Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, April 6th 2017, 8:17pm

Transports are definitely bugged on a few vanilla maps.

So, following on from the old thread about transport spawning, I tried to test out the new system that DICE has implemented whereby a vehicle only spawns in when a player appears at the relevant flag/ base. As far as I can tell, the only vehicles that reliably spawns are the armoured cars for each team on Amiens. It seems that 2 of these can be up at any one time per team and whenever I spawn at base, a car magically pops in. This map works perfectly as intended.

On other maps, this is not so reliable. The ones on Sinai spawn with some regularity, but the worst of the bunch is Ballroom Blitz. This map does spawn one AC per team, but after the initial spawn at the beginning of the game, nothing I do can make this vehicle spawn again. Even when I am 100% sure it is destroyed and not stuck in a bush somewhere, it never reappears. Spawning at the base has no effect.

The spawn in mechanic also only seems to apply to ACs, as jeeps and motorbikes don't ever really seem to pop in when I spawn. They are usually already there or ave vanished.

Now i know most people probably don't care much about ACs and other transports, but in conquest they really can be a game changer. I just topped the scoreboard on Sinai by driving around in an AC capping deserted flags with my squad and using the MGs to mop up any randoms that spawned in (Now that the turret is actually aligned with its crosshair it is a pretty deadly weapon). The fact that teams are routinely screwed out of their vehicles does mess up team balance in BF1. Does anyone know if there is a way to make DICE aware of this situation?

EDIT/ PS: the MG mounted on the back of jeeps also seems to be misaligned. It fires above where the irons are aiming when ADS.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hau_ruck" (Apr 6th 2017, 8:29pm)

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, April 6th 2017, 11:31pm

So, following on from the old thread about transport spawning, I tried to test out the new system that DICE has implemented whereby a vehicle only spawns in when a player appears at the relevant flag/ base. As far as I can tell, the only vehicles that reliably spawns are the armoured cars for each team on Amiens. It seems that 2 of these can be up at any one time per team and whenever I spawn at base, a car magically pops in. This map works perfectly as intended.

On other maps, this is not so reliable. The ones on Sinai spawn with some regularity, but the worst of the bunch is Ballroom Blitz. This map does spawn one AC per team, but after the initial spawn at the beginning of the game, nothing I do can make this vehicle spawn again. Even when I am 100% sure it is destroyed and not stuck in a bush somewhere, it never reappears. Spawning at the base has no effect.

The spawn in mechanic also only seems to apply to ACs, as jeeps and motorbikes don't ever really seem to pop in when I spawn. They are usually already there or ave vanished.

Now i know most people probably don't care much about ACs and other transports, but in conquest they really can be a game changer. I just topped the scoreboard on Sinai by driving around in an AC capping deserted flags with my squad and using the MGs to mop up any randoms that spawned in (Now that the turret is actually aligned with its crosshair it is a pretty deadly weapon). The fact that teams are routinely screwed out of their vehicles does mess up team balance in BF1. Does anyone know if there is a way to make DICE aware of this situation?

EDIT/ PS: the MG mounted on the back of jeeps also seems to be misaligned. It fires above where the irons are aiming when ADS.
Transports are only underrated because a lot of the maps make maneuver really ineffective or impossible: Monte, ballroom, etc. The ACs are really good otherwise, especially with one cav in the squad on horse for grenadespam.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, April 7th 2017, 8:28am

One other thing I've noticed is that the little car icon on the spawn screen doesn't really seem to mean anything other than "a car may spawn here, maybe, possibly if you're lucky". Spawned at multiple flags around Sinai that had the icon and most had no vehicle present. Particularly annoying when it means walking all the way from the base.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, April 7th 2017, 10:52pm

This is definitely an issue, and Ballroom is especially noticeable. I didn't have a single kill with the US-model car for quite a long time.
Who has fun, wins.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, April 7th 2017, 11:14pm

Are you sure about the MG? I have a ton of kills with all stationary and mounted MGs and have never noticed anything like this. MIght give it a try, as I usually use the jeep gun for AA purposes. Nice summary in any case, this is really an issue. Just an example of how they tried to use am overly complex solution to a rather irrelevant issue. :D

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 8th 2017, 12:42am

Armored car multi-kills are the best sort of multikill.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 8th 2017, 11:02am

Are you sure about the MG? I have a ton of kills with all stationary and mounted MGs and have never noticed anything like this. MIght give it a try, as I usually use the jeep gun for AA purposes. Nice summary in any case, this is really an issue. Just an example of how they tried to use am overly complex solution to a rather irrelevant issue. :D

Just to be clear, I mean the ones on the open jeeps, not the closed armoured cars. Of all the vehicle mounted weapons, the jeep MGs are the only ones I think are genuinely underpowered. It seems they only use the same HMG damage model as the arty truck and the AC turret. That means no awesome 40 max damage like the stationary and boat variants. While this MG works great from inside a nice safe armoured car, truck or tank, it isn't really enough to risk jumping up an open jeep. Especially considering how open most of the maps are.

As for alignment, I think it fires higher than where the irons are aiming. It definitely looks that way. The stationary HMG is my 2nd highest killing vehicle, and I have no problems hitting with it. Then when I go to use the jeep I find myself firing over everyone's heads. Something just seems off about it. I'd say the worst thing is the serious lack of zoom too, compared with other MG weapons. Makes it very hard to spot that little brown blob of a sniper in among the sea of brown on the average BF1 map.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 8th 2017, 8:53pm

Just to be clear, I mean the ones on the open jeeps, not the closed armoured cars. Of all the vehicle mounted weapons, the jeep MGs are the only ones I think are genuinely underpowered. It seems they only use the same HMG damage model as the arty truck and the AC turret. That means no awesome 40 max damage like the stationary and boat variants. While this MG works great from inside a nice safe armoured car, truck or tank, it isn't really enough to risk jumping up an open jeep. Especially considering how open most of the maps are.

As for alignment, I think it fires higher than where the irons are aiming. It definitely looks that way. The stationary HMG is my 2nd highest killing vehicle, and I have no problems hitting with it. Then when I go to use the jeep I find myself firing over everyone's heads. Something just seems off about it. I'd say the worst thing is the serious lack of zoom too, compared with other MG weapons. Makes it very hard to spot that little brown blob of a sniper in among the sea of brown on the average BF1 map.
Crewed weapons have just never been the strong suit of transports, or really even their primary purpose. For obvious reasons, weapons loadout should be designed such that players aren't encouraged to drive the off somewhere behind a rock and use it as a mobile turret while the rest of the team is getting gunned down trying to make it off a hemmed in flag.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, April 8th 2017, 9:06pm

It is working fine as a turret, though. I have a lot of issues with the game, obviously but the stationaries I find all meaningful and decently balanced. Sure you are a sitting duck, but your damage output it good and your effective range long. The jeep is also mobile and great as a AA, similar to the Humvee of BF3.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 15th 2017, 11:02am

I think I figured out what's wrong with the Jeep MG that makes it harder to use than the AC/ tank/ stationary ones. It doesn't seem to have snap-to aim assist. It took me a while to realise that the other ones do, and that would explain why I find it much easier to hit with them. Then I switch to the jeep and wonder why I keep firing just over their head or just to the side of them. The other vehicles compensate for my poor aim. The jeep does not.