aim assist I was merely trying to express how I feel in regards to your reasoning for using it which in the end came down to wanting the game to aim for you because its more fun and that's fine it just goes against what I feel is right as in effect it lets you beat a better player without being the direct result of your mechanical skill.

Spoiler Spoiler

(Snapping to someones chest with auto aim with a shot gun when your center screen was actually on there arm or ghand resulting in PERFECT shotgun accuracy)

Really want to make it clear I am not interested in nor do I want to appear as though I am personally attacking you but I also really want to make sure we can discuss this topic without anyone's feelings getting hurt.

You are correct that BF isn't CSGO but does that mean we should excuse mechanics that remove even more skill from the game especially ones that involve aiming a core element of an FPS game?
slso do you not agree that perhaps having players who lack the ability to aim snap onto your head for example when your behind a head glitch whilst they are actually missing removes some of the fun and things that make the game interesting?

With this attitude of its not a competitive game you shouldn't even try to play it skilfully why bother playing at all,
Why bother exploiting the movement system to your advantage
Why bother using correct weapon for correct range and using proper form in gunplay
At this point why bother playing a game at all why not just watch an action movie a truly passive experience that lacks any input from the user?

Quoted

You should probably stick with your comp and scrims because not everyone is a certified tryhard pubstomper nor will everyone ever be one. Your desire is fantasy

Not sure what you mean by this but there's two possible meanings.

1. I should probably only play in competitive setting since the rest of the playerbase in pub games are not very good at all.

2.Me seeing myself as a pub stomper is a fantasy.

If its the first one then I disagree because its actually fun walking all over casuals in CQL and getting huge kills and kills streaks like on Argonne for example.
It really is a great fun doing this and part of the reason I love BF over COD since a good player can kill so many people quickly and also because TTK ability to turn on people.

If its the latter then I don't blame you for being sceptical, I would also like to comment on what has been seen by you as coming off as elitist where while im at it because it is related.
I merely tried to show I have some form of authority on the topic by pointing out my own performance and if you remember correctly I said even when I was a noob (BF4 days) I didn't use auto aim.

You have your opinion and I have mine and I still disagree that the game should actually aim for the player when its not even needed and flat out BREAKS the balance of weapons like shotguns and the new medic rifle the RSC.

Having auto aim in the game just leads to people spamming ADS to lock onto target instead of simply aiming themselves and its one of the reasons why PC folk laugh at console players as they assume we alkl run around and let the game aim for us.
Look at this its from DonnyonPC . https://twitter.com/DANNYonPC/status/852214039333810176
This is what your defending
This is why auto aim is bad
This is how and why infantry snipers get used
This is how shotguns are used
This is what gunplay means for abusers of auto aim just spam aim at people because the game will snap onto them.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, April 16th 2017, 5:55am

Don't get me wrong, if Aim Assist was non-existent in Battlefield I'd be perfectly happy; hell I'd probably enjoy it a lot more, but like I said it's fantasy talk (especially the whole 'remove Auto Rotation thing'). It lowers the skill floor down to the basement level and enables Johnny-no-thumbs to compete with other higher skilled players. Do I like this? Not necessarily, but it is what it is.

I agree Auto Rotation is horrifically imbalanced, but that doesn't mean you remove it completely. It means that you balance it. I'm only defending Auto Rotation because I know why it exists and that it won't be removed, so campaigning for a total removal is a failed endeavor. If you feel so strongly about it then petition for it to be properly balanced because that's more likely to happen.

It's also pretty ironic that you have this anti-scrub mentality yet refuse to use a mechanic that's available to everyone all in the name of "skill" whatever that amounts to. As long as most players continue to use Auto Rotation to enhance their abilities then so will I. I'm not playing to become the most 1337 pro pubstomper because in my mind it's just a video game. I'm a member here on Symthic because I like talking Battlefield and learning about the game mechanics so that I can understand the game better and have more fun as a result. I don't need to be the best or most skilled to have fun. Sure, it's good to strive to better yourself as a whole but when it comes to Battlefield I don't really consider it all that vital as long as I'm enjoying myself. You bet your ass that if I just flat-out sucked and died 30 times or more a round that I'd work to improve my gameplay, but I don't die that often so I'm content with where I'm at which is roughly a 2.0 infantry K/D.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, April 16th 2017, 4:14pm

Don't get me wrong, if Aim Assist was non-existent in Battlefield I'd be perfectly happy; hell I'd probably enjoy it a lot more, but like I said it's fantasy talk (especially the whole 'remove Auto Rotation thing'). It lowers the skill floor down to the basement level and enables Johnny-no-thumbs to compete with other higher skilled players. Do I like this? Not necessarily, but it is what it is.

