Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, April 11th 2017, 3:00pm

Another thing to it is exposure time, from assuming firing position, acquiring the target up until downing it. Fast firing guns allow for a very speedy pace of tactical movement (thinking) while shooting. Add to it the hectic nature of the game with stuff flying in semi-randomly from all directions, grenades falling out of everyone's pockets in between shots and drastically reduced amount of information from the minimap - suddenly the one who can quickly get into position and quickly leave it has huge advantage over another guy who is forced to operate at a more deliberate pace, limited by ROF. Snipers are given similar advantage. They can peek, make a shot, re-position, make another one - minimal exposure. Nothing new here, this song remains the same throughout battlefield series. Thing is, unless you act stupid, no one can force you into mid-range gunfight. Having said that, I often run around with ribeyrolles and mp18, let's just say that's because I love changing horses mid-stream, and the big problem with them is that range advantage is so marginal in bf1, there is really no point "fishing" for that perfect situation outside of enjoying fresh looks and feels, like in my case.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, April 11th 2017, 9:49pm

Another thing to it is exposure time, from assuming firing position, acquiring the target up until downing it. Fast firing guns allow for a very speedy pace of tactical movement (thinking) while shooting. Add to it the hectic nature of the game with stuff flying in semi-randomly from all directions, grenades falling out of everyone's pockets in between shots and drastically reduced amount of information from the minimap - suddenly the one who can quickly get into position and quickly leave it has huge advantage over another guy who is forced to operate at a more deliberate pace, limited by ROF. Snipers are given similar advantage. They can peek, make a shot, re-position, make another one - minimal exposure.

This is exactly right, and why I've always preferred higher (but not insane) RoF weapons, but ones that still work well enough past their ideal range. Auto-5, Automatico, Rem 8 .35, Madsen, MG 15, Gewehr M.95. In BF4 my favourite weapon was the F2000, no contest.

I was recently in Vaux with the Automatico Factory, working on that assignment, looking out a window over that little courtyard with the bridge in the middle. A couple enemies come out across the other end, I'm going to estimate about 20m or so. Aim, brrrrrrrrrrrrrt, both dead. One burst of about 10 or so rounds, 15 tops, both dead before they could react. And this is a regular occurrence, really.

In practice, in normal games with normal players of normal skill levels, the Automatico works just fine at any flag-relevant range, and works just fine all the way out until SLRs entirely take over from SMGs.