Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "OldBFAddict" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, April 2nd 2017, 7:39pm

Scout rant

Ok, it's whining, hating, call it whatever, but the damn snipers have already ruined Soissons Frontline.

For me, the fun of the game is the challenge. But spawning in and getting picked off before taking three steps isn't exactly a challenge.

How about you scouts? When you're level 40 with 2k kills with your favorite rifle, is knowing exactly where to go to rack up the kills really challenging or fun for you?

Never mind, I don't care what you chickenshits think.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,776)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 18

Sunday, April 2nd 2017, 7:46pm

Seizing control of the enemy spawn area is a very valid tactic in frontlines.

With most of your team having to sit in a concrete area for long, pushing up further and picking off stray infantry is vital so that you reduce the pressure on your team.

Ever tried playing Vaux frontlines with no one trying to halt enemies coming into the flag? It's just asking to get shot from any angle or exploded to death.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Sunday, April 2nd 2017, 7:54pm

Don't play game modes that force you to attack the enemy positions over open ground on a narrow frontage then?

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, April 2nd 2017, 8:44pm

I notice noone uses smoke grenades. Ever.

But every1 complains about snipers. There are quite good smoke options in this game, but it's not happening. At least that's my experience on publics.

Good help against the plague that is snipers. YK.
RIP Sraw

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Sunday, April 2nd 2017, 9:35pm

i actually always use smoke grenades with the medic, it's prefect for moving from cover to cover even against tanks or to revive people, and even for pushing trough chokepoints along with fire grenades like in fort vaux if your team wants to mak euse of it and you know where to throw it..
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(1,605)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Sunday, April 2nd 2017, 9:47pm

Smoke is however only available in very limited amounts. Even with magic resupply. Also you are missing out on the pure lethality of every other grenade. That is the main factor.

However this is something that happens on all maps. They buffed the recon for certain reasons, and at the same time decreased the effective range of all other classes, but the main reason the scout is so darn viable, lies within the maps and the large wide open areas.

DICE needs to step up their map design, to allow medium engagement ranges.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,776)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 18

Sunday, April 2nd 2017, 10:49pm

Smoke is however only available in very limited amounts. Even with magic resupply. Also you are missing out on the pure lethality of every other grenade. That is the main factor.

However this is something that happens on all maps. They buffed the recon for certain reasons, and at the same time decreased the effective range of all other classes, but the main reason the scout is so darn viable, lies within the maps and the large wide open areas.

Smoke has 88% uptime. 16s duration 18s passive regen. It's plenty available, you just can't spam 40m of open space with smoke by yourself in a moments notice.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Sunday, April 2nd 2017, 10:57pm

I still consider the old system's smoke more useful; burst-usage (two/three at once) is almost always preferable to duration (one constantly), and this applies to more than just smoke grenades.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(1,605)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Monday, April 3rd 2017, 12:48am

Smoke has 88% uptime. 16s duration 18s passive regen. It's plenty available, you just can't spam 40m of open space with smoke by yourself in a moments notice.

Yeah that does conceal movement within a radius. BUt on am open map like Soissons this is practically worthless unless you are in the smoke, which is not good either. blocking off a street with smoke is great to conceal movement, but smoking a field is futile.

That said, magic will be gone soon enough, which will make grenades less thrown and less available on maps like these. Smoke is fine it works. You can totally use it tactically, the maps just suck in certain regards.

BeefVellington

The Real Impostor

(276)

Date of registration
: Feb 15th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, April 3rd 2017, 2:47am

Never mind, I don't care what you chickenshits think.
Happy to oblige.

I hit Scout Rank 50 yesterday. It's currently my most-played class and I have about 4,000 kills across all of Scout's rifles. I fall exactly into the category you described despite not considering myself to be a Scout main by any means. For this reason, I'm gonna give you a bit of insight on how to counter me and my playstyle as the Scout if you care to listen.

I find it fairly difficult to die to Scouts on Soissons as long as I don't play like a moron. Smart positioning is the number one counter to long-range Scout players and the sooner you learn to utilize your positioning options (i.e. not running around in the open) to your advantage, the better you'll perform against all enemies, not just Scouts. Part of this is also learning to read the battlefield and pushing up or falling back at the appropriate time. A decent amount of my kills as Scout on Frontlines are made up of players on my team's backline who failed to retreat five minutes before or people who push up way too early with no support.

As the Scout, it's my job to get picks on high-value targets (mainly Medics or other Scouts who endanger my Medics) in addition to providing intel to my team. If you protect your Medics and provide covering fire when they need to go in to do their job, my goals as the Scout are much harder to achieve. Obviously playing with blueberry randoms isn't gonna be a consistent experience here but make an attempt to work with your randie squadmates and make an attempt to play smart instead of walking three steps and dying as you stated.

Smoke grenades ruin my day more than anything else as Scout. Not having line-of-sight on enemies means that I can't provide backup to my team and it forces me to reposition into a potentially less-effective spot. Using the Mortar with smoke canisters, you can easily get 150 meters of potential reach to smoke me out of my position. Hell, you can even use the standard mortar which has much the same effect. For most cases under that distance and at my effective 30-80 meter range, you can manually lob a smoke in my general direction, or better yet directly in my hidey-hole and completely shut me down.

Another surprisingly effective tactic that I personally use to avoid incoming Scout fire is to bob and weave while crossing open ground directly away from their position. If you swerve back and forth in this way, it becomes much harder to anticipate the lead and trajectory of my shot. Many good-tier players I've fought against this past few weeks in Frontlines make very effective use of this tactic.

Also in your list of options is just switching to Scout for five minutes. More often than not, normal pubbie Scout players are complete shit. They will stand in one place for an extended period of time and not move and often they're running Sniper variants of their rifles which gives them significant scope glint when they aim in your general direction. Switch to Scout and dome these people until they give up their position, at which point hopefully your team will roll in unencumbered because of your own efforts. This ties into the wider Scout strategy of putting pressure on the enemy team. Learn it and love it.

Apologies if I've come off as condescending at any point but this feels like a pretty severe case of "madcuzbad" and I really couldn't help myself. There really are so many ways to counter the average Scout player that it's almost not worth complaining about on forums as opposed to just learning from your mistakes and getting gud. My list was by no means comprehensive either; I didn't even mention suppression which is probably the single most effective mechanic to shut down a long-range Scout. Just experiment with different styles of play and focus on self-improvement rather than complaining on the forums about chickenshit snipers.

Hope this helps with your blueberry Scout problem. Best of luck,

bef