Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

BeefVellington

The Real Impostor

(276)

• "BeefVellington" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 15th 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, March 28th 2017, 8:17pm

The C93 is bestgun

T4R. Strictly speaking about sidearms here.

I've spent the past several weeks trying out a variety of different sidearms for the various player classes in Battlefield 1. The one I've settled on as the best for a wide variety of situations is the level 10 Support unlock sidearm, the C93. I want to talk about my reasoning for picking this sidearm over others and compare and contrast the C93 with other weapons available for the individual classes.

Let's start right off with talking about the revolvers. I still use the Auto Revolver on my Medic because there's literally no reason not to as far as I'm concerned. It beats most other sidearms in TTK and it doesn't take approximately forty thousand years to reload like the other class-specific revolvers. Bestgun. However as it comes to the discussion about the sidearm choice for other classes, obviously every class can't use the Auto Revolver. This leaves a set of revolvers which either have long reload times (Bodeo, Bulldog, Gasser) or the one all-kit revolver whose time-to-kill past 9 meters makes me want to commit sudoku. There are also a variety of class-specific sidearms which are not revolvers. The most interesting of these belong to the Scout.

I've spent the majority of my time in the past week or so playing the Scout with the Gewehr 98 Infantry variant. I don't know what possessed me to start but I get a lot of enjoyment out of using it, especially in Frontlines. I'm determined to get at least 1000 kills with the rifle before putting it away. In my quest to use this rifle, I've also been trying out a variety of Scout-specific sidearms to complement it. The Scout more so than any other class in the game relies on its sidearm to stay alive in many situations. This necessitates a good choice. Besides the Bodeo which I've largely written off, there's the Mars Automatic and the Frommer Stop which are specifically available to the Scout only.

The Frommer Stop is actually a weapon I've already earned three service stars with across all of my time playing Scout. I was impressed at its extremely fast TTK the first time I used it so I stuck to it for a long time since. At a certain point, I started to notice the Frommer Stop was fairly ineffective at dealing good damage at what I'd consider to be medium-range engagements with pistols. At distances of about 10 to 20 meters or so, the Stop has extremely poor damage output for killing single targets 100% to zero. I thought maybe the Mars Automatic might be up to the challenge (in addition to its power as a finisher pistol) but I immediately hated it. The TTK for full-health targets was awful and the benefit of finishing enemies damaged by my Gewehr in one shot simply wasn't enough to win me over. This is when I remembered the C93.

I unlocked the C93 in November when I was fairly new. I always aimed down sights with my pistols and the huge visual recoil put me off this gun immediately. I also thought it looked ugly as hell. I was kind of dumb. When I picked it back up last week however, I earned my three service stars with the C93 faster than any other sidearm thus far. It doesn't have the raw damage to finish off a target hit for a 72 damage arm-shot with one bullet (it will leave them with about two health) but every other advantage it provides is worth it. 360 RPM is just fast enough for me to be able to pace my shots properly (rather than the load-blowing that is the Frommer Stop) and it's got only a barely slower reload time. It also deals a four-shot kill out to around 15 meters and retains a five-shot kill out to 20. By this distance the Frommer Stop is dealing about six or seven shots to kill for a full-health target.

The weapon's versatility and cross-class consistency is what I've been liking as I've started using the C93 on my various other classes. I don't have to deal with the slightly-different reload times and damage-over-range of the various other 300 RPM class-specific sidearms. I can just pick up the C93 and expect the exact same high-tier performance any time I pull out my sidearm. Four shots to kill at a respectable range at 360 RPM with a good reload time isn't really matched by any other weapon on offer currently. It's just the right blend.

The Mle. 1903 is very similar but its reload time is subpar and it has one less bullet in its magazine. The C93 has enough bullets for me to finish off an 80-damage Gewehr shot in one bullet, plus enough to kill two full-health enemies. I've had this exact situation happen to me about five or six times in the time I've used this pistol and it's the best feeling in the world landing a 100% accurate mag for three kills.

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on the best sidearms in BF1. Are there any noteworthy class-specific pistols I've left out? What is your personal favorite for each of the classes? I hadn't seen a thread about sidearms or the C93 in particular in a while so I'm curious to see what you think.

P.S. The No. 3 Revolver is worstgun.