I agree Auto Rotation is horrifically imbalanced, but that doesn't mean you remove it completely. It means that you balance it. I'm only defending Auto Rotation because I know why it exists and that it won't be removed, so campaigning for a total removal is a failed endeavor. If you feel so strongly about it then petition for it to be properly balanced because that's more likely to happen.

It's also pretty ironic that you have this anti-scrub mentality yet refuse to use a mechanic that's available to everyone all in the name of "skill" whatever that amounts to. As long as most players continue to use Auto Rotation to enhance their abilities then so will I. I'm not playing to become the most 1337 pro pubstomper because in my mind it's just a video game. I'm a member here on Symthic because I like talking Battlefield and learning about the game mechanics so that I can understand the game better and have more fun as a result. I don't need to be the best or most skilled to have fun. Sure, it's good to strive to better yourself as a whole but when it comes to Battlefield I don't really consider it all that vital as long as I'm enjoying myself. You bet your ass that if I just flat-out sucked and died 30 times or more a round that I'd work to improve my gameplay, but I don't die that often so I'm content with where I'm at which is roughly a 2.0 infantry K/D.

Autorotation has only gotten stronger since BF4 infact the Devs have even mentioned its a little too strong in BF1.
You mentioned it should be balanced but why should it exist at all when it isn't needed and outright breaks some weapons and gunplay as a whole.

I gave the example of shotguns with auto am being OP same as infantry snipers it also makes gunplay devolve into noobs spamming aim at people or snot bothering to adjust for recoil and just aiming in and out its honestly pretty sad.

You say you use it because it makes the game more fun I guess you have an attitude of do well now have fun where I have one that is do bad now do better later.

The reason I don't use auto aim is its turned off for comp also I actually wanted to git gud and anyone who uses autorotation isn't good at all since they form no centre screen muscle memory they just have to aim vaguely around someone and get snapped straight on, its also fun seeing people who use it join servers with it off and get wrecked.

You didn't mention my point of having noobs use auto aim results in frustration and lack of fun from a good players perspective since we can tell when its the only reason a shot could land on us.

SO please explain why should there be an aimbot that's not needed at all be in the game when it
Causes balance problems making shot guns and infantry/carbine snipers OP
Causes bad players to kill good one only because the game is aiming for them
Is completely unneeded for even bad players to play and have fun ( I used to play COD with no aim assist as a noob had a blast)

Sounds to me your reasoning is just because you want to do better then you actually can and need to perform at the level the aimbot is helping you reach or your not having fun, so basically I suspect you strive for a 2KD at least every game and when you don't use auto aim you don't get that so its not as fun and I think that's the wrong attitude.

You should only get out what you put in and bad players shouldn't get rewarded for missing or repeatedly aiming in and out instead of actually dealing with tracking or recoil.

Date of registration

Sunday, April 16th 2017, 4:40pm

I can't tell if you're trolling or just have poor reading comprehension because I literally addressed everything in my previous post. Let me format it in a way that's more comprehensive:

1. It exists because casual players don't invest enough into the game to compete without it. Getting destroyed everytime with no real capability of learning how to get better is not fun. No fun = no play.

2. Game features are rarely, if ever, removed when already implemented. Instead, they are balanced accordingly or nerfed to the point that no one wants to use them anymore, therefore advocating for an entire removal is pointless.

3. The ability to compete is what makes a game fun for everyone. This is why I use Auto Rotation and only why I use it. By not using it I would be putting myself at a huge disadvantage to those who are using it because between two players of equal abilities the one using Auto Rotation will win because he has an aiming advantage . With two players of equal skill using Auto Rotation, the player with better positioning will win, so it places "skill" on more than just mechanical ability and emphasizes where you are relative to your target.

4. Not using something the game provides in the name of skill is the definition of being a scrub.

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, April 16th 2017, 5:46pm

Quoted

I can't tell if you're trolling or just have poor reading comprehension because I literally addressed everything in my previous post. Let me format it in a way that's more comprehensive:

1. It exists because casual players don't invest enough into the game to compete without it. Getting destroyed everytime with no real capability of learning how to get better is not fun. No fun = no play.

2. Game features are rarely, if ever, removed when already implemented. Instead, they are balanced accordingly or nerfed to the point that no one wants to use them anymore, therefore advocating for an entire removal is pointless.

3. The ability to compete is what makes a game fun for everyone. This is why I use Auto Rotation and only why I use it. By not using it I would be putting myself at a huge disadvantage to those who are using it because between two players of equal abilities the one using Auto Rotation will win because he has an aiming advantage . With two players of equal skill using Auto Rotation, the player with better positioning will win, so it places "skill" on more than just mechanical ability and emphasizes where you are relative to your target.

4. Not using something the game provides in the name of skill is the definition of being a scrub.

1. It isn't needed for casuals to be able to aim properly do you really think you cant aim at all without auto aim? I don't use auto aim and I actually get messages from people claiming I cheat by having aimbot!

2. its a terrible feature and is actually one that the very same casuals you say must have don't even now exists, it could be removed and no one would notice much.It could maybe get turned off by rank 10 or something

3. auto aim isn't needed for people to have the ability to compete, when I was a noob I competed fine without autoaim infact back when I was a agro sniper I would always go for quick scope head shots and I competed fine I mean I had a terrible KD of 1.6 but didn't use auto aim and would always go for head shots with sniper in close range before using side arm.

I think if people need the ability to snap onto targets as soon as they ADS in addition to having slow down aim assist then they are terrible players who should not get rewarded for missing

Spoiler Spoiler

(If you actually had good aim auto rotation doesn't do as much since your already centered on the enemy before aiming)

You mention that having everyone use an aimbot that rewards missing the target by snapping you straight onto them as if you actually possessed basic aim skill somehow increase skill as it shifts the focus away from actually being good at aiming something I add is harder to learn to master then positioning as if its correct and or a good thing when the truth is it isn't.

Why is it not true?

Well for starters one of the reason why auto aim is so bad is that it removes some of the reward for positioning let me explain.

If you see a target and only there head is showing you just aim near the target and snap onto the head whilst someone not relying on an aimbot actually has a smaller target and must rely on centre screen skill more to aim on or close to target then move ADS over target.

Secondly positioning is easy to learn and put into effect its always the same you learn where to peek where not to challenge its more a set of rules that anyone should be able to learn as it requires very little active thought its very important but its usage doesn't require much more then some map knowledge and common sense to learn meanwhile aiming without the use of an aimbot that rewards you for missing is different since you have to act on your feet very fast and no two engagemnets are really ever the same.

You cant compare the basic and I mean low level stuff any baby should be able to pick up on like not exposing yourself more then needed to being able to turn on people or quickly take down many targets so lets not pretend the two are comparable and that its actually good and fitting to have more tactical (

Spoiler Spoiler

aka like hardcore mode does reward bad players)
rewarding mechanics since you don't seem to think twitch aim has a place in BF series.

Spoiler Spoiler

(The very reason when people say they are a BF veteran i pause and think they are casuals with bad aim)
Am I a scrub?

1. As I explained auto aim is turned off for competitive so I have a reason for not using it and if your actually good it messes with your skill ceiling in certain situations.

2. I am actually good so its not needed i stomp on everyone i have met in BF1 pubs easily and its off for comp so why would i use it I simply don't need to.
You can also actually tell when watching gameplay of someone who uses it and its for lack of a better word cringe and I like to make good gameplay videos that don't feature the cancer known as aim bot.

Date of registration

Sunday, April 16th 2017, 9:47pm

I can't be bothered to continually repeat myself because everything I say just glances right off. Enjoy whining about Auto Rotation by yourself, as for myself I'm done here.

I'm pretty sure I just broke Rule 9 by posting.

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0

Prepare your laughbox

This post by "iota-09" (Sunday, April 16th 2017, 10:48pm) has been deleted by user "Miffyli" (Sunday, April 16th 2017, 11:02pm) with the following reason: Offtopic (also: most definitely != definitely)

yugas42

(1,309)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, April 16th 2017, 11:28pm

Thread closed. We have all had this discussion about aim assist before and I thank you all for keeping it well-mannered for the most part.