Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, April 5th 2017, 6:27am

I don't really think he needs a range buff to compete against Scouts. Rather, he needs a suppression buff against Scouts

I completely agree with this. While subjective, I'll pop 3-4 shots off at a Scout with the intention to suppress him, but he still manages to get a hit or killshot on me. Now, I don't know exactly how suppression works with the threshold and all, but I would imagine that 4 shots in that suppression radius should distort his aim enough to cause some wildly inaccurate shots.
Unconvinced letting you basically entirely nullify a scouts advantage by spraying at him is a good balance point.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,090)

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, April 5th 2017, 4:11pm

I honestly can't understand how SMGs are seen as better than LMGs. maybe console is different or something. I find assault by far the hardest class to kill infantry with. Most weapons can barely kill beyond spitting distance. As a support I'm actually happier when I spot an assault than any other class, as I know I can easily out-range them every time. I think most players just suck at seeing and hitting longer range targets and gravitate towards close range weapons because they think high dps is all that matters.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, April 5th 2017, 6:35pm

I honestly can't understand how SMGs are seen as better than LMGs. maybe console is different or something. I find assault by far the hardest class to kill infantry with. Most weapons can barely kill beyond spitting distance. As a support I'm actually happier when I spot an assault than any other class, as I know I can easily out-range them every time. I think most players just suck at seeing and hitting longer range targets and gravitate towards close range weapons because they think high dps is all that matters.

Yeah I totally agree. Most maps are too open to pick the Assault class and in turn give up all mid-range capabilities. Plus, picking that class means you're going to take the brunt of the grenade spam anyway.

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2017

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, April 5th 2017, 10:24pm

Odd. I absolutely have had no trouble on my end with SMGs. Which ones are you using? Automatico isn't as good as others say in my opinion. I just find it too inaccurate for my tastes. It could be the guns you're using. Lately I have been using the Ribeyrolle and the MP18 and have been having a blast with them when I'm not using shotguns.

EDIT: After rereading you're post I notice the comment about high rpm. I guess I can assume you're not a Automatico user than. Are you by chance trying to take fights on open ground? As someone that mains assault I have a tendency to want to use cover allot and take advantage of better hipfire and moving spread to give me some advantage on the other classes til I can close the gap.

Date of registration
: Feb 16th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Wednesday, April 5th 2017, 10:54pm

Odd. I absolutely have had no trouble on my end with SMGs. Which ones are you using? Automatico isn't as good as others say in my opinion. I just find it too inaccurate for my tastes. It could be the guns you're using. Lately I have been using the Ribeyrolle and the MP18 and have been having a blast with them when I'm not using shotguns.

EDIT: After rereading you're post I notice the comment about high rpm. I guess I can assume you're not a Automatico user than. Are you by chance trying to take fights on open ground? As someone that mains assault I have a tendency to want to use cover allot and take advantage of better hipfire and moving spread to give me some advantage on the other classes til I can close the gap.
The automatico can fire 7 shots in less time than the mp18 fires 5. So you have to be 30% more accurate to make up for the difference. According to my stats I am 0.5% more accurate with the mp18 optical than I am with the automatico factory (reasonably close sample sizes). In my view the mp18 and Ribeyrolle become superior to the automatico at ranges where smgs are outclassed by lmgs and SLRs. There is no range where they reign supreme and they are not versatile enough to make up for their mediocrity. It's a shame because I too want a more ranged play-style for assault but I find myself unable to pass up the Awesome Power of the Automatico.

TLDR: Automatico AP

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 5th 2017, 11:18pm

The automatico can fire 7 shots in less time than the mp18 fires 5. So you have to be 30% more accurate to make up for the difference. According to my stats I am 0.5% more accurate with the mp18 optical than I am with the automatico factory (reasonably close sample sizes). In my view the mp18 and Ribeyrolle become superior to the automatico at ranges where smgs are outclassed by lmgs and SLRs. There is no range where they reign supreme and they are not versatile enough to make up for their mediocrity. It's a shame because I too want a more ranged play-style for assault but I find myself unable to pass up the Awesome Power of the Automatico.

TLDR: Automatico AP
Yeah exactly. The automatico is plenty accurate given it's ability to spew bullets. You can't make up for it unless you have flawless accuracy using MP18 exp.

Obviously the vast majority of player have no issue keeping combat close range on flags.

I still haven't even unlocked the Ribeye yet because MP18 headshots :rolleyes:

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,421)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, April 5th 2017, 11:46pm

The ribeyrolles would really be an alternative, if it would not mean that you need to go out of the trenches. It is rather decent though at mid-range, something is also oddly nice about the firing animation, really sharp.

However for the combat that is enforced though and what is going on outside of the flag radius/trenches, the automatico is still the superior choice.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, April 5th 2017, 11:50pm

So what happened to the Scout discussion? That derailed pretty abruptly.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 5th 2017, 11:51pm

The ribeyrolles would really be an alternative, if it would not mean that you need to go out of the trenches. It is rather decent though at mid-range, something is also oddly nice about the firing animation, really sharp.

However for the combat that is enforced though and what is going on outside of the flag radius/trenches, the automatico is still the superior choice.
The Ribeye is a much more valid choice on maps like Sinai, Fao, Empire.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,421)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, April 6th 2017, 12:14am

Yeah, likely really usable on Sinai and Empire, where the Automatico also works well, but I would never play Assault on Fao, That is frustrating. Also the bipod on it is a very niche thing, but nice to have, in certain cases.

As for scouts, well some people do not like them, some people do, pretty much everything is said. Also people are so opiniated in BF right now, that there is no compromise on either side.