Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, April 20th 2017, 3:16pm

It's funny, that's what SomeRandomGuy and I would shout when we hijacked the transports and sent them to watery graves or blew them to smithereens when Blueberries were involved. "It's in the name of science!" XD

Wow, thanks for trying all this out. Normally nobody cares about transports but me. So the reason the Amiens ones spawn in so fast is because it is the second one spawning in when I enter the radius, not the one I just used on the previous life. But if There is only one on a map and I used it on the previous life it won't come back? I am so confused. I just wish it was like with MRAPs in BF4 where there was always one waiting around. This new system is so stupid. Considering that spawning out at the base flag can waste sooooo much time if the vehicle isn't there, but if it is there then I can use it very effectively. Having constant access to an AC, good aim in the turret and just a pinch of good luck can mean pretty much constant backcapping of the enemy team. Not getting an AC to spawn can mean minutes of useless trudging to the fight.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, April 20th 2017, 4:09pm

Yes it would definitely help, as it is a decent AA measure and can deal with infantry threats at longer ranges. The armored car can function as a turret as well since you are less of a sitting duck. It is just an example of a good idea to fix a non-existing problem and then including bugs so that people can not rely on them.

That said, if you have a jeep fire on the behemoth on Ballroom or Quentin it is rather overpowered and nets you a lot of points, too.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 20th 2017, 4:55pm

Yes it would definitely help, as it is a decent AA measure and can deal with infantry threats at longer ranges. The armored car can function as a turret as well since you are less of a sitting duck. It is just an example of a good idea to fix a non-existing problem and then including bugs so that people can not rely on them.

That said, if you have a jeep fire on the behemoth on Ballroom or Quentin it is rather overpowered and nets you a lot of points, too.

The best times with the AC are when you have an accurate gunner and then switch into the forward facing LMG (seat 3). It means you have 2 very deadly machineguns firing on targets with no recoil and reverse spread that can only be stopped by explosives. Blocking off alleys in Amiens and just hosing down everyone is very effective. The fact that rocket guns can't peek-fire like engineers could in BF3/ 4 makes such a difference. Now they have to either crawl out and be mown down or run out and go prone and be mown down. The big problem is AT grenades since they can be thrown quite far and do huge damage to cars.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 20th 2017, 5:04pm

Yeah, very well analysed. Minimal movement and decent cover help with aiming. Hitting and especially killing someone on the move is incredibly hard with transports though. At the same time a moving AC is still easy enough to hit. Letting possible enemies come to you is indeed the best tactic. If the assaults need to put themselves in the line under accurate fire they might reconsider their chances. :D

I've also noticed, especially on Sinai that the AC are often ignored, especially at D flag, where it spawns. People are very focused on the flag radius and if you are stationary and do not move the turret they will likely ignore you. Also when shot at people will assume it is still small weapons fire and look for infantry. I had some crazy streaks there, because people just did not pay attention to the AC, that is also very hard to see thanks to the camo.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 20th 2017, 8:57pm

Yeah, very well analysed. Minimal movement and decent cover help with aiming. Hitting and especially killing someone on the move is incredibly hard with transports though. At the same time a moving AC is still easy enough to hit. Letting possible enemies come to you is indeed the best tactic. If the assaults need to put themselves in the line under accurate fire they might reconsider their chances. :D

I've also noticed, especially on Sinai that the AC are often ignored, especially at D flag, where it spawns. People are very focused on the flag radius and if you are stationary and do not move the turret they will likely ignore you. Also when shot at people will assume it is still small weapons fire and look for infantry. I had some crazy streaks there, because people just did not pay attention to the AC, that is also very hard to see thanks to the camo.

Yeah the same kinda applies to C on Sinai too. Had a funny moment on Soissons conquest where some idiot on my team crashed us into the trenches at C and then got out and died. I was in the turret. 3 enemies ran up, one jumped on the AA and 2 ran down into the trenches. I used the turret that was peeking over the trench to kill the AA guy then switched to the front LMG and both the infantry were crouched down in front of the car facing the other way, not realizing I was in there so I got to let rip with the LMG at about 5m range.