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, March 28th 2017, 8:49pm

Browning has better deploy time (0.45s vs 0.5s), lower VRec with same Hrec and better moving ADS spread.
About 8v9 mag capacity - I doubt that you have 100% hitrate, so practically it's 1-2 enemies.
Model 3 has a nice deploy time - 0.47s, but with it's firerate if you miss any shot - you're screwed.
In practice - most sidearms are too close to each other, so even statisticaly bad M1911 performs very well if you don't try to shoot someone too far(past 15m).
For example, Colt M1903 Pocket, Steyr Pocket, Beretta M1915 and Frommer Stop are very easy to use, very forgiving, have lighthing fast reload and overall have more that enought stats for a true backup sidearm.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

BeefVellington

The Real Impostor

(276)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 28th 2017, 8:51pm

I doubt that you have 100% hitrate, so practically it's 1-2 enemies.
In practice, you're correct. The amount of times in the past week that the extra bullet saved me in particular made this noteworthy though. It's obviously not going to be the norm that +1 bullet will be the difference between life and death in most situations.

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(394)

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2016

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 28th 2017, 9:38pm

I'm a fan of the Steyr M1912(Repetierpistole), it has 360 RPM, P08 damage model and good deploy time, the only downside is the atrocious reload(which is considerably better if you empty the mag) and the fact it's limited to Support.
Autoloading 8 .25 extended user.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Gecko99" (Mar 28th 2017, 9:45pm)

Date of registration
: Feb 1st 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, March 29th 2017, 2:06am

MLE is a good choice as well. The only thing I hate it is the reload... In a pitch, It is long as hell... But I haven't unlocked the C93 yet, Definitely will give it a try.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, March 29th 2017, 4:59am

The Gasser might have a slow reload but you have a 2 hk range of 22 meters.
In veritable 's scoring of the sidearms. The mle 1903 is the best and the c93 borschard is the ease of use for the scout.
Maybe it's because I am a good shooter but I really like having the fastest deploy time.
It has saved me many times.
The no. 3 has also a faster reload than the auto revolver.
From the hip it shoots 224 rpm, only in ads it's below 200 rpm.
Also if you are used to playing with 5 round slr. It's easier to learn to shoot and make you expose yourself less.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, March 29th 2017, 5:07am

or the one all-kit revolver whose time-to-kill past 9 meters makes me want to commit sudoku.

Hahahaha, the No. 3 makes you want to play a Japanese number strategy game? 'Seppuku' is the suicidal act, even if it was intentional it's still funny. I got a kick outta that. :D

Overall, a nice little review of the C93. I was using it as my Medic sidearm because my aim wasn't good enough for the Auto Revolver (stick acceleration on console controller sucks for hipfire acquisition and tracking), but then I switched to the Mle 1903 because of its higher max damage from 0.1m-14.Xm where the dropoff equalizes with the C93 at 15m. The Mle makes sense for the Medic class because you need something within that 10m range that the SLRs won't be consistent at. I never thought about pairing the C93 with the Scout class though. I've just stuck with the Mars and Bodeo along with some experimentation with the Frommer Stop.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

BeefVellington

The Real Impostor

(276)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, March 29th 2017, 5:36am

I did not know this. Impressive. I'll have to put this on my list.

Hahahaha, the No. 3 makes you want to play a Japanese number strategy game?

Spoiler Spoiler

I never thought about pairing the C93 with the Scout class though. I've just stuck with the Mars and Bodeo along with some experimentation with the Frommer Stop.
I wouldn't have thought it either; the C93 is pretty forgettable until you realize its raw potential. Figured I'd talk about it for this reason.

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, March 29th 2017, 6:48am

I know C93, along with Mle 1903 are statistically the best sidearms, but for myself I have a hard time using them because my fingers are not as agile and repeated clicking interferes with my aiming. I can aim much better with the No.3 than the 449rpm pistols for example. Although in every class there is another revolver that is better than the No.3, practically if the target is not running straight at me the No.3 has enough fire rate on the hip to track and shoot accurately. And if I need to ADS, usually I would be better off with finding a cover to reload my primary and engage with my primary.

At first I wrote off the No.3 as a piece of junk, but after equipping it with assault, medic and support class I actually do not find many situations where I died because of the No.3's abysmal fire rate. On the contrary, a lot of times I would appreciate its slow fire rate because I literally COULD NOT blow all 6 rounds inaccurately. (I have shakey fingers and I would always accidentally misclick and blow through all 6 rounds of my bulldog.) But it applies to me most probably because I am bad =D.

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, March 29th 2017, 12:56pm

In veritable 's scoring of the sidearms. The mle 1903 is the best and the c93 borschard is the ease of use for the scout.
Maybe it's because I am a good shooter but I really like having the fastest deploy time.

It has saved me many times.
The no. 3 has also a faster reload than the auto revolver.
From the hip it shoots 224 rpm, only in ads it's below 200 rpm.
Also if you are used to playing with 5 round slr. It's easier to learn to shoot and make you expose yourself less.
Well, Frommer Stop has 0.4s deploy time - that's really make sense. If it was all-kit - I would be using it on all classes, except Mars on Scout sometimes. Because 1 less bullet for 0.4s deploy time and 1.25s non-empty and 2s empty reload - a very nice trade-off for me.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.