Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "OldBFAddict" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, April 10th 2017, 7:16pm

Unlocking the CheauChat telescopic

First, is it worth it?
I mostly hate scoped LMGs, however I love the shosho but hate the sights.

I'm level 38 support and pretty much play assault style with the fastest TTK LMGs.

Trying to get 15 Ks in a round with the Benet telescopic has so far been an excercise in frustration. I was at 13 last night in Monte Grappa operations when we attacked the final objective. But that one is a CQB slugfest, and the Benet about the worst possible weapon.

I can't figure out where to go with the damn thing. I know it's got the long range accuracy, but it's not even close to a match for a scout. Trying that pretty much supplies the scouts with target practice and forget any engagement inside of 40 meters unless I catch someone totally unaware.
Even then it's so i often get killed by someone' else before finishing them off.

Any maps/modes that might be Benet friendl?

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Battlelog:

Monday, April 10th 2017, 7:42pm

You want to be defending in Operations; try Conquer Hell.

I fell in love with the Benet Telescopic as a result of the assignment.

BeefVellington

The Real Impostor

(276)

Date of registration
: Feb 15th 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, April 10th 2017, 8:13pm

I got my 15 kills with the weapon on Soissons playing Frontlines. If you haven't tried quickmatching for a Frontlines game yet, you should definitely consider it. You have a good mix of attacking and defensive gameplay over some fairly long lines of sight and it's extremely easy to do well with most of the medium-to-long range weapons in the game. It's also an outstanding gamemode for a variety of other reasons which I talked about in this post a few weeks back.

Frontlines is 10/10 for all the TSNP challenges. I got 100% of my unlocks in the first day on this mode (minus the Tanker weapon but who cares about that) because it's so easy to frag on those maps.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 11th 2017, 1:41am

Yeah I love Frontlines. Some of the matches go quite long.

I think the problem is I frankly Im just not that good. I score pretty well by playing objectives, but my K/D ratio is usually below 1.

I'm in my 50s and hardly played any console games or FPS of any kind till my teen got me hooked on BF1 back in January. Now he regrets it:-)

Running around getting killed with the donut gun should improve my skills. But it sure gets frustrating.

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, April 11th 2017, 2:20am

Just thinking out loud and not sure how feasible this is for your situation....

If you have a friend on VOIP, who is a decent Scout, have him use the M.95 Marksman, while you stick close to him with your B-M Telescopic. Both share the same "scope" so preferably both of you are using the same Zoom.

Have him or her call out targets that he or she is going to shoot at, so you can acquire and track the same target as well. Once the shot connects, your friend should let you know, and then you fire.

Up to 100m, any single hit in this situation with your B-M is a kill.... M.95's damage at 100m is 81.41, while your B-M's minimum damage is 19.

The game gives you full credit for the kill, which you need. Your friend is not left out in the cold either, and will receive an Assist Counts As Kill.

-----

If such friend is not available, try hanging around your team's snipers. Hopefully you're all aiming at the same place, though.

-----

Source: Also not a good player, so often had to resort to these types of "leeching" tactics in order to complete assignments.

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(394)

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, April 11th 2017, 2:39am

Something to consider is your zoom level, as recoil can feel much more intense when focused on a small area, the Benet Mercie is currently the only LMG I run at 4x zoom but if you aren't intending to shoot at far out targets I would suggest dropping zoom to 2.50x.
Autoloading 8 .25 extended user.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,320)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, April 11th 2017, 11:26am

If you are used to rolling with the CQB LMGs the BM-tele is going to require a change of your playstyle.

You have to be more patient, slow, and methodical. Go for long flanks instead of head on attacks with the zerg, stay a bit behind the front line and pick off enemies in cover that go after your pushing teammates (or go for the enemies spawning in on the objective). Look for places where you have overlook over common routes.

One trick that may be useful: to give your enemies as little time to react if they haven't seen you yet you can start shooting in another direction and once your spread has decreased you can drag your crosshair onto the enemy and down them quickly with your minspread laser. That way they won't have time to react during the gap in damage that you otherwise would get between the first shot and when you're back at minspread. Be careful not to move while doing this, as it will add move spread and you will have to start over from there.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, April 11th 2017, 2:06pm

I find strafing for the first few shots helps, since they mostly miss with LMGs anyway. I really sucked with LMGs at first because I was playing by BF4 "LMGs can't hit anything while strafing" rules. In BF1 I find once the first few shots are off they become lasers anyway and the mix of strafing and your suppression will make it much harder for SLRs and BAs to hit than if you just stand still.

As for the assignment, frontlines is the way to go. The matches are so damn long most of the time that it's easy to get any achievement. That being said I still can't get the MP18 headshots. I've used it a ton and I'm on 5 so far. After the LMG lasers these SMGs just feel so inaccurate. I think LMGs have broken my ability to burst. When I came from BF4 I wasn't used to being able to just fire 50 rounds straight. Now it's all I know. I can't go back. This MP18 Optical just feels like a really crap LMG. Decent hipfire though, but that doesn't really help with the headshots.

Btw, when you say you hate the Chauchat sights, have you tried the Irons? They are amazing. Like with the MG15, the irons are actually much clearer and more precise than the AA sights. Just a nice little sight that tells you right where the shots will go but doesn't clog up half the screen or obscure the enemy once the recoil hits.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 11th 2017, 7:51pm

Interesting suggestion about strafing, I'll give that a try.

I found the 20 HS with the MP18 optical not that difficult. I guess playing close support, it fit my style. I wish we could get optical versions of the Madsen, BAR and Chauchat.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, April 11th 2017, 9:25pm

Interesting suggestion about strafing, I'll give that a try.

I found the 20 HS with the MP18 optical not that difficult. I guess playing close support, it fit my style. I wish we could get optical versions of the Madsen, BAR and Chauchat.

Madsen Optical (instead of Storm) would be really cool, I'd love to try that. The Madsen is one of the few weapons to have only iron sights across all variants, the other two being the Automatico and M1907 (not counting shotguns, or the Ribeyrolles which would have optics if it actually had variants).