But yeah, hitting anything on the move is pretty hard since the alignment of the sight gets all messed up when the vehicle turns. Makes it all the more frustrating that blueberries can just spawn in the driver seat any moment. The fact that they just generally drive right at the nearest tank or flag (probably while yelling "I'm ptfo" to themselves) and getting up to five players killed doesn't help.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, April 20th 2017, 10:11pm

This is yet another stellar example of over-engineering a feature, just to give it a dozen more ways that it can (and will) break. Usually a better-in-theory but more complex system will not work out nearly as well as a simpler/"worse" system, because reliability is always king. It's a basic rule when designing any military hardware, reliability is absolutely the single most important factor.

Sure it's nice to have transports pop in when needed, it probably makes the game run just a little nicer most of the time without those assets spawned in, but if it doesn't work, either fix it or scrap it. Preferably sooner than six months into the game's life.

If the zoom-in spawn animation is preventing the fix of late spawns on dead people, scrap it.

If moving Tanks up a flag when they're capped is screwing with the Tank count, scrap it.

Cut them out of retail until they can be re-implemented in working order.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Thursday, April 20th 2017, 10:31pm

But if There is only one on a map and I used it on the previous life it won't come back?

Something along those lines, yes. Although I would add that you yourself cannot trigger the spawn, it must be another player who has not entered the same transport previously. This would likely be why transports don't spawn for you specifically and why often times they just vanish. It's a rarity that players will spawn at the Deployment after the beginning of the round, therefore if no one does the destroyed transport will be lost forever.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 20th 2017, 11:11pm

But if There is only one on a map and I used it on the previous life it won't come back?

Something along those lines, yes. Although I would add that you yourself cannot trigger the spawn, it must be another player who has not entered the same transport previously. This would likely be why transports don't spawn for you specifically and why often times they just vanish. It's a rarity that players will spawn at the Deployment after the beginning of the round, therefore if no one does the destroyed transport will be lost forever.

Could this be by any chance a deliberate mechanic to prevent vehicle stealing, wasting or whatever? So say you use your transport as a taxi to get into a certain area, totally off the tracks die there and come back to base. Would they create a feature to hinder you to misuse another vehicle? It is a long shot, but could this be the case?

By the way, I watched a video on the AN-94 yesterday and I immediately thought of this thread and the transport spawns. The AEK and the AN-94 were both close to replacing the AK-74 as standard service rifle but they never got adopted to a large extent, although these rifles were mechanically better. It is just that they are so advanced that reliability becomes an issue, so that you are better off with the old system.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 20th 2017, 11:26pm

Could this be by any chance a deliberate mechanic to prevent vehicle stealing, wasting or whatever? So say you use your transport as a taxi to get into a certain area, totally off the tracks die there and come back to base. Would they create a feature to hinder you to misuse another vehicle? It is a long shot, but could this be the case?

By the way, I watched a video on the AN-94 yesterday and I immediately thought of this thread and the transport spawns. The AEK and the AN-94 were both close to replacing the AK-74 as standard service rifle but they never got adopted to a large extent, although these rifles were mechanically better. It is just that they are so advanced that reliability becomes an issue, so that you are better off with the old system.

If it was actually intentional, it's one of the worst-communicated "features" in the game, which says something. A better solution would be to simply give us more transports, people have been complaining about their limited number since launch.

Excellent examples. Now, in a military sense it's fine to issue these better, more complex weapons to elite units (as they did, the AN-94 has seen combat recently-ish), but that's obviously not something that applies to game design. If your new system or mechanic isn't both better and at least as reliable as the old one, it's not a good addition.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, April 21st 2017, 12:00am

While a total tangent, this is totally not correct.

Service rifles are typically very difficult to replace because once you've got a really good one (AK arguably being the best example of a service rifle the entire world can use), the incremental improvements that can be brought with new rifles are seldom actually worth the whole logistic exercise of re-issueing, re-tooling, re-training. And also the cost.

Hell, even you have a bad one (SA80 family for eg), it's incredibly drawn out and time consuming to field some sort of replacement or even a fix.

AEK and AN-94 simply brought no phenomenal performance gains to warrant all of the hassle of replacing such a ubiquitous weapon. Hell there have been tons of new-pattern AKs that suffered the same fates.

US has suffered similar issues. They wanted all sorts of fanciful and not so fanciful weapons to increase infantry lethality by replacing M-16 patterns and have consistently shitcanned all of the projects at the competition stage due to technical issues but ultimately because lethality/performance improvements never met the targets where replacement was worth all the trouble.