Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Mori4rte" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, April 12th 2017, 3:09pm

Peace of mind

I found mine when piloting the trench fighter. After four hours of non-stop action (just now) it's like I've seen it all. Death. Destruction. Incredible sacrifice. Speaking of the latter - the guy sits in the middle of the D flag, on empire's edge, by the wall, in the corner. It's the flag at a ruined castle facing the sea, middle of the map, hottest area. For 5 minutes I spawned on this dude, like 10 times, he just sits. I spawn on him, 10 enemies run around looking at us. I kill one, two or three and insta-die. The dude sits, sometimes moving in small steps left or right, taking pot shots with LMG once in a while. I spawn again. And again, taking over 20 people with me in the aftermath, but the flag stays 100% red. Futile, of course. The only sane explanation I came up with is that that was David Copperfield himself, otherwise it would be that half the enemy team was blind, while the other half - deaf.

As for death and destruction, my observation is this: most of my rounds flow in a very peculiar fashion, where majority of players are running around without any system to it. Snipers assume positions, which they came up while day-dreaming in school and rarely move, supports are studying couple grades higher, so they find best possible spots for launching mortars, suicidal assaults die usually within seconds after spawning. Medics seem to be the bright spot of the whole bunch, keeping their distance and moving to where the action is, so that they can heal and revive. Personally, I blame two things - map design and shooting mechanics. Niche specialization and lack of universality resulted in everyone minding their own business, as each unique snowflake has his own and very special range of engagement now, so, you know, the last thing you should do is work together with someone else, who is probably a sniper anyway. So, this merry bunch gets spread around vast maps, where flags are so far from each other there is no hope of self-organizing an attack force, with notable exception of argonne forest, where blunt ideas of operation locker/metro came to life again.

And while I am bored by locker, metro and argonne, there is no denying that the self-organizing gameplay they provide is but an extreme demonstration of how true battlefield should work. It should work by itself, driven by harmonic map design and weapon choices that inspire people to work together in small and large groups. Allowing squads to move from any flag to most flags through cover, natural and man-made is something that should be embedded in the map design at this stage. Dragon pass type of map simply doesn't work and ends in frustration for everyone, even the AA driver.

Is anyone else lucky to find the peace of mind in bf1? And what are Your observations and thoughts on the flow of the team play in bf1?

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, April 12th 2017, 5:50pm

Incredible sacrifice
How?

Trenchfighter cant be downed if flown with some brains and eyes. Unless by other fighter. Which means broken balance.
RIP Sraw

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, April 12th 2017, 10:25pm

Don't let JSCLICE20 hear that you found peace there by shredding infantry to pieces. Fun post, nevertheless.

I have not touched BF1 for two weeks, since the last guy from my clan got battlegrounds, which he gifted to me as well. Now we are playing as a clan again. So that is surely kind of nice. Goes to show though, that the only reason to play BF1, was a social one, considering that there are no social features included in BF1.

You are touching another point about map design I wondered about lately as well. And that is the utter chaos when the players move between the flags. I wondered why players always run around wildly to get to the next objective. At first I thought people just do have no concept of tactical movement, but I notice myself that I am always running mostly directly towards the flag as well. It seems that the maps are so open and the choices are to vast, that I do not care which way I should go and just use the shortest one.
I figured that is because of the complete absence of lanes on most maps and the same generic encounters you will have on the way. It will always be either point blank, or far out, regardless of the path you choose. When I recall my most played maps from BF4, there was nothing random about it, I knew the map and knew what engagement distance I would be facing, if it was risky or not, where enemies could come from and a couple of other things. Now it is just running like a headless chicken, and it works decently as well, but is totally generic and random.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, April 12th 2017, 11:31pm

Whenever Hardcore gets properly corrected to 175% damage, as they're apparently looking into right now.
Who has fun, wins.

• "Mori4rte" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, April 13th 2017, 1:54am

Don't let JSCLICE20 hear that you found peace there by shredding infantry to pieces.

Well, unbalanced as it is, doesn't change the fact that it's a rare thing I can be useful with, to the team. I spawn, try to take out enemy air first, then I watch the map intensely to find where the current push is going. So I throw spot flares there and try to clear out as many unprotected infantrymen as I can. And I can hear team mate voices cheering from the ground up. Where as if I spawn as infantry it's a short life filled with as much destruction as I can possibly unleash before some random crap takes me down and nothing on the landscape I can usually influence, even though the score at the end looks like 40-15 every time.

Even if you strip the trench fighting abilities from a fighter plane completely, there will still a ton of things to do for an experienced pilot. Air to air, spotting, mowing down random guy zoomed in from the main gun. If they'd let me balance it at this point, I'd make secondary weapon reload for 30 seconds and perhaps make it stronger against vehicles.