Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Monday, April 24th 2017, 11:52am

The Amiens tank bug has been known for quite some time, but I thought it was fixed in the patch that also fixed the glitch that gave the enemy team your tank spawn. Is it actually still bugged?

I am not a fan of the new vehicle spawning system DICE has got here. But you know what, if they want to limit backcapping or whatever, fine. It's their game. But at least make the mechanics clear and apparent to players and not hidden behind some opaque rules that they can't be bothered to explain.

You don't give the enemy your tank anymore, but it seems like the ability to spawn a second tank on maps with two tanks where the tank spawn shifts (Amiens, and now Empire it looks like, possibly Scar too) is bugged and cannot be spawned after round start until the gimme flag changes hands and you lose the ability to spawn armor there.

As soon as the gimme flips the slot gets +1 at the uncap.

Probably related to the pair of bug fixes where they stopped enemy from getting it and then the UI fix where it showed 2 tanks availlable when only one was actually slotted.

The drive to the gimme flag is so short and renders the spawn point immune to mining. I don't understand why they felt the need to have those points moved up. Or what the point of the new spawn system is in general.

It doesn't make sense that -1 tanks until flags swap hands is a "feature". It has to be a bug. DICE'd.

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, April 25th 2017, 6:01am

I've always felt vehicle spawns in general can get a bit...wacky but haven't had the time to look into it. Its kinda of a weird thing to reproduce and record but if anyone can reliably reproduce some of the issues being discussed (or an unintended behavior or bugs) they should submit it at https://www.bftracker.com . If you can't quite word it or anything you send me a video or what not of it being reproduced or happening in-game but your probably way better off submitting it and all the information you can at the bftracker site.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Tuesday, April 25th 2017, 6:09am

I've always felt vehicle spawns in general can get a bit...wacky but haven't had the time to look into it. Its kinda of a weird thing to reproduce and record but if anyone can reliably reproduce some of the issues being discussed (or an unintended behavior or bugs) they should submit it at https://www.bftracker.com . If you can't quite word it or anything you send me a video or what not of it being reproduced or happening in-game but your probably way better off submitting it and all the information you can at the bftracker site.

It's tough to reproduce the current tank bug since it requires basically dying in a tank, and then sitting past the designed respawn timer, but entirely conditional on the baddies not taking your gimme.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, April 25th 2017, 5:14pm

Making respawn timers visible (like Hardline) would help considerably. They should at least be enabled in CTE.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: May 16th 2012

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, April 25th 2017, 10:42pm

The Amiens tank bug has been known for quite some time, but I thought it was fixed in the patch that also fixed the glitch that gave the enemy team your tank spawn. Is it actually still bugged?

I am not a fan of the new vehicle spawning system DICE has got here. But you know what, if they want to limit backcapping or whatever, fine. It's their game. But at least make the mechanics clear and apparent to players and not hidden behind some opaque rules that they can't be bothered to explain.

You don't give the enemy your tank anymore, but it seems like the ability to spawn a second tank on maps with two tanks where the tank spawn shifts (Amiens, and now Empire it looks like, possibly Scar too) is bugged and cannot be spawned after round start until the gimme flag changes hands and you lose the ability to spawn armor there.

As soon as the gimme flips the slot gets +1 at the uncap.

Probably related to the pair of bug fixes where they stopped enemy from getting it and then the UI fix where it showed 2 tanks availlable when only one was actually slotted.

The drive to the gimme flag is so short and renders the spawn point immune to mining. I don't understand why they felt the need to have those points moved up. Or what the point of the new spawn system is in general.

It doesn't make sense that -1 tanks until flags swap hands is a "feature". It has to be a bug. DICE'd.

I'm pretty sure the Amiens tank bug existed before DICE fixed the tank spawn transfer bug. I run the side gun seats on the breakthrough tank for a tanker friend when we play Amiens sometimes and he mentioned a few times, way before any of the spawn glitches got fixed, to let the enemy team have our gimme so that our tank could respawn, or that we would have to wait for a while when our tank died, because the tank we took wouldn't respawn until that happened. He'd also expressed hope back then that DICE would fix both bugs together.