Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2015

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, April 21st 2017, 3:14am

I knew that there was some bug with the vehicle respawns, but with all of my effort on the console, I couldn't figure it out properly.

Kudos @JSLICE20 & @SomeRandomGuy for the thorough testing and finding the parameters !

It seems like Dice might have been trying to penalize those who did solo flag runs by making it so that the vehicles didn't spawn for you after you lose it, but for the glitch to transfer over to all others that get into the vehicle? It ruins the purpose of transport vehicles.

Since we know the prereqs for making the glitch work, the next thing that I'd like to try would be to see if there is a respawn delay for the glitch. Say, if you just drove the car and blew it up and spawn back at home, would the car spawn if you wait a certain amount of time, or will it simply never spawn again? I think I'd maybe stay within the spawn zone for the transports for no more than 5 minutes, just to test the theory.

I won't have any free time to test this until tomorrow night, so if I don't spot any more activity on this thread regarding it, I'll get it done. Oh and can't forget to post the results, whatever they might be.
I love the math behind the statistics
It's possible to find me online at almost any given time, due to the fact that my schedule is hectic and rather non-existent.

Who needs sleep anyways?
(PC/PS4 gamer)

Various bf4 spreadsheets: (nothing special, just raw data from the Symthic website put into a spreadsheet to analyze all values at once)

Spoiler Spoiler

General Weapon spreadsheet:
BF4_Weapons_enhanced_UPDATED_2016
Soldier Equipment:
BF4_Gadget_Damage
Interactive Damage Table
bf4_dmg_at_range - Google Sheets
Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
bf4_sniper_guide
Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
Suppressed bf4_sniper_guide
More user friendly Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Sniper rifle Bullet Drop Chart
More user friendly Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, April 21st 2017, 3:42am

It seems like Dice might have been trying to penalize those who did solo flag runs by making it so that the vehicles didn't spawn for you after you lose it, but for the glitch to transfer over to all others that get into the vehicle? It ruins the purpose of transport vehicles.

I just assumed it to be a glitch, but there's some water behind the theory that the result is by design. The enter-vehicle theory is just my assumption based on the results of the experiment, but I really do think this can be consistently replicated so there's a chance I'm right about it.

Just to recap step by step:

> Spawn Deployment
> Enter transport
> Die with transport or blow it up
> Return to Deployment

It's possible the glitch/ feature won't happen the first time, so a second or even third attempt might be necessary.

Since we know the prereqs for making the glitch work, the next thing that I'd like to try would be to see if there is a respawn delay for the glitch. Say, if you just drove the car and blew it up and spawn back at home, would the car spawn if you wait a certain amount of time, or will it simply never spawn again?

Transports on their own have no spawn delay. As soon as one is destroyed it will reappear so long as you never enter it. If you enter it you should not be able to summon the same one once even when in the spawn radius. Another player who also hasn't entered will be able to spawn it though.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.
For 'skill cannons,' that is.

Nope, Aim Assist or bust.

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration

Friday, April 21st 2017, 4:03am

Transports on their own have no spawn delay. As soon as one is destroyed it will reappear so long as you never enter it. If you enter it you should not be able to summon the same one once even when in the spawn radius. Another player who also hasn't entered will be able to spawn it though.

I was thinking that a spawn delay might exist only for those that have entered it. As in you're hit with an invisible cooldown that is only active when you are inside the transport spawn radius. I know it's a farfetched idea, but I'd still like to test it.

I have a few other ideas that require thorough testing - mainly on Suez, since the two armored cars can really change the tide of battle if they last long enough.
For all intents and purposes, I don't think I can reliably test vehicle lifespans in relation to a singular driver, or total distance driven.
I guess the best way for me to test this would be to repeatedly be the driver and stay alive as long as possible before "going down with the ship" so to speak. (getting the transport blown up while still driving it)
I've got plenty of ideas to try, and I hope to test them all as thoroughly as I can. (I don't usually get into transports, so I can get a new experience that way)
It's possible to find me online at almost any given time, due to the fact that my schedule is hectic and rather non-existent.

