Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, April 4th 2017, 2:52am

Significantly lowering the skillcap for bolt-actions by buffing them absurdly, while taking away all-class primaries was one of the worst things BF1 has done IMO

Scout/Recon went from my easily 2nd most played class to dead bottom now. No strong PDWs/Carbines to run and gun and fight on objective where your surveillance gadgets are better used? No care.

Hope the next BF title reverses this

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Tuesday, April 4th 2017, 2:54am

Significantly lowering the skillcap for bolt-actions by buffing them absurdly, while taking away all-class primaries was one of the worst things BF1 has done IMO

Scout/Recon went from my easily 2nd most played class to dead bottom now. No strong PDWs/Carbines to run and gun and fight on objective where your surveillance gadgets are better used? No care.

I don't understand why they didn't make the Tanker/Pilot weapons all class. As currently setup they are basically wasted game assets, especially from the tanker perspective. Sure, leave them unlockable to tanker/pilot ranks but let everyone use them so that they actually get used.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,866)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, April 4th 2017, 3:11am

>lowered BA skill cap
>doesn't even use BA in the first place
>effective range of Flares 100m+

Idk man it's more you don't like not having all class guns and just threw in a complain about BAs in there.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,456)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 4th 2017, 3:15am

Significantly lowering the skillcap for bolt-actions by buffing them absurdly

How can you buff something but lower its maximum effectiveness?

I'm pretty sure you mean the skill floor. It's not a bad change either since most snipers in the past haven't been able to achieve the minimum requirement of getting headshots.

Furthermore, the Sniper Rifles are actually strong where they are intended which is long range combat. The Sniper Rifles actually make sense now.

Also, Scout isn't meant to be a close range class. That's just part of the design.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 4th 2017, 3:22am

I'm pretty sure you mean the skill floor. It's not a bad change either since most snipers in the past haven't been able to achieve the minimum requirement of getting headshots.

Furthermore, the Sniper Rifles are actually strong where they are intended which is long range combat. The Sniper Rifles actually make sense now.

Also, Scout isn't meant to be a close range class. That's just part of the design.
A scout that can't fight for information isn't a very useful scout. Vehicles are unambiguously superior at scouting now. If all the vehicle slots are actually using their scouting abilities fully recon flares/trenchscope basically redundant.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,456)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 4th 2017, 3:47am

A scout that can't fight for information isn't a very useful scout. Vehicles are unambiguously superior at scouting now. If all the vehicle slots are actually using their scouting abilities fully recon flares/trenchscope basically redundant.

Yeah the strict FoV is a problem but that's not the point here.

There is an assertion that somehow Bolt Actions have been overbuffed yet cannot be used as effectively as before.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, April 4th 2017, 4:37am

BAs as a whole in previous titles were only truly effective against stationary targets and targets with under 59 HP since that was their min damage (for chest shots). Now the min damage is 79-80 (excluding Martini-Henry), so even non-sweet-spot hits are fairly deadly. Combine that facet with much higher muzzle velocities across the board and one-shot, chest-shot killing potential within varying ranges and you have a weapon platform that is exceptional at long-range, objective-based combat.

Objectively, BAs are awful for flag caps or defends or M-COM arms and defends in BF3/4 which is why Recons aren't much of a nuisance at all unless they have Carbines or PDWs. The overall prerequisite of very good aiming and leading ability makes them somewhat skillful to use competitively against basically every other infantry primaries in the game, which is probably why players gravitate to the outskirts of the map because otherwise they'll get shredded by DMRs*, ARs*, or LMGs if they do not meet the aiming prerequisite. BAs are very much a non-factor for objective-based play unless those who use them have top notch aiming ability, which is quite a shame because BAs can be a lot of fun. Fundamentally, they are broken in these titles because they really serve no purpose.

This is a different story in BF1. BAs can now have a major impact regarding objective play which they just utterly lacked previously. A lot of players who neglected or avoided them in BF3/4 now recognize their viability and are using them with great effectiveness. I believe this is why many players dislike why BAs are actually good now because the playstyle they used in prior titles doesn't necessarily work with how BAs operate in BF1. I see no issue with this change. You have to think more about your movements in BF1 especially when crossing open ground because BAs have a much higher chance of killing you now instead of just being a minor nuisance.

*I'll also add that DMRs are incredibly accurate and all-kit, so countering a Recon sniper isn't much of a challenge. Plus ARs are able to tap fire out to extremely long ranges and can still reliably hit and kill Recon snipers. BF1's SLRs aren't nearly as good at counter sniping which just empowers Scouts even more. This is because BF1 emphasizes weapon-class-based positioning that its predecessors just do not come close to having. This, also, is what I think players complaining about BF1's mechanics are struggling with. It seems they don't understand that positioning is actually a meaningful and necessary factor in order to do well now.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 4th 2017, 4:54am

BAs as a whole in previous titles were only truly effective against stationary targets and targets with under 59 HP since that was their min damage (for chest shots). Now the min damage is 79-80 (excluding Martini-Henry), so even non-sweet-spot hits are fairly deadly. Combine that facet with much higher muzzle velocities across the board and one-shot, chest-shot killing potential within varying ranges and you have a weapon platform that is exceptional at long-range, objective-based combat.

Objectively, BAs are awful for flag caps or defends or M-COM arms and defends in BF3/4 which is why Recons aren't much of a nuisance at all unless they have Carbines or PDWs. The overall prerequisite of very good aiming and leading ability makes them somewhat skillful to use competitively against basically every other infantry primaries in the game, which is probably why players gravitate to the outskirts of the map because otherwise they'll get shredded by DMRs*, ARs*, or LMGs if they do not meet the aiming prerequisite. BAs are very much a non-factor for objective-based play unless those who use them have top notch aiming ability, which is quite a shame because BAs can be a lot of fun. Fundamentally, they are broken in these titles because they really serve no purpose.

This is a different story in BF1. BAs can now have a major impact regarding objective play which they just utterly lacked previously. A lot of players who neglected or avoided them in BF3/4 now recognize their viability and are using them with great effectiveness. I believe this is why many players dislike why BAs are actually good now because the playstyle they used in prior titles doesn't necessarily work with how BAs operate in BF1. I see no issue with this change. You have to think more about your movements in BF1 especially when crossing open ground because BAs have a much higher chance of killing you now instead of just being a minor nuisance.

*I'll also add that DMRs are incredibly accurate and all-kit, so countering a Recon sniper isn't much of a challenge. Plus ARs are able to tap fire out to extremely long ranges and can still reliably hit and kill Recon snipers. BF1's SLRs aren't nearly as good at counter sniping which just empowers Scouts even more. This is because BF1 emphasizes weapon-class-based positioning that its predecessors just do not come close to having. This, also, is what I think players complaining about BF1's mechanics are struggling with. It seems they don't understand that positioning is actually a meaningful and necessary factor in order to do well now.
It would all be fine and dandy if the shitty map design didn't overly cater to BAs on top of general buffs to the class.

Most of the maps render the majority of weapons ineffective when trying to move between flags. Or they force players to chose between moving in the open, taking a very long way around, or moving through a grindey choke point.

Map designs also provide a surplus of vantage points that are also proximate to various flags. With the general potency of melee/charges and pistols you can be fairly effective up close too.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, April 4th 2017, 5:17am

I don't see map design as a legitimate complaint/criticism either, which is why I excluded it from my previous post. Clearly, DICE's intention was to create an abundance of opportunity for BAs because they were the predominant weapon type during the era. Despite how un-WWI BF1 is, it would be even more so if maps did not cater to BA usage. For what it's worth, it does help to deliver the WW1 feel which is the whole point with this theme.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "JSLICE20" (Apr 4th 2017, 5:34am)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 4th 2017, 5:45am

I don't see map design as a legitimate complaint/criticism either, which is why I excluded it from my previous post. Clearly, DICE's intention was to create an abundance of opportunity for BAs because they were the predominant weapon type during the era. Despite how un-WWI BF1 is, it would be even more so if maps did not cater to BA usage. For what it's worth, it does help to deliver the WW1 feel which is the whole point with this theme.
That's unsubstanciated and thus likely you attributing motive/intent that doesn't actually exist.

The fact of the matter is that even if the maps were designed around BAs, the actual design isn't working as intended since most kills are being racked up in point blank ranges that cater the most to SMGs and buckguns, and spammy SLRs.

In any lens you chose for your optic, map design in BF1 is bad.

More importantly, if BAs were meant to be most relevant, and the game designed around BA combat, you wouldn't see BAs restricted to just one class (they would be all class), and most importantly you wouldn't see them restricted to the typically lowest scoring class in the game.

Fact of the matter is that in the meta sense SMGs are the dominant weapon in BF1.