Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, April 22nd 2017, 9:29pm

But after a bit of thought, I do think that it could be a game feature. It could be a way to limit back-capping.

Same here. Once you brought that possibility up, I began considering it as a pseudo-limitation to back-capping. However, the hypothetical system isn't foolproof. As long as a fellow player spawns in and moves within that spawn radius, you can cheat the system.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.
For 'skill cannons,' that is.

Nope, Aim Assist or bust.

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "JSLICE20" (Apr 23rd 2017, 9:12am)

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, April 22nd 2017, 10:00pm

I doubt they'd gimp jeeps to limit back-capping, after making all air vehicles team-spawn.

Date of registration

Saturday, April 22nd 2017, 10:06pm

Not sure where you're going with that, but Monte Grappa, Empire's Edge, and Sinai Desert all have flags that can spawn planes.

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Sunday, April 23rd 2017, 12:26am

I doubt they'd gimp jeeps to limit back-capping, after making all air vehicles team-spawn.

Exactly. This talk of it being intentional is rather absurd for a multitude of reasons; sometimes (often) a bug is just a bug.

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Sunday, April 23rd 2017, 12:34am

Not sure where you're going with that, but Monte Grappa, Empire's Edge, and Sinai Desert all have flags that can spawn planes.

I meant, I think it's unlikely that they would attempt to limit back-capping with one mechanic, while simultaneously encouraging it with another. I mean.... If they wanted to limit back-capping, then team-spawn planes would be off the cards. As we do have team-spawn planes, it suggests that they are fine with back-capping.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(1,606)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Sunday, April 23rd 2017, 11:19am

Yeah what you mean is likely true, I mean if you want to backcap you can almost as easily jump into the always empty rear gunner seat of a plane and jump out somewhere, it might not be as common, but it is less risky on the whole. And you can still just spawn a plane just fine and taxi your way to a backcap.

I just wanted to throw out the idea that it might be a feature for some obscure reasons, but it very likely is a bug. It is good though to consider all options.

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2015

Monday, April 24th 2017, 7:35am

I've thought about something else to try regarding this glitch. (I'm pretty sure it's a glitch and not a game feature, but without DICE input we may never know.)

I was rereading the thread, and what tankmayvin said earlier made me think of it:
While not a transport bug, I've found another vehicle spawn bug.

On Amiens you get a second tank when you take the gimme. If one of those tanks dies, the tank count will NOT go past one unless the gimme flag is flipped. At which point you get another tank.

Haven't seen this on other maps (ie where planes spawn on captured flags).

On Empire's Edge specifically, I know that jeeps spawn on A & G respectively, and I'm wondering if the glitch resets after the other team takes the point. I mean, your team would have to retake the point obviously in order to spawn transports.

Do any of you think there could be an underlying bug in the vehicle spawn system as a whole, and not just the transports?
From my limited programming knowledge, declaring variables and resetting them after certain events can be easily overlooked on top of narrowing the possible outcomes, especially when you're dealing with pages upon pages of code.
I love the math behind the statistics
It's possible to find me online at almost any given time, due to the fact that my schedule is hectic and rather non-existent.

Who needs sleep anyways?
(PC/PS4 gamer)

Various bf4 spreadsheets: (nothing special, just raw data from the Symthic website put into a spreadsheet to analyze all values at once)

Spoiler Spoiler

General Weapon spreadsheet:
BF4_Weapons_enhanced_UPDATED_2016
Soldier Equipment:
BF4_Gadget_Damage
Interactive Damage Table
bf4_dmg_at_range - Google Sheets
Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
bf4_sniper_guide
Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
Suppressed bf4_sniper_guide
More user friendly Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Sniper rifle Bullet Drop Chart
More user friendly Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart

Date of registration

Monday, April 24th 2017, 7:50am

A tank glitch already existed where you or the opposite team could essentially steal tanks from the spawn screen, so the new system is probably rife with problems. I hate it anyway, but dumb shit like this makes me hate it even more.

Prepare your laughbox

Date of registration
: May 16th 2012

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, April 24th 2017, 10:39am

The Amiens tank bug has been known for quite some time, but I thought it was fixed in the patch that also fixed the glitch that gave the enemy team your tank spawn. Is it actually still bugged?

I am not a fan of the new vehicle spawning system DICE has got here. But you know what, if they want to limit backcapping or whatever, fine. It's their game. But at least make the mechanics clear and apparent to players and not hidden behind some opaque rules that they can't be bothered to explain.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Monday, April 24th 2017, 11:32am

The Amiens tank bug has been known for quite some time, but I thought it was fixed in the patch that also fixed the glitch that gave the enemy team your tank spawn. Is it actually still bugged?

I am not a fan of the new vehicle spawning system DICE has got here. But you know what, if they want to limit backcapping or whatever, fine. It's their game. But at least make the mechanics clear and apparent to players and not hidden behind some opaque rules that they can't be bothered to explain.
You don't give the enemy your tank anymore, but it seems like the ability to spawn a second tank on maps with two tanks where the tank spawn shifts (Amiens, and now Empire it looks like, possibly Scar too) is bugged and cannot be spawned after round start until the gimme flag changes hands and you lose the ability to spawn armor there.

As soon as the gimme flips the slot gets +1 at the uncap.

Probably related to the pair of bug fixes where they stopped enemy from getting it and then the UI fix where it showed 2 tanks availlable when only one was actually slotted.

DICE'd.