Who needs sleep anyways?
(PC/PS4 gamer)

Various bf4 spreadsheets: (nothing special, just raw data from the Symthic website put into a spreadsheet to analyze all values at once)

Spoiler Spoiler

Soldier Equipment:
BF4_Gadget_Damage
Interactive Damage Table
bf4_sniper_guide
Friendlier Sniper rifle Bullet Drop Chart
More user friendly Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(1,606)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, April 21st 2017, 9:50am

By the way, I watched a video on the AN-94 yesterday and I immediately thought of this thread and the transport spawns. The AEK and the AN-94 were both close to replacing the AK-74 as standard service rifle but they never got adopted to a large extent, although these rifles were mechanically better. It is just that they are so advanced that reliability becomes an issue, so that you are better off with the old system.
While a total tangent, this is totally not correct.

Service rifles are typically very difficult to replace because once you've got a really good one (AK arguably being the best example of a service rifle the entire world can use), the incremental improvements that can be brought with new rifles are seldom actually worth the whole logistic exercise of re-issueing, re-tooling, re-training. And also the cost.

Hell, even you have a bad one (SA80 family for eg), it's incredibly drawn out and time consuming to field some sort of replacement or even a fix.

AEK and AN-94 simply brought no phenomenal performance gains to warrant all of the hassle of replacing such a ubiquitous weapon. Hell there have been tons of new-pattern AKs that suffered the same fates.

US has suffered similar issues. They wanted all sorts of fanciful and not so fanciful weapons to increase infantry lethality by replacing M-16 patterns and have consistently shitcanned all of the projects at the competition stage due to technical issues but ultimately because lethality/performance improvements never met the targets where replacement was worth all the trouble.

Yeah this is what I was kind of getting at. The AN-94 is an incredibly well designed gun, but really complicated even to disassemble and with a very special trait, firing two shots before the recoil hits. Now you can argue about the usefulness of this, of course, and the AEK is similar in a way that it is recoil reducing if I recall it correctly, but is this really worth the hassle, when you have an outdated weapon that still fills the necessary roles?
Similar to the transports. Having them spawn and sit there is crude and working. They can be misused and might not be there when you need them but it roughly worked. Now we have a system that was likely designed with hindsight, but bugs or features, the misinformation as well as the general complexity make it less reliable as the previous system.

It is an analogy, nothing to take to serious, I just wanted to mention it.

By the way, on the US market there is another distinct difference, and that is, while the M16/4 is clearly an inferior and outdated gun right now the reasoning, and that is partially understandable, for not adopting the XM8, the M416 or the SCAR system is also that many of them are not entirely US products and that is a real issue as well. Every time a US company comes up, European gunmakers are already ahead by another nose length. By the time the ACR was revealed, which was Colt, I believe, FN Herstal and H&K had already come up with another one. And right now, H&K has presented a successor to the M416, which will likely be marginally better again. In such circumstances, the chances of adopting a US-though out and made AR are rather slim. Still the ARs will need to be replaced soon, however, as a European gunmaker I would also not bother anymore. But that is only my opinion and I am not a US citizen and this is totally off-topic anyway.

@JSLICE20

Yeah I think it could be intentional, and for a couple of reasons I can think of, also there is this pattern in respawning (or not respawning), if you could not demonstrate it because it was more random then it would be a bug. However, the similarity to the tank spawn bug are also there. And of course the reasons I can think of for it being a feature are either really bad, or really non issues. So you want to hinder the guy that drives it off to a far away place to do it again, so you keep it from respawning for that guy. But why would he destroy it in the first place? There is no vehicle degradation either. Then I thought they might want to prevent C4 jeeps from happening. Which is odd, because there is no C4 either. Also it would actively prevent the guy who drives it off a cliff by accident or that kills it by bad luck to try it again? Why penalize this?
One would have to test this how it behaves with enemy action. If the enemy tank destroys you and your jeep, will it respawn. Will it respawn for you if it was not out of bounds but more in the center of the map, preferably contested flags. That is quite a thing to ask, especially since there is no way to create this unless for definite results unless you round up 24 players, thanks to the great server settings of BF1. I still think there are bugs tied to the tank spawn bug that apply to all vehicles and not a feature, because I just do not see the point, but the pattern is there that is why I suspected it.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, April 21st 2017, 10:18am

There is no vehicle degradation either.
Will it respawn for you if it was not out of bounds but more in the center of the map, preferably contested flags. That is quite a thing to ask, especially since there is no way to create this unless for definite results unless you round up 24 players

Vehicles do in fact degrade, so your assumption is not true. If a transport doesn't degrade it is because there is always a player within the keep alive radius which is either 20m or 50m. With this in mind, a transport near an objective will probably never degrade therefore it will never respawn. It will have to be destroyed in order to do so, and if you yourself did not drive it to that location you should be able to trigger the spawn. Gathering more than two players would be highly unnecessary.

One would have to test this how it behaves with enemy action. If the enemy tank destroys you and your jeep, will it respawn.

This is the next portion of mine and SomeRandomGuy's testing now that we established the probable causation and requirements for this occurrence and can regularly repeat the results.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.
For 'skill cannons,' that is.

Nope, Aim Assist or bust.

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(1,606)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Friday, April 21st 2017, 10:57am

Really, wow I never knew that, in a crude way that makes sense, in the other it is incredibly awful. On one hand you could always jump back into it when you need additional firepower, but on the other hand the lone sniper has his own vehicle at his disposal wherever he decides to be.
At the same time one can park or ditch a vehicle in an area where it would still almost always be in the radius but without ever being entered again or being in a good spot. Geez who thinks up this kind of stuff?

Edit:

C4 jeeps return to Battlefield 1! - YouTube

Nothing to easy to recreate, but jeep stuff is indeed back.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 22nd 2017, 1:07am

Credit goes to a Japanese player for figuring that out, I saw their video on the BF1 subreddit recently, though I don't have it handy. Should prove amusing.

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Saturday, April 22nd 2017, 2:33am

Sadly, it's probably something that will be patched out. BF1 makes it obvious that they don't approve of jihad jeeps, and any workarounds is likely to be smited eventually.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 22nd 2017, 5:38am

Sadly, it's probably something that will be patched out. BF1 makes it obvious that they don't approve of jihad jeeps, and any workarounds is likely to be smited eventually.
It's really not a good mechanic with the slow as hell toaster tanks we have in BF1.

Date of registration

Saturday, April 22nd 2017, 9:17pm

I did a lot of testing from 12am until 4am, and here's how I did it.

On PS4, playing CQ Large, ALWAYS hopping into transports, Support Class with wrench and Light AT grenades
Once the glitch is triggered, you NEED someone who hadn't gotten into that transport to get it to spawn. Driving it for ten minutes doesn't change anything. The method of destruction doesn't seem to change anything. Standing ten minutes inside the spawn radius once the glitch happens doesn't change anything - except being a non-helpful member of your team by doing nothing but sitting in spawn waiting for the armored car.

But after a bit of thought, I do think that it could be a game feature. It could be a way to limit back-capping.

On everything except Argonne forest, you can easily back-cap using any of the armored cars or jeeps. (I can't say if any of the CQ TNSP maps allow it since I don't play them outside of Domination)
This could be Dice's way of saying "Hey, if you want to back-cap with that transport, it's fine, but you can only do it once with that vehicle. Next time fight through the other points to get here."

Who needs sleep anyways?
(PC/PS4 gamer)

Spoiler Spoiler

Soldier Equipment:
BF4_Gadget_Damage
Interactive Damage Table
bf4_sniper_